Aaron Rodgers 'You've got to trust the process'

TSNBDSC

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The 76ers disagree.

The 76ers had the worst losing season span in all the major leagues' history. While teams not intentionally tanking for about 5 years straight did fine drafting well and having good coaches.. Bucks, Celtics, Jazz. I hope whoever coined "the process" (was it Beane or us?) isn't thinking 76ers process.

Aaron Rodgers rubs people the wrong way and I've heard his teammates don't like him. He has attitude concerns and he has interests outside of football. Plus he's from California so he can't play in cold weather. He's also injury prone, he was out all last season! Definite bust, I don't want him on my team

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Aaron Rodgers rubs people the wrong way and I've heard his teammates don't like him. He has attitude concerns and he has interests outside of football. Plus he's from California so he can't play in cold weather. He's also injury prone, he was out all last season! Definite bust, I don't want him on my team

Yeah.  He should pry set behind a veteran future pro bowl QB for three years as he's still somewhat of a project.

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does anyone know if the 76ers had it first?  Haven’t seen anyone bring that up yet.

I dont know if the 6ers are the very first but yes, the phrase was popularized by them.

The thing is McDermott's line was "Respect the Process". But everybody says it as Trust the Process like the 6ers do.

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

The 76ers had the worst losing season span in all the major leagues' history. While teams not intentionally tanking for about 5 years straight did fine drafting well and having good coaches.. Bucks, Celtics, Jazz. I hope whoever coined "the process" (was it Beane or us?) isn't thinking 76ers process.

I wouldn’t say the Bucks have done fine, out side of Giannis there coaching, roster construction has been pretty bad

but as a sixers fan I think McD does have a different meaning behind the process then sam hinkie did, McD uses it more as the preparation and hard work that goes into winning as where Hinkie used it as what goes into being as bad as possible to get capital to find franchise players as well as a couple role players. The hinkie way is almost impossible to do in the NFL as in the NBA you really just need one franchise player

4 hours ago, TSNBDSC said:

Yes and he is also very clearly unhappy about his QB coach being replaced without his input which will hurt when the renegotiate that contract.

It does not mean organization should have done what he wanted but consulted with him in private about it.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  He should pry set behind a veteran future pro bowl QB for three years as he's still somewhat of a project.

He's still aloof as he was when he got drafted. And favre did his darndest to undermine Rodgers at every turn. Not really the best situation for a project QB. Not to mention Rodgers still has the exact same weird throwing motion he came into the NFL with.

18 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He's still aloof as he was when he got drafted. And favre did his darndest to undermine Rodgers at every turn. Not really the best situation for a project QB. Not to mention Rodgers still has the exact same weird throwing motion he came into the NFL with.

I'll take an aloof Josh Rosen if he turns out like Aaron Rodgers.

7 hours ago, WMDman said:

I wouldn’t say the Bucks have done fine, out side of Giannis there coaching, roster construction has been pretty bad

but as a sixers fan I think McD does have a different meaning behind the process then sam hinkie did, McD uses it more as the preparation and hard work that goes into winning as where Hinkie used it as what goes into being as bad as possible to get capital to find franchise players as well as a couple role players. The hinkie way is almost impossible to do in the NFL as in the NBA you really just need one franchise player

Is hinkie still GM? Idc how good they are now, that tanking is embarrassing.. 1 or 2 seasons is okay. I'd fire him in a hot minute

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Is hinkie still GM? Idc how good they are now, that tanking is embarrassing.. 1 or 2 seasons is okay. I'd fire him in a hot minute

Nah, the league made him resign, Its Bryan Colangelo and hes been aight