Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Even if they are split between Darnold and Allen, it makes too much sense to sell the guy someone really wants at 1 vs selling the last guy left at 4.

Yea but the Beckham trade makes even more sense because the Browns need proven players. That team is really really young.

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was thinking that the Browns get 22 and the Giants get 53 and a 2019 4th.

Bills: 1st

Browns: 2, 12, 22 and 2019 2nd

Giants: 4, 53, 96 and 2019 4th

I speculated in the other thread that the teams would end up like this:

After the madness:

Bills: 1, 56, 96 - Total Value 123.97

Browns: 2, 12, 22, 33, 64, 69, Bills 2019 2nd - Total Value 265.81

Giants: 4, 34, 35, 53, 65, 66 - Total Value 190.87

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Do people think this means the Bills get Darnold?  Seems like it means Buffalo gets Allen and the Jets get Mayfield, and the Browns get Darnold and Barkley.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

But if we trade to the Browns for #1 they can't stop us taking Darnold. The rest of the trade can only happen after we get #1.

Thats my point.  We trade up to 1, the Giants can stop dreaming about Darnold and move back to 4 to get Barkley, who they know will be on the board, the Browns don't risk losing their guy to the Jets.

Basically the Browns and Bills tell the Giants "this deal is happening, it's up to you if you want to pick up some of the value out of it".

I contend Darnold is the only guy we are willing the sell the farm to get.  If the Browns are split or even don't want him, it's bad business not to sell him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea he’s only 20 but he still needs to sit for a bit, maybe half the season I would imagine. 

I've watched him a lot, and I agree he is raw in some parts of his game but (imo) he can be a day one starter. 

Will they let him? Probably not... but he's more than capable in my eyes. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I speculated in the other thread that the teams would end up like this:

After the madness:

Bills: 1, 56, 96 - Total Value 123.97

Browns: 2, 12, 22, 33, 64, 69, Bills 2019 2nd - Total Value 265.81

Giants: 4, 34, 35, 53, 65, 66 - Total Value 190.87

I don't think the Browns necessary need or even want all those lower picks and I don't think Beane wants our draft to be over after pick 1.  I think we'll pony up the 2019 1st and keep our later picks.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've watched him a lot, and I agree he is raw in some parts of his game but (imo) he can be a day one starter. 

Will they let him? Probably not... but he's more than capable in my eyes. 

Oh I think he could start, I just meant I think he should sit. Bills QB situation isn’t really conducive to that, for how much they’ll end up giving up.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Oh I think he could start, I just meant I think he should sit. Bills QB situation isn’t really conducive to that, for how much they’ll end up giving up.

12 / 22 / 2019 1st is the cleanest deal and is basically an equal value for 1.

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Do people think this means the Bills get Darnold?  Seems like it means Buffalo gets Allen and the Jets get Mayfield, and the Browns get Darnold and Barkley.

Well the way they made it seem in the entire thread between Bucky and DJ that it was a CRAZY RUMOR and would make ppls heads spin or something like that. Buffalo trading to 2 doesn’t warrant all those “mind blowing level wording....” that’s how I read it at least

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Darnold

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Unsubstantiated, but Carl Falk (Rochester radio) mentioned a text suggesting Pats are trying to move up for Rosen.

We need someone like the Cards to get involved here

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

It’s real close. It’s up to however cle values next years pick. 2000 points for 12 and 22. Cle pick worth 3000

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That is too rich for my blood for any of these QBs.  I would consider trading up to 12 & 22 and maybe 53 for Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen.  I would not trade up at all to get Allen.  For me, any deal that requires 12, 22 and next year’s 1st would be out of bounds.

My reasoning is that none of these guys carried their teams, except maybe Mayfield.

Just now, aristocrat said:

It’s real close. It’s up to however cle values next years pick. 2000 points for 12 and 22. Cle pick worth 3000

Next year’s Bills pick is trending to be really high. That will help them with the trade. Maybe another reason the Bills keep saying how far away they are. 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Except the Bills would be adding in their best asset. They can do it without the 2019 1st. 

I don't think there's any way they can get to 1 without giving up the 2019 1st.  They can certainly throw picks at it to equal value, but looking at how Cleveland stands I don't think there's any way they move without that premium asset.  We hold cards in terms to value, but they own the pick, if the Giants Darnold interest is legit, we are paying their price.