NEW Bills Stadium question

4 minutes ago, bills in oregon said:

I don’t live in Buffalo but I’m curious would you want a dome, open air or a retractable roof.  I personally would like to see the bills get a new stadium and possibly retractable roof definitely leave it open when the warm weather teams come to town .

I am not expecting NYS to do much of anything in regards to a new stadium so the more expensive options such as retractable roof are not going to happen.  I am thinking it will be a dome to get expanded use such as that will be.

Whatever Pegula and his fracking empire are willing to pay 100% for, I don't care. Then I can walk away from the certain PSL attached to me ST and be happy. But hitting me up as  taxpayer and then as a ST for a PSL is horse bleep. I'd give my season willingly either way on a dome. 

And a dome isn't getting used in Bflo, NY for "other" things. Anyone who can sell out an NFL stadium doesn't come to Bflo. Hell most who try can't even sell out the arena. 

• Like (+1) 1

Retractable roof would be my choice. 

I have read talk of the possibility of a new stadium doubling as a convention center for Buffalo (since a new one is needed anyway), which would make a lot of sense. 

If it a  avenue that can be used for much more than just football, that helps make the tax payer money that will be used more palatable. 

But i I do think the cold, snowy, windy Buffalo weather can also be used to our advantage (especially with McDermott following Belichick's lead and making his team practice out in the elements here).

So a retractable roof would be the best of both worlds IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Whatever Pegula and his fracking empire are willing to pay 100% for, I don't care. Then I can walk away from the certain PSL attached to me ST and be happy. But hitting me up as  taxpayer and then as a ST for a PSL is horse bleep. I'd give my season willingly either way on a dome. 

And a dome isn't getting used in Bflo, NY for "other" things. Anyone who can sell out an NFL stadium doesn't come to Bflo. Hell most who try can't even sell out the arena. 

Huh?

Retractable roof is ideal just so you can have open air games when the weather is still nice in Sept and October, but I agree that it would likely push the cost to be too great and it'll end up being a dome, which is fine.  I just don't want a new open air stadium, at very least it should be a dome.

Please. Is this a joke. 

Buffalo can’t afford a new stadium. Their economy has been stagnant for 40 years. The local politicians are too selfish and dumb to understand the trickle affects of building a new stadium, they will refuse any public money be given. 

Pegs will use this as his excuse to Initiate talks for moving the team to a more “sustainable” city with a “bright” future. 

Buffalo is not that. Complete opposite amof. 

Please.  New stadium on buffalo. Hahaha. 

4 minutes ago, essential said:

Retractable roof is ideal just so you can have open air games when the weather is still nice in Sept and October, but I agree that it would likely push the cost to be too great and it'll end up being a dome, which is fine.  I just don't want a new open air stadium, at very least it should be a dome.

I'm not positive but I think most retractable roof stadiums are in warm weather areas.  I think the roof is typically closed to escape the heat.  Could be wrong.

Problem is. I don’t think the retractable dimes can really open in the times that we would want them open. If your asking for it to be open in December when the Dolphins come here. It most likely won’t happen. Back when they played in Toronto I remember them saying they couldn’t open the dome there after it reaches certain temperatures because of failures opening or closing or leaks being created. So the retractable is a waste then.  Might as well just be a dome and leave it at that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, zonabb said:

It all depends the amount in each bucket. To simply say both can’t be used is silly 

Dome.  

The former Civic Arena in Pittsburgh had a retractable roof.  It was used like 3 times (should have been used more, IMO).  

At any rate, a Dome is great.  Can be used for other things (Niagara Region Final 4, indoor monster truck things, concert, etc.)    

35 minutes ago, zonabb said:

I do LOVE this post