Peterman Works w/ Tom House, Adds Velocity

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Nathan-Peterman-Exciting-To-Learn/857fc723-1a5f-4134-bb88-1856f1bc6943

6'55 and then again later near the end

Peterman worked this offseason with Tom House to add velocity and get better. He was asked if he'd added velocity, he said "Yup, absolutely, that's what it was all about Also keeping your accuracy, 'cause accuracy I think is the most important thing. So being accurate while also being able to zip the ball right in there was critical."

That ought to be interesting to watch.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't very accurate either.  He sucks.  2018 will be his last year in the NFL.  

No particular reason to think so, Bill. He was pretty accurate right out of college.

Not that improving his velocity automatically means he's there now. But he's got a shot at being around for a while.

• Like (+1) 9

This is what I was waiting to hear. Will watch this later to see what he had to say. Thanks for posting @Thurman#1

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

The last time someone did some BS off-season learn how to play QB program, they came back worse. 

So your saying g you would have rather he saI'd he sat on the couch at home?

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

The last time someone did some BS off-season learn how to play QB program, they came back worse. 

Whatever else you want to say, this isn't a BS program. House is Brady's QB coach. Has also worked with Brees, Carson Palmer and Matt Ryan.

And speaking of Ryans, he's worked with Noley as well. Nolan credited House in his Hall of Fame induction speech.

House is very much for real. Doesn't prove anything about how much Peterman might improve, but who knows, maybe. A lack of zip has been a major problem for him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

No particular reason to think so, Bill. He was pretty accurate right out of college.

Not that improving his velocity automatically means he's there now. But he's got a shot at being around for a while.

I don't think he was accurate in college. His college film is filled with horrible inaccuracy.  To me he is a classic case of getting the accuracy badge because he doesn't have a big arm.  It is the classic cliche used to describe QBs with less than ideal arm strength "smart and accurate."  My personal view on his college tape was the arm strength wasn't quite as bad as reported and the accuracy was nowhere near as good as reported.  He played in a gimmicky college offense and you had talking head draft media calling him "pro-ready".  I mean I know it is a thing on here at the moment to say nobody on this forum knows as much as guys who do this working for the networks but the draft media were way off base on Nathan Peterman.  His college tape was horrible from the perspective of a pro-evaluation.  All the "smart, accurate and pro-ready" stuff was just cliched rubbish from people who hadn't put the work in.  He was borderline undraftable.  The way he played in the league was absolutely zero surprise to me.  

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think he was accurate in college. His college film is filled with horrible inaccuracy.  (....) My personal view on his college tape was the arm strength wasn't quite as bad as reported and the accuracy was nowhere near as good as reported.  He played in a gimmicky college offense and you had talking head draft media calling him "pro-ready".  I mean I know it is a thing on here at the moment to say nobody on this forum knows as much as guys who do this working for the networks but the draft media were way off base on Nathan Peterman

I thought Lance Zierlein's profile of him on nfl.com was quite accurate:

"Weaknesses

Inconsistent delivery base causes some throws to sail. Has instances where he short strides and is forced to muscle it to his target. Will float some throws on seams and dig routes. Will have to be mindful to drive the ball on pro level to avoid the ballhawks who are lurking at safety. Has to prove he has enough arm to challenge the same tight windows he did in college. Ball handling a little sluggish in wide receiver screens, hitches and most RPOs (run, pass option). Wants to play hero-ball at times. Needs to learn when to air-mail throw and move to next play rather than trying to get too cute with sideline throws. Can improve overall touch. "

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought Lance Zierlein's profile of him on nfl.com was quite accurate:

"Weaknesses

Inconsistent delivery base causes some throws to sail. Has instances where he short strides and is forced to muscle it to his target. Will float some throws on seams and dig routes. Will have to be mindful to drive the ball on pro level to avoid the ballhawks who are lurking at safety. Has to prove he has enough arm to challenge the same tight windows he did in college. Ball handling a little sluggish in wide receiver screens, hitches and most RPOs (run, pass option). Wants to play hero-ball at times. Needs to learn when to air-mail throw and move to next play rather than trying to get too cute with sideline throws. Can improve overall touch. "

It still includes this line "Strong natural accuracy. "  Which just does not accord with what I saw.