Peterman Works w/ Tom House, Adds Velocity

I don't feel like I've seen enuf of him to come to any firm conclusions but I think the lack of sufficient velocity on some of Peterman's throws, including the playoff game ending pick, is the product of poor footwork through his drop, frontal alignment/stance in relation to the target, planting and pushing more off his front foot instead of properly transferring his weight, in other words sloppy mechanics. Add to that poor timing due to a lack of work with his receivers and the big step up in gamespeed and you wind up with a recipe for disaster, especially when the play call is a throw that is risky to begin with. I've seen tape of Josh Allen, maybe the strongest arm in the game at any level, get picked on out patterns for exactly the same reasons (when his mechanics are poor). With better lower body mechanics I'm pretty sure that the velocity of Peterman's throws would improve, and throwing mechanics is certainly something you can work on. Would it improve enuf for him to make the deep out? Like I said, I haven't seen enuf so idk. Not yet. Peterman is not Josh Rosen. He is actually very sloppy and unrefined as a passer. The deal is, can he improve? I guess we will find out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Lance does a good job with his evaluations. People say he sucks when his evaluations doesn't match up with their illogical man crushes. 

Read a quick write up... only notable take away is he likes Lamar more than most

on Peterman...  geeze guys. The list of starting rookie QB who looked better than Peterman:

- all of them

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Read a quick write up... only notable take away is he likes Lamar more than most

on Peterman...  geeze guys. The list of starting rookie QB who looked better than Peterman:

- all of them

Watson

Traubisky

Mahomes

Edited by reddogblitz

6 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

No what I'm saying is this message board needs to stop acting like the worst QB in the league hands down, bar none, deserves a 7 page thread.

This fan base is beyond stupid when it comes to QB. It wasn't too long ago a majority here thought getting Goff and Wentz was stupid. Well we will watch them play for championships while we argue over 5th round bums.

I sincerely do not understand why this happens. I grew up in a time where you get credit and the benefit of the doubt if you actually do something to warrant it. A few throws in the preseason? Give me a damn break. 

This isn'

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You suggested Peterman will be on the team as a back up as 2nd or 3rd QB.

I said if Peterman is the back up(2nd QB) it would implicate the Bills passed or didn't trade up for a top QB and that's a big mistake and will spell disaster for McBeane, IMO.

I don't care if Peterman is the first backup or the tenth backup. It has no bearing on whether the Bills use a high pick on a qb. They will regardless what Peterman's status is. 

10 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

The only QB is NFL history to ever throw 5 INT in a half. I'm underselling him. 

Go ahead and tell me about how the biggest flash in a pan, miracle of a QB selected in the 6th round compares to Peterman though. 

Yeah you're right nobody ever improves our gets better they just stay in the same place they were all the time. What was I thinking. Like that turnover machine Peyton Manning's first year.

17 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Yeah you're right nobody ever improves our gets better they just stay in the same place they were all the time. What was I thinking. Like that turnover machine Peyton Manning's first year.

Peyton Manning did not throw 5 ints in one half of football. Only one guy in the history of football has done that and it's not Peyton.

Edited by reddogblitz

I don't study these guys in college, so I certainly don't know.   However, I have a couple of reactions to this discussion:

1.  Gunner at least speaks with authority and conviction.   I tend to believe him. 

2.  Gunner says he'll never be an NFL starter. 

3.  He was drafted in the fifth round, which means NFL GMs thought there was a high probability that Gunner is right. 

4.  Peterman didn't do anything in 2017 to suggest that Gunner is wrong. 

5.  Major physical changes in athletic moves, like changes to make Peterman a stronger thrower, are difficult to make.   It's like a baseball player changing his swing.   He can practice all he wants during the off-season, but when the bullets start flying, most athletes revert to habits that have been formed over many years.   So I don't put much stock in reports of off-season transformations.   

6.  Bills likely will draft a good rookie QB.   He will start, or McCarron will, and the loser of the battle will be the backup.  Peterman won't get many reps and, depending on how the Bills want to manage the roster, my find himself out of a job.  I think he's practice squad eligibile, but whether he is or not, he just doesn't seem to have a future in Buffalo.  

7.  HE could be one of those journeymen who bounces around the league for several years without playing much. 

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Peyton Manning did not throw 5 ints in one half of football. Only one guy in the history of football has done that.

You're missing the point. Manning threw 28 ints in his rookie year. So by your measure, you would have given up on him and he never would have gotten any better. One game or one season does not a player make.

• Like (+1) 3