Peterman Works w/ Tom House, Adds Velocity

Just now, Sky Diver said:

At this point, where he was picked is completely irrelevant.

Once you were with a company did anyone ever ask you where you went to college or what your GPA was?

You missed the point of my post with respect to my response to Gunner. It dealt with his talent level relative to when he was selected. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Most teams do not. 

Players are constantly moving from the practice squad to the active squad when need be. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You missed the point of my post with respect to my response to Gunner. It dealt with his talent level relative to when he was selected. 

Players are constantly moving from the practice squad to the active squad when need be. 

That doesn't not refute the fact that most NFL teams these days only carry 2 QBs on the 53 man roster. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That doesn't not refute the fact that most NFL teams these days only carry 2 QBs on the 53 man roster. 

i get the feeling that we will carry 3 on the 53.  i believe a.j. is the defacto starter due to the contract.

i said this earlier, that if they draft any one not named rosen,  then i can't see one of these rookies taking the no.2 job in camp.

they can't put either nate or the rookie on the p.s....so they will have to carry 3.

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i get the feeling that we will carry 3 on the 53.  i believe a.j. is the defacto starter due to the contract.

i said this earlier, that if they draft any one not named rosen,  then i can't see one of these rookies taking the no.2 job in camp.

they can't put either nate or the rookie on the p.s....so they will have to carry 3.

AJM is making backup QB money and he's only guaranteed the opportunity to compete for the starting job.  You are incorrect on Peterman with regard to practice squad eligibility. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

At times you can be utterly ridiculous. 

Give me a break. Just admit you are incorrect and move on. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Give me a break. Just admit you are incorrect and move on. 

Your need to always prove that you are right is tiresome. It's a neurotic compulsion. Don't bother responding. 

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

He whines from time to time but overall is a good guy.  It wasn't even anything to get upset about as I simply pointed what was factual. 

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You are incorrect on Peterman with regard to practice squad eligibility. 

i didn't mean it that way. i don't think any rookie can take the no.2 job in a few short weeks and we can't risk putting nate on the p.s.  

again, not counting rosen and possibly mayfield as far as the no.2 spot. no matter what i don't think they should or want to start a rookie.

Edited by billsredneck1

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i didn't mean it that way. i don't think any rookie can take the no.2 job in a few short weeks and we can't risk putting nate on the p.s.  

again, not counting rosen and possibly mayfield as far as the no.2 spot. no matter what i don't think they should or want to start a rookie.

Presuming that the Bills draft a QB in the 1st round there will be a chance that he starts.  5th round QBs are released on a regular basis in the NFL so I'm not sure why you think there is some kind of big risk associated with Peterman. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Presuming that the Bills draft a QB in the 1st round there will be a chance that he starts.  5th round QBs are released on a regular basis in the NFL so I'm not sure why you think there is some kind of big risk associated with Peterman. 

I agree. If they take a 1st round QB he wold have to really suck in camp and pre-season to start the season as the #3.  Therefore one of AJ McCarron or Peterman will.  

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I don't want to be a tool, because I'm not personally espousing "Peterman sucks", but help me understand why can't we risk putting Nate on the PS exactly?

Do you really see the league as clamoring to snap him up off waivers if we do?

Again, I have personally not written Peterman off, I hear he's got a good head for the game and if he tunes out the noise and keeps working, he could be a capable NFL QB so I'm not trying to be a "meanie" here, but I wouldn't think that teams around the league would be clamoring to snap up a guy who set a league record for # of picks in the first half of a game.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It would.  

Great. I will ask Shaw and if he says OK we are on!

I just have to hope Peterman isn't a late camp cut next year because then he could technically be out of football on opening day if nobody picked him up fast enough. Oh, it is Bills opening day ok? To keep it firm because they have the whole Thursday night thing early start etc. So  it is Bills opening day, wheather he is on the Bills or another team, whatever day the Bills season opens will be the day ok?

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I’m not sure of the risk? If you are that concerned with losing Peterman you need to consider available options. Would you rather have Peterman or Cutler, Anderson, or Matt Moore? Those guys are all free agents. Every one of those guys represents a significant upgrade over Peterman. He’s 50/50 to be on the roster at this point. It all depends on how they feel about the depth elsewhere. They could carry an extra DB or WR that can contribute on ST over a 3rd QB. Less than half of the teams in the league carry 3 QBs. 

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you include the practice squad teams often have three qbs on the roster. 

John, please ....you have to acknowledge that "the practice squad" and "the roster" are different terms with different meanings.  Come on.

Or, I guess you don't have to acknowledge it, but failing to acknowledge it makes you look silly.

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree. If they take a 1st round QB he wold have to really suck in camp and pre-season to start the season as the #3.  Therefore one of AJ McCarron or Peterman will.  

well it does make me wonder. if mcbeane says "you have to get a franchise guy"...knowing he had the ammo to go to the top of the draft....why would they scoop up a.j.?  why wouldn't they just wait until after the draft or june 1st and sign a vet for a vet min. 1 yr./ 1 mil. deal?

i'm hearing trade rumors...or possibility of trade rumors, but i'm not gonna hold my breath that these guys are hell bent on getting one of the top 4. i would not at all be surprised if they stand pat and even possibly take a qb 22 or later.

Edited by billsredneck1

Just now, BadLandsMeanie said:

Great. I will ask Shaw and if he says OK we are on!

I just have to hope Peterman isn't a late camp cut next year because then he could technically be out of football on opening day if nobody picked him up fast enough. Oh, it is Bills opening day ok? To keep it firm because they have the whole Thursday night thing early start etc. So  it is Bills opening day, wheather he is on the Bills or another team, whatever day the Bills season opens will be the day ok?

Yep.  Bills opening day 2019. He doesn't have to be active on gameday.... him being on a 53 is your win, but him being on a Practice Squad is my win.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't want to be a tool, because I'm not personally espousing "Peterman sucks", but help me understand why can't we risk putting Nate on the PS exactly?

Do you really see the league as clamoring to snap him up off waivers if we do?

i said this because i for one do not want darnold or allen...or rudolph etc. having to come in due to injury any time after the first snap on opening day. not only do i not want to lose the season ,but for the rookie's sake.

i think rosen or mayfield could handle it, but they are the only 2.