Greg Cosell: Josh Rosen >Jared Goff, and best QB in the draft

21 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's got to play a role in it.

I think they go Mayfield.

I think your right.  Every one of those traits Beane stated he wants in a QB  Mayfield has plenty of. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, OJABBA said:

I had been hoping that the Bill would trade up to get Rosen (I assume Darnold will go first. Darnold would be my first choice). However, here in LA on the Petros &Money Show, they (and guys on their staff) have been very down on Rosen. They have been pretty spot on in the past when they criticized previous local college guys. They set out warnings on Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart, had pretty good assessments of guys like Sanchez, Barkley, Kessler, and others. I think they have good local sources.

They consider him a very talented player, but very selfish and difficult. He apparently had originally been keen to become a tennis pro, but an arm/shoulder injury nixed that. They feel his mentality is more suited to an individual sport than a team sport. They also alluded to hearing lots of negative things about him from people around the team. Rosen is not well liked.

Another big concern is his concussions, and that he might be fragile.

I haven't heard them rip into Darnold at all.

I put more weight in their opinions on LA college players, than any of the national media guys.

I suppose I would be happy enough if they selected Rosen at 12, but not happy if they trade away a bunch of picks to select him higher.

Glad you took the time to post this.  In a sport such as football it is nearly impossible to hide things such as personal traits.  The fact that the show has called many previous LA area football talent accurately means that they are for the most part not agenda driven.  Probably won't matter to the Rosen people here as they most likely have already done the mental gymnastics to pooh pooh what you said.  It's definitely not certain that Rosen will fail to succeed in the NFL but he has a number of obstacles to overcome including some personal ones.  Maturity can come but I have seen people be petty and selfish through some very long lives.  If a team wins players will tend to deal with somebody such as Rosen but if losing comes early a team may never develop the chemistry to win.  We are a team that has not won consistently over the past several years.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Glad you took the time to post this.  In a sport such as football it is nearly impossible to hide things such as personal traits.  The fact that the show has called many previous LA area football talent accurately means that they are for the most part not agenda driven.  Probably won't matter to the Rosen people here as they most likely have already done the mental gymnastics to pooh pooh what you said.  It's definitely not certain that Rosen will fail to succeed in the NFL but he has a number of obstacles to overcome including some personal ones.  Maturity can come but I have seen people be petty and selfish through some very long lives.  If a team wins players will tend to deal with somebody such as Rosen but if losing comes early a team may never develop the chemistry to win.  We are a team that has not won consistently over the past several years.

I don't really expect to change anyone's mind here, just kind of going "on the record".

They certainly don't write him off completely, but do make it clear that there are lots of red flags. His concussions, injuries, and selfishness make them question whether he will have a long career.