RIP Harry Anderson

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

RIP. I liked him on Cheers too.

RIP. He was great there too, on one of the better shows of all time. That was taco and Cheers night at our house. Good times. 

Prayers to his family and loved ones. 

11 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Sorry to hear he has died, but I never liked him as an actor/personality.  Never got into Night Court either.

Well, we're all glad you took the time to post that!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Harry 'the Hat' was used very well in that series.  Enjoyed how he helped Sam and the gang finally best Gary's Olde Towne Tavern.

At the risk of going off topic (apologies to the OP), I still believe "Cheers," is the best sitcom, ever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

At the risk of going off topic (apologies to the OP), I still believe "Cheers," is the best sitcom, ever.

hasn't aged all that well for watching in 2018.....  the Lilith/Frasier angle was one of the best storylines in sitcom history, easily

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Phone rings:

"Cheers...is there an Ernie Pantuso here?"

"That's you, Coach."

"Speaking."

Definitely in my top 5 all time sitcom dialogue exchanges.

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Phone rings:

"Cheers...is there an Ernie Pantuso here?"

"That's you, Coach."

"Speaking."

Definitely in my top 5 all time sitcom dialogue exchanges.

somebody famous's father was supposed to get the Coach role but took on a loser of a movie instead, so basically Woody Harrelson wouldn't have had a career without that decision.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

somebody famous's father was supposed to get the Coach role but took on a loser of a movie instead, so basically Woody Harrelson wouldn't have had a career without that decision.

Care to substantiate?  Or are you just working up draft day prediction skills?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Sorry, but I'm calling FAKE NEWS on this one.

"In 1982, between 50 and 75 actors tested for the role of Coach--one of them Sid Caesar, the veteran TV clown--but Charles said, ``Nick was our first choice from the very first time we saw him.``

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-02-19/features/8501100295_1_character-nicholas-colasanto-glen-charles