Brady has not committed to playing in 2018

I'd say there was a slim chance he retires out of spite toward Belichick, but Brady wouldn't cross Kraft, or forfeit all the deferred comp Kraft owes him for playing under market all these years to cheat the salary cap.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

For the record, I have not formally announced my return to being a Bills fan for the 2018 season. My exploratory team will await the results of thr next two weeks before announcing. 

So your proctologist is going to determine if you are returning?

If he okays it I will call him a quack.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is what I think will happen. 

I know I've said this already, but IMO the Patriots moving up to the top of the draft for a QB makes no sense. 

Contract wise, Top 5 picks are a lot more expensive than later round picks. Why would the Pats give up all those draft picks (and we all know Belichick Loves his draft picks) to move way up to the top of the draft and get a QB just to have him sit behind Brady for the next how-many-ever years, instead of just drafting a guy with one of their multiple 2nds?

IMO, a major trade up is the type of move you make when you need a starter immediately. They have the luxury of drafting a 2nd tier prospect, sitting him for a while and letting him learn from one of the best to ever play the position. They don't need a day 1 starter. 

I could see a slight trade up in front of Pittsburgh for Rudolph. But I don't see any way they even try to trade into the top 5. 

Plus, If Brady was (supposedly) bothered by Garoppolo, how would he feel about the Pats giving up a boat load of picks they could have used to immediately better the team in his final year, to get a high end QB prospect who won't start any time soon anyway? We've seen much lesser QBs get upset about trade up's (like Bradford, Smith etc). I imagine Brady would be pretty pissed off. 

7 hours ago, Turk71 said:

How perfect that he pushes for the Garoppolo trade and now BB can't stand him. I think he had them get rid of their future because he doesn't want Belichek to keep winning without him. He will play this year hoping to win one more and then retire imo.

Wow that makes the most sense considering that whibey twat brady

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Solder was way way over paid.. Cook he wasn’t upset by. He was not happy about Lewis and Amandola. 

Solder may have been overpaid by Pats standards with his new contract, but that's beside the point of whether they'll miss him. They will. He's done a terrific job for a long time for them at a premium position. My guess is that Scarnecchia coaches someone up but they suffer a definite regression at tackle.

something like this:

Bill Simmons: it's hard watching this being the last days of this great Patriots dynasty, i don't want to see them draft a bust of a QB and wind up turning into the Jets

House:  I would very much welcome and enjoy such a thing happenging.

Bill:  you can go to hell....

Of all these wacky stories, this one seems rational 

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-bill-belichick-relationship-tension-2018-4

As Tom Brady has gotten older, his values no longer align with Bill Belichick, and it could be the source of the team's tension

Portions of the story 

Some more details on the relationship between Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have emerged ...

over the course of time, you know, taking less money, seeing players who he valued very much, jettisoned or nickel and dimed or who went out the door, along with the team success, I think started to wear on him," Curran said of Brady.

The drafting of Jimmy Garoppolo pushed Brady and Belichick further apart, as Brady, in Curran's telling, was incensed that the team had drafted his would-be successor and became determined to hold on to the starting job.

Brady  getting Gronkowski into Guerrero's method after the former suffered another injury. But Belichick did not care for how Gronkowksi's new fitness approach had changed him.

finally, when training camp started, and Belichick and [the Patriots strength coach] couldn't get Gronk to do a squat, and Gronk looked horrible, that's when the flashpoint really started," Curran says.

Keep in mind Belli posted a record with Matt Cassel that would have gotten the Pats into the playoffs most any other year.  The Pats are not dead in the water without Brady.  I think Brady fears that, and it's why Jimmy G had to go, so his ego wouldn't be bruised by Belli succeeding without him.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Keep in mind Belli posted a record with Matt Cassel that would have gotten the Pats into the playoffs most any other year.  The Pats are not dead in the water without Brady.  I think Brady fears that, and it's why Jimmy G had to go, so his ego wouldn't be bruised by Belli succeeding without him.

As long as the end is near I’m happy 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Cassell had a career year and then reverted back to himself when he remembered who he was. Happened plenty of times before with other QBs. BB was a .500 coach before TB, and without a great QB he'll revert to something closer to his career average pre Brady. Or just get out of coaching so as not to tarnish his " legacy".