Peterman Works w/ Tom House, Adds Velocity

12 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

You're missing the point. Manning threw 28 ints in his rookie year. So by your measure, you would have given up on him and he never would have gotten any better. One game or one season does not a player make.

We only got so many roster spots for BU QB.  We don't have time to baby sit a guy hoping against hope he is the next Peyton Manning.  In PM's rookie season it took him 3 1/2 games to throw as many picks as Nasty Mate did in one half. 

I've seen enough. Draft someone new and put Nasty Nate on PS if you must.

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Yeah you're right nobody ever improves our gets better they just stay in the same place they were all the time. What was I thinking. Like that turnover machine Peyton Manning's first year.

Comparing Manning and Peterman? Seriously? 

Image result for cary grant get out gif

Agree, Peterman was a "fish out of water" in SD but his quick release was something I wanted out of Taylor since day 1 and never saw.  It is a necessary trait of a starting QB and Peterman has the stones to let it fly.  Not saying he is the next Tom Brady but I am also ok with disregarding his rookie season mistakes and giving him another chance.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He has a whole thread on it with his evaluations.

Great thread. I agree with everything 100%. I don't get all the love for Jackson and Allen. Not sure how Rosen isn't the consensus #1 overall pick. He is very polished, accurate, etc.

But I guess he hates football? Is a spoiled rich boy? Has opinions? The criticisms are ridiculous, and I hope they continue to make him slide down the draft board to Buffalo.

The only legitimate criticism for Rosen is his concussions. I guess he forces balls sometimes trying to be the hero.

Why do people insist on hitching their wagon to long shots?

Lots of crap QB's work on their weaknesses in the off-season. Like pretty much ALL of them. They do it so they can continue to get paid, and they hope it works out.

The likelihood of Peterman even becoming mediocre is pretty low, yet some here seemed to have made some personal investment in his success.

It's weird.

20 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

We only got so many roster spots for BU QB.  We don't have time to baby sit a guy hoping against hope he is the next Peyton Manning.  In PM's rookie season it took him 3 1/2 games to throw as many picks as Nasty Mate did in one half. 

20 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Comparing Manning and Peterman? Seriously? 

Image result for cary grant get out gif

Missing the point? Seriously?

20 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

And let's be thankful you're not a coach or GM and just somebody crabbing on a fan site.

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Missing the point? Seriously?

The point is that Manning as the number 1 pick in the entire draft came into the league as a player who it was only a matter of time before he would flourish and you compared a marginal prospect's struggle to his. It's ridiculous. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The point is that Manning as the number 1 pick in the entire draft came into the league as a player who it was only a matter of time before he would flourish and you compared a marginal prospect's struggle to his. It's ridiculous. 

Maybe if we'd have only given Brian Brohm more time he'd be Peyton Manning right now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No, the point is your buddy Red Dog would have cut anybody who had a bad game as a rook because no one ever gets better.  Let's let it play out. That was a point and not comparing him to Peyton.

screw the "One 'n Done" five picks minions.......want to see what this kid shows in minis, OTA's and pre-season.......I'd love to be drafted by McBeane so I could walk down the pigeon stained "TBD Welcome" red carpet....an "I' ain't going THERE" ala Eli or Elway may be MY preferred route...Jesus................

Just now, Green Lightning said:

No, the point is your buddy Red Dog would have cut anybody who had a bad game as a rook because no one ever gets better.  Let's let it play out. That was a point and not comparing him to Peyton.

He'll only get so much rope as indicated by the QB quest the GM is on.  It's completely different and the Manning reference doesn't apply. 

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Where did I say that?  Personally i would have kept Bad Bad Levi Brown longer because I thought he showed promise.  But Nasty Nate and his worst half by a QB in the history of football is a whole nuther story.  Maybe he'll get better, but I'd take the chance that he doesn't and look elsewhere.  I got a new bottle of tabasco in the back of the pantry in case I need to eat crow.  Seriously doubt I will need it though.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He'll only get so much rope as indicated by the QB quest the GM is on.  It's completely different and the Manning reference doesn't apply. 

Read the entire exchange. I just said your buddy Red Dog would have cut anybody who had a bad rookie season. Even some of the greats start out shaky. So why can't NP improve to be a competent quarterback? I say let it play out,  red dog says kill him. If you want to get hung up on the Peyton reference go ahead.