Nick Foles Would Love the Opportunity to Start Again

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You know nothing about Foles if you believe that.

He will be losing out on a ton of money, his value is at its highest point right now. All it will take is a starting WR and a few O-lineman lost to injury and Foles will be back where he started.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He will be losing out on a ton of money, his value is at its highest point right now. All it will take is a starting WR and a few O-lineman lost to injury and Foles will be back where he started.

He can be a UFA in 2019. 

If they ever gave up anything of value, I’d lose my mind (even more).  He has less than 16 games of quality football in his career. Of course, that would be a Bill type move.  Miss out on a franchise qb, overpay for Foles. Ugh, I’m already getting ?.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

If they ever gave up anything of value, I’d lose my mind (even more).  He has less than 16 games of quality football in his career. Of course, that would be a Bill type move.  Miss out on a franchise qb, overpay for Foles. Ugh, I’m already getting ?.

Not the kind of deal Beane would make based on what he says about value. 

On 4/18/2018 at 1:54 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

The Bills by themselves had two worse superbowls and only gave up three points less in another. What the hell are you talking about? Worst performance by a defense. You're flat out wrong... 52 points?

whatever.   the only play philly. made was the strip sack in the 4th.   great play by Graham.   

Other than that it was an embarrassment--literally zero forced punts and over 600 yards given up.   Burned all day long.   I agree with Clayton, worst all-time defensive showing on the big stage. 

Worst all-time defensive performance is debatable, but it wasn't a good showing by the defense.  Foles won that game and deserved the MVP.  I'd still take him and flip the Eagles the 22nd overall rather than package the 2-1st rounders, maybe more, and move up to take a guy who hasn't even shown he can win a game, much less a SB.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Worst all-time defensive performance is debatable, but it wasn't a good showing by the defense.  Foles won that game and deserved the MVP.  I'd still take him and flip the Eagles the 22nd overall rather than package the 2-1st rounders, maybe more, and move up to take a guy who hasn't even shown he can win a game, much less a SB.

I guess with Foles he has proven he can win the Super Bowl with a superior O-Line, TE and WR. If The Bean thinks he can get us to the talent level of the Eagles than I guess I could deal with trading the 22nd pick for Foles. If QB's go off the board with the 1st 3 picks I would be very interested in Foles at 22.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I wouldn’t hate it, but if the Bills were going to do this, wouldn’t they have done it back in March, before they signed McCarron?  Or is this a deal you do only if the QB you like doesn’t fall to 12?  

And I would definitely want the Bills to recoup a later round pick from the Eagles if they made this trade.

Just now, mannc said:

I wouldn’t hate it, but if the Bills were going to do this, wouldn’t they have done it back in March, before they signed McCarron?  Or is this a deal you do only if the QB you like doesn’t fall to 12?  

And I would definitely want the Bills to recoup a later round pick from the Eagles if they made this trade.

Foles will be with the Eagles to start the season.  The Eagles just re-did his contract as a reward for last season.  He could be a UFA for 2019 with both sides having an out. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Foles will be with the Eagles to start the season.  The Eagles just re-did his contract as a reward for last season.  He could be a UFA for 2019 with both sides having an out. 

I agree.  If the Eagles were going to trade Foles, they would have done it by now.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Been saying all along he's inexpensive insurance for Wentz coming of the knee injury. 

If Foles wins the first few games of the season (and looks good doing it) things might get interesting there...

42 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I guess with Foles he has proven he can win the Super Bowl with a superior O-Line, TE and WR. If The Bean thinks he can get us to the talent level of the Eagles than I guess I could deal with trading the 22nd pick for Foles. If QB's go off the board with the 1st 3 picks I would be very interested in Foles at 22.

They had backup quality players at LT and LG and at WR, neither Jeffery nor Agoholor cracked 800 yards receiving for the year.  But not trading away a ton of picks means the Bills can build up these areas in the draft. 

29 minutes ago, mannc said:

McCarron didn't cost them a draft pick and is making $5M/year.  That's nothing and doesn't prevent them from anything WRT the QB position.

24 minutes ago, mannc said:

I agree.  If the Eagles were going to trade Foles, they would have done it by now.

Why?  What's the rush to trade him before the first round of the draft gets underway?  There is none. 

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

They had backup quality players at LT and LG and at WR, neither Jeffery nor Agoholor cracked 800 yards receiving for the year.  But not trading away a ton of picks means the Bills can build up these areas in the draft. 

McCarron didn't cost them a draft pick and is making $5M/year.  That's nothing and doesn't prevent them from anything WRT the QB position.

Why?  What's the rush to trade him before the first round of the draft gets underway?  There is none. 

I would think the market for Foles would have been highest at the beginning of free agency.  

Joe Banner on Nick Foles’ new deal: Nice gesture but changes nothing long term
Former Eagles president Joe Banner said the new dealNick Foles got last week was a recognition of what the quarterback did for the team last season. But in reality, the contract changes nothing long term.

Foles still is expected to become a free agent in 2019, and the Eagles still have until the trade deadline in October to get something for him. Only an injury to Carson Wentz likely changes anything for Foles and the Eagles’ relationship beyond this season.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think Beene considers him an option.  And just that, an option.  I believe he also thinks the Eagles are asking a lot more then he's willing to spend to get him.  I think Beene is willing to play chicken with the Eagles to see if there is a price drop.  If the Eagles blink first, Beene nabs Foles for a bargain that will have us saying "whoa".  If they don't blink first, Beene is content to think "oh well" and move on.

I have a hunch there is groundwork in place for a possible trade, but Beene wants to see how the start of the draft shakes loose first.  He has no idea what the final price tag will be for a trade up to a higher pick and doesn't want to trade away any picks to the Eagles that he'd then wish he had back.  If Beene is able to secure the QB he truly wants, great.  That will be the end of the Foles talks.  If he can't, and he has to settle for a QB he's less sure of, he'll likely still have the draft capital to both nab a different QB in the draft and trade for Foles, giving him a little insurance.  If the latter happens, Foles starts, the rookie rides the pine and learns, and we watch Peterman and AJ battle it out.  Winner gets the backup spot, loser's gone.