Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
whatdrought

Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

 

Cle is giving up the first pick. They’re getting the best picks. Three ones is a haul. 

 

 

You don't move a $1 bill for a whole bunch of nickles and dimes.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is starting my draft drinking 10 days early wrong? Cuz I’m not gonna make it otherwise.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Except the Browns are going to take Allen either way. They can either take the assets offered and get pick 2 or just take Allen at 1. The 2019 1st HAS to be the absolute last asset added. The scenario Hokie laid out makes a ton of sense.

 

 

They take Allen anyway, the Giants take Darnold, the Jets take Baker and we are left hoping the Broncos don't take Rosen, who we may not even want.  In my mind the 2019 1st is the difference between Darnold and over drafting Rudolph.  It's a necessary concession.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is starting my draft drinking 10 days early wrong? Cuz I’m not gonna make it otherwise.

 

My gf is due next Saturday and I have this feeling that I will have to choose between watching our child being born or the draft. I mean it is our second kid and I was there for the first one!  There is a tv in the room though. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aristocrat said:

 

My gf is due next Saturday and I have this feeling that I will have to choose between watching our child being born or the draft. I mean it is our second kid and I was there for the first one!  There is a tv in the room though. 

What service provider do you have when it comes to cell service? Verizon you get the NFL network for free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

 

My gf is due next Saturday and I have this feeling that I will have to choose between watching our child being born or the draft. I mean it is our second kid and I was there for the first one!  There is a tv in the room though. 

 

 

Congrats!

 

Mine is due in mid May, no early arrivals!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

They take Allen anyway, the Giants take Darnold, the Jets take Baker and we are left hoping the Broncos don't take Rosen, who we may not even want.  In my mind the 2019 1st is the difference between Darnold and over drafting Rudolph.  It's a necessary concession.

It’s not though. Why would the Browns just take Allen when they can trade down a spot and get him? They can turn around and trade 12 & 35 for 6 and get Chubb. They basically get the guys that they were taking at 1 & 4 and turn the 35th pick into the 22nd pick. It’s a no-brainer for Cleveland.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

They take Allen anyway, the Giants take Darnold, the Jets take Baker and we are left hoping the Broncos don't take Rosen, who we may not even want.  In my mind the 2019 1st is the difference between Darnold and over drafting Rudolph.  It's a necessary concession.

 

If we’re able to keep all the seconds and later picks i think we’re an 8 win team and perhaps better if those picks play well. A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

 

My gf is due next Saturday and I have this feeling that I will have to choose between watching our child being born or the draft. I mean it is our second kid and I was there for the first one!  There is a tv in the room though. 

Boy or girl?? Because you need to name the baby after our new qb. I’m sure your gf won’t mind. Sam works for either. There is always Rosie too. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Murica said:

What service provider do you have when it comes to cell service? Verizon you get the NFL network for free. 

 

At&t but she has Verizon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.39d4d08f23cda05d521d96335f14eb4f.png

 

If he got this right I'll LOL for days...:lol:

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Boy or girl?? Because you need to name the baby after our new qb. I’m sure she won’t OBD. Sam works for either. There is always Rosie too. 

 

We don’t the gender. I’ve thought about that for the middle name lol. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s not though. Why would the Browns just take Allen when they can trade down a apot and get him? They can turn around and trade 12 & 35 for 6 and get Chubb. They basically get the guys that they were taking at 1 & 4 and turn the 35th pick into the 22nd pick. It’s a no-brainer for Cleveland.

 

 

You are assume McBeane would be willing to pick at 1 then take the next 100 picks off.  I think if they do make the move to 1 they'll want to plug in as many pieces on offense as possible to build an infrastructure to allow a QB to succeed.  I agree with you, I'd rather have the premium pick, but I think it would be a deal breaker for Cleveland and I don't know our guys wouldn't value the depth of picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aristocrat said:

 

We don’t the gender. I’ve thought about that for the middle name lol. 

 

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

Congrats!

 

Mine is due in mid May, no early arrivals!

Congrats to you both!

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Check out @NFLDraftBites’s Tweet:

 

 

Who is Chad Forbes?

 

 

Image result for it's happening gif

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

You are assume McBeane would be willing to pick at 1 then take the next 100 picks off.  I think if they do make the move to 1 they'll want to plug in as many pieces on offense as possible to build an infrastructure to allow a QB to succeed.  I agree with you, I'd rather have the premium pick, but I think it would be a deal breaker for Cleveland and I don't know our guys wouldn't value the depth of picks.

No, he would pick again at 56 or 65. The Bills are not going to just throw in a top 10 pick (which it almost certainly will be). They learned a lesson from the Texans. They may include the 2nd next year but it is entirely possible that the Bills win 5 games or less. They will add an elite talent in a loaded draft in 2019. 

 

This regime is ALWAYS looking at the big picture. They won’t don’t something foolish like that. They will give Cleveland an offer that is an easy decision and they will take it or won’t (assuming the Giants are good). The scenario that Hokie pitched above has every team leaving with the guy that they would take without a trade. It leaves Cleveland and the Giants with significant assets as well.

 

The Giants and Browns absolutely can’t overplay their hands or they are going to end up with the same guy without the assets. It’s the same thing that the 49ers did to the Bears last year. They took what they could get so that the Bears could take Trubisky. If the Bears declined the 49ers were taking Thomas anyways. This is the point that we are missing. There is a good deal of leverage from the Bills too. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Unsubstantiated, but Carl Falk (Rochester radio) mentioned a text suggesting Pats are trying to move up for Rosen.

Rosen would be my choice. Best footwork and mechanics. Just a little worried about injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

 

Don't worry, Ben Allbright is here to stop the fun.

What makes him the know all? He could have very well laughed as a nervous tick for info being leaked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

 

Don't worry, Ben Allbright is here to stop the fun.

 

When my wife comes home from work and asks if I've been drinking and I've already had a half bottle of Pinot, I tend to laugh.  It's my tell.

Edited by stony
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stony said:

 

When my wife comes home from work and asks if I've been drinking and I've already had a half bottle of Pinot, I tend to laugh.  It's my tell.

 

 

Been there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

 

Don't worry, Ben Allbright is here to stop the fun.

 

Not saying the 3 way trade is happening, but the fact that his source would indicate anything about the Brown's draft strategy this close to the draft means his source probably knows nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...