*IF* we don't get a Quarterback in the first round then what do YOU want?

15 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

If there is no way Beane can pull off a move to get us in a position to draft a Quarterback in Round 1, then what do you want to see us target in Round 1 next?  I think if we can land Roquan Smith it would be a very good consolation prize to not bringing in a marquee QB.  I'm sure McDermott would love to get his hands on a stub LB that can be the quarterback of the defense for years to come.  If we don't get either QB or Smith then I will feel kind of disappointed.

IMO, there will be 1 or 2 of the top four QBs available at #12, but whether the Bills like their choice(s) at that point is the big question.  If they don't, then I would like them to go BPA.  Keep in mind that if 4 QBs go in the top 11, then there will be some blue chippers available at #12, so the Bills can get one of those.  In 2011, with 3 QBs gone in the top 10,  the Texans scooped up JJ Watt at #11 while the Jags wasted #10 on Blaine Gabbert and the Vikes spent #12 on Christian Ponder.

15 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I want to die

RIP.  Where do I send the flowers?

If no QB in the 1st, I'd build the offensive line in the 1st round with both picks. Get a top guard and a tackle. I'd look at WR, RB and LB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ( best available from one of those spots ) unless a QB like Mason Rudolph is available. 

6 hours ago, rodneykm said:

If no QB in the 1st, I'd build the offensive line in the 1st round with both picks. Get a top guard and a tackle. I'd look at WR, RB and LB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ( best available from one of those spots ) unless a QB like Mason Rudolph is available. 

While I agree we need to build the offensive line I would be disappointed if we stayed at 12 and 22 and used both picks for the offensive line.  If we are not spending picks to trade up then we can use some later round picks to bring in solid lineman.  At 12 we should really be hoping to get our hands on a difference maker like Roquan Smith.  Then I would go after best available defensive tackle at 22.

So if they Bills don't trade up because they don't want to or can't find a partner, then I'd hope for something entertaining like this:

#12 Roquon Smith

#22 No Pick

Trade down with Jacksonsville  (rumor is they want Jackson to spark their offense and can jump ahead of NE, NO, and PIT) - Bills get #29, #93, #203.

#29 Will Hernandez

#32 Jaire Alexander

Trade up with Philly - Philly gets #56 and #65.

Get 3 1st rounders with the 5th year options.  You lose a late 2nd and early 3rd, but pick up a late 3rd and 6th. 

If no QB at all:

12 - Roquan Smith (lb)

22 - trade down for a 3rd and 2019 1st

53 - Sony Michel (rb)

56 - Frank Ragnow (c/og)

65 - Christian Kirk (wr)

new 3rd - D’Shawn Hand (dl)

96 - Darius Leonard (lb)

121 - Geron Christian (ot)

166 - Avonte Maddox (cb)

187 - Braxton Berrios (wr)

14 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

A new team.

If these guys f*ck this QB hunt up after bankrupting the roster of a half decades worth of the Bills "successful" early draft picks that the team accumulated it could snowball into a Sabresesque long-tank.

Hope begins at QB and without hope the other players will only sellout physically and mentally for the process for so long.......and we saw what it looked like when the team got demoralized in that 3 game stretch.   Putrid.

And contrary to the misguided dreams of many draftniks on here you don't win with inside LB's, guards and RB's leading the way.........which is where BPA will steer them in this draft otherwise.   It's a complementary player draft once you get past the QB's and a handful of other prospects.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/17/2018 at 7:05 AM, BillsPride12 said:

*IF* we don't get a Quarterback in the first round then what do YOU want?

Trade back for picks next year that could get us a good QB then, and do the same next year if we don't get one then. Keep that conveyor belt going till we get a franchise QB type.

Not with all the picks of course, but with enough to get us a lot of capital next year.

Aside from accomplishing that, defense and OL, please.