Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m calling BS on Allbright having a Browns source who actually knows what’s happening 

I'd say it's more likely that some random kid having a boss that is bff with Russ Brandon...and Russ knows this huge plan...and is blabbering about it. But that's maybe just me.

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I disagree with this. The durability and concussions is the biggest red flag imo

seems like a very valid point, and one that i hope factors into the decision no matter who it is. i just think that the personality stuff does come into play, at least a bit.

2 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

seems like a very valid point, and one that i hope factors into the decision no matter who it is. i just think that the personality stuff does come into play, at least a bit.

For me it's the combination of the two. The injury history plus his personality makes it for me that he would be more willing to walk away from the game early 

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I'd say it's more likely that some random kid having a boss that is bff with Russ Brandon...and Russ knows this huge plan...and is blabbering about it. But that's maybe just me.

The funny part about that, there is more conjecture leaning in favor of the kids tweet than Allbright. Especially when Brooks and Jeremiah both tweeted about potential crazy trade.

Darnold screams big swing  “franchise QB” for a team like the Bills. He’s super humble, and small town even though from Cali. Head down “process” guy. Has a ton of talent including pocket awareness, improvisation  and playing being a bad OL. I have no doubt they have locked down on him. He’s a bit raw, but also only 20. He seems to be really focused on Football. I think they feel he’s the right “fit.” I think they want to build a team around him. He’s the only one they went to watch live 3x. Just my observation. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

My gf is due next Saturday and I have this feeling that I will have to choose between watching our child being born or the draft. I mean it is our second kid and I was there for the first one!  There is a tv in the room though. 

47 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Congrats!

Mine is due in mid May, no early arrivals!

Congrats gentleman. Hopefully your kids are born into a world where the Bills have a franchise QB! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

The funny part about that, there is more conjecture leaning in favor of the kids tweet than Allbright. Especially when Brooks and Jeremiah both tweeted about potential crazy trade.

Not in the least.

With access to these talking heads via Twitter, they have been asked about this rumor since last week. It's like the old "telephone game" one person say one thing and by the time it comes back the whole narrative is different. Common sense will tell you that's really all this is. I understand being hopeful and just itching to believe in SOMETHING going down. 

If you read back through that kids whole story there are at least 5 times that it's easy to see that this is a made up story. Read his whole timeline...he's never successfully leaked any of this supposed information his GM has had. Not even the Incognito issue...which he claimed to know ahead of time.

4 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

For me it's the combination of the two. The injury history plus his personality makes it for me that he would be more willing to walk away from the game early 

i don't necessarily fear the personality, but concussions are no joke. but every qb gets their fair share, even with the rules to protect them in place. i would definitely take all of the above into consideration, and i would bet a whole lot of money that the staff has done all that and more for all of these guys.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Darnold screams big swing  “franchise QB” for a team like the Bills. He’s super humble, and small town even though from Cali. Head down “process” guy. Has a ton of talent including pocket awareness, improvisation  and playing being a bad OL. I have no doubt they have locked down on him. He’s a bit raw, but also only 20. He seems to be really focused on Football. I think they feel he’s the right “fit.” I think they want to build a team around him. He’s the only one they went to watch live 3x. Just my observation. 

After reflecting on it over the weekend and watch some film on him and looking at him as a person, not just you.  As I said this morning, I think he's their #1 guy.  Allen is a close 2nd.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It makes a lot of sense. The question is if the Browns can convince themselves that Allen or whoever else is worth it over Darnold. If they decide they're fine with someone else we'll get to #1 and draft him, no doubt in my mind.

Also if the Giants really like Darnold I doubt we get to 1 because they won't let us get him. So it really depends on 2 teams willing to let Darnold go.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It makes a lot of sense. The question is if the Browns can convince themselves that Allen or whoever else is worth it over Darnold. If they decide they're fine with someone else we'll get to #1 and draft him, no doubt in my mind.

Also if the Giants really like Darnold I doubt we get to 1 because they won't let us get him. So it really depends on 2 teams willing to let Darnold go.

I have a feeling that the Browns want Allen. Fwiw they are pumping up Tyrod big time as the starter, Allen is going to sit for awhile. It’s a decent strategy. They have Haley who may look at him as a future Big Ben.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Heitz said:

Thanks for the heads-up - he's on next...

I listen to the kids on the night cap frequently ... way better than the old guys in the afternoon plus they replay all the pertinent stuff from the other shows throughout the day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1