RIP Harry Anderson

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Phone rings:

"Cheers...is there an Ernie Pantuso here?"

"That's you, Coach."

"Speaking."

Definitely in my top 5 all time sitcom dialogue exchanges.

"Albania...Albania...you border on...the...Adriatic."

And I still can't hear about an athlete injuring their groin without thinking "A g-g-groin...injury."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Sorry, but I'm calling FAKE NEWS on this one.

"In 1982, between 50 and 75 actors tested for the role of Coach--one of them Sid Caesar, the veteran TV clown--but Charles said, ``Nick was our first choice from the very first time we saw him.``

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-02-19/features/8501100295_1_character-nicholas-colasanto-glen-charles

The movie was Porky's 2 or 3, it seemed a better payday than Cheers

Producers of TV shows lie constantly after the fact about their choices, trying not to make it seem one of the 100 greatest flukes of history.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

"Albania...Albania...you border on...the...Adriatic."

And I still can't hear about an athlete injuring their groin without thinking "A g-g-groin...injury."

I sing that every single time I see the word Albania or anything that sounds anything like it. 

Night Court was one of the most underrated comedies of all time.  Tremendous cast with so many famous "visitors".

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Sorry, but I'm calling FAKE NEWS on this one.

"In 1982, between 50 and 75 actors tested for the role of Coach--one of them Sid Caesar, the veteran TV clown--but Charles said, ``Nick was our first choice from the very first time we saw him.``

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-02-19/features/8501100295_1_character-nicholas-colasanto-glen-charles

I though t he was refering to taking over the role after he died in real life? When Woody Harrelson took over

I remember being a young kid growing up and watching night court when i was allowed to stay up late. I remember him being big into magic. One of the bios I read yesterday about him talked about him opening up a magic shop in the french quarter of NO along with a speak easy after he stopped acting full time

Edited by apuszczalowski