A Different Josh Allen Perspective For People Who Actually Care About Reality

9 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

7s7dGGh.jpg

No reason to go on a crusade for your guy. Its out of our hands. We will all be forced to pallet whomever 

Ahh meme guy.  Glad to have you.  Also how is saying that a guy who most analysts have as the #2 or 3 QB, is my #2 or 3 QB, a “crusade?”  Sounds like anyone who doesn’t think Josh Allen will definitely be a bust is on a crusade.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Nice write up, thank you.  I’d much rather have Darnold Rosen or mayfield but if he’s the guy, I’ll be rooting him on while praying that we surround him with the right pieces and offensive gameplan 

5 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Yes dude!  Tanner Gentry was INSANE in 2016!  Jacob Hollister was playing in the Super Bowl for the Patriots.  Chase Roullier was the starting center for the Redskins by year’s end.  And Brian Hill was playing on MNF for the Bengals.  All gone.  That 2016 team is one of my favorite sports teams ever.

There is a nagging thought in my mind that perhaps Gentry played kingmaker for Allen just a little. Shades of Mike Evans and Johnny Manziel at A&M, perhaps not quite as pronounced.

I don't wish ill on the guy, he seems to be a genuinely good human being. I'm just not convinced that many of these "all the tools" guys have actually put it together. He's mid-stage Humpty Dumpty, all the pieces are there but you've got a hell of a job putting them back together again.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nice write up, thank you.  I’d much rather have Darnold Rosen or mayfield but if he’s the guy, I’ll be rooting him on while praying that we surround him with the right pieces and offensive gameplan 

I agree completely.  I do respect your argument on behalf on Allen.  Your thoughts are well organized and a pleasure to read.

• Like (+1) 1

Nice write-up. In 2017, Wyoming RBs only accounted for 11 receptions ALL YEAR (barely 1 per game).  If you watched Wyoming, they hardly threw any lay-up dink or dunk throws such as screens or RB flares.  A dink and dunk throw in that offense was a 10 yard out pattern.  Allen certainly had his share of ugly misses, but I am certain you can find those with every QB.  His misses are magnified and over analyzed because of his completion %.  As Chris Simms stated, with the offensive he had in 2017, it's amazing he even had 56%.   Craig Bohl even admitted they didn't have the proper QB coaching at Wyoming to help him with his mechanics.  Look how far he has come in three months under Jordan Palmer, and with the right coaching in the NFL, I think he will be very successful. 

• Like (+1) 1

Many thanks - as others have said good read - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Biff form Tononwanda reference.....More Biff please - in a good way!

That said - I am with you - not my #1 guy but I really do believe that Beane and McD have a plan - hopefully they are able to execute that plan and they do indeed land the right guy.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Ahh meme guy.  Glad to have you.  Also how is saying that a guy who most analysts have as the #2 or 3 QB, is my #2 or 3 QB, a “crusade?”  Sounds like anyone who doesn’t think Josh Allen will definitely be a bust is on a crusade.

Seriously. 

Who cares what anyone thinks. We all have a favorite and in the end we will all be forced fed the pick. So rants trying to convince other fans why your choice is superior is by definition a crusade 

• Sad 1

His highlight stuff is amazing! All-time amazing!

His lowlights make you wonder how that can be the same guy. As I posted elsewhere, Greg Cosell said recently Allen demonstrates the difference between “arm strength” and “arm talent” (Yes, arm talent IS a real thing.) 

Your home-cooked report represents what's best of fan message boards -- a respectful and informed opinion on a matter of interest to the rest of us.

I don't follow each day's rising and setting tides concerning these QB's, but I follow enough to know that a.) everyone agrees Allen has the biggest arm, and b.) Allen had the best Wonderlic, by a significant margin, over any of those who regularly get mentioned as first-rounders.

Biggest arm and biggest brain amongst the blue-chip QB's, with no character problems and a real desire for success.  If that's what the Buffalo Bills manage to pick in the first round, I will be glad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

(Yes, arm talent IS a real thing.) 

It might be a thing but it's a fairly nebulous term. If we could get a dictionary definition for it, I'd be delighted.

For example - I grade arm on intermediate velocity, deep ball velocity and application of touch. I put the motion forward that Blokes has set the parameters for all future discussion of "arm talent".

Just now, Augie said:

His highlight stuff is amazing! All-time amazing!

His lowlights make you wonder how that can be the same guy. As I posted elsewhere, Greg Cosell said recently Allen demonstrates the difference between “arm strength” and “arm talent” (Yes, arm talent IS a real thing.) 

Allen does have the best highlight reel of any QB in this draft IMO. He made some amazing throws/plays. 

and his low lights are a bit terrifying. lol 

2 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

It might be a thing but it's a fairly nebulous term. If we could get a dictionary definition for it, I'd be delighted.

For example - I grade arm on intermediate velocity, deep ball velocity and application of touch. I put the motion forward that Blokes has set the parameters for all future discussion of "arm talent".

Sure, it’s a vague term, but it includes (in my mind at least) some of the things you mentioned. Putting touch on the short pass, not one hopping the bubble screen, etc. Dropping the ball in on the long ball. Nebulous is fine, but it’s real stuff not easily qualified without a thesis. 

None of this matters because all of the scouts/GMs/football people who live eat and breathe this stuff 24 hours a day/7 days a weeks/365 days a year STILL cannot figure out how to properly evaluate QB prospects, meaning that you, a random internet poster, certainly can't know how to properly evaluate them.

However that also means that regardles of what you say about any of the prospects you are likely to be no more wrong or right than anyone else if you look at the overall class.

It also means that if you took out a coin and flipped it in the air every year when asked about QB prospects and their chances for NFL success you would likely be just as right or even MORE right than thees football people.  

This leads me to my point that none of this stuff matters because it obviously doesn't translate very well to the NFL and you are basically shooting craps by taking a QB because if there WAS a way to figure this stuff out, it would have been fiured out with all of the analytics people and football personnel departments who could benefit from this.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1