Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

I am really getting the sense that Cleveland is baiting Buffalo with their "considering Allen at 1."

To many folks have us linked to Allen from Allbright (who same source that said we were taking Peterman says we would take Allen) to Gelko who's latest mock says there are some in the front office who like Rosen but ultimately will take Allen.

What benefit would Cleveland get from that?  I really doubt we would trade up to 1 for Allen, though I like him considerably more than you do.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

What benefit would Cleveland get from that?  I really doubt we would trade up to 1 for Allen, though I like him considerably more than you do.

What you doubt and what could actually happen are two different things.

I doubt the Bills take a RB when they have Lynch and Jackson already.

I doubt the Bills trade back and end up taking EJ Manuel 16th overall.

The Browns could take Chubb or Barkely at one and if Buffalo thinks the Browns basically as just waiting to land Allen at four, might force Buffalo to trade up to spot to. Bills take Allen, Jets take Darnold or Mayfield and the Browns can take Rosen or whichever the Jets didnt take.

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

The Browns could take Chubb or Barkely at one and if Buffalo thinks the Browns basically as just waiting to land Allen at four, might force Buffalo to trade up to spot to. Bills take Allen, Jets take Darnold or Mayfield and the Browns can take Rosen or whichever the Jets didnt take.

If Browns take a non-qb at one and the Giants don't jump on Darnold and actually trade the pick to the Bills for a king's ransom, I would be very surprised if we don't take Darnold.  I would.  I suppose your scenario is possible, but I don't think it's probable.  If it happens, however, I will not be devestated, though most of this board will be livid.  

2 hours ago, BillsGuru4 said:

I keep thinking the same thing,

It may not be looking too good right now, but the Colts made that move for a reason. Pick 6 carried little risk to move down to with the QBs going off the board, basically 3 second rounders for nothing.  It also kept the Colts in prime position for a second move down so they could fleece another team ( Bills?) for picks and add to the bounty. They could stay put and take an elite player as well, so the flexibility is still there. The Colts have a lot of holes, they talked about a second move down within a week of the Jets move. This was obvious from the time the Jets deal was made: the Bills weren't getting pick 3 once the NYJ were involved. Just too sweet an offer to pass up. 

19 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I am really getting the sense that Cleveland is baiting Buffalo with their "considering Allen at 1."

To many folks have us linked to Allen from Allbright (who same source that said we were taking Peterman says we would take Allen) to Gelko who's latest mock says there are some in the front office who like Rosen but ultimately will take Allen.

I heard Allbright interviewed about his Bills “source.” First of all he admitted that the info was being forcefully shared about their interest in Allen and it was given to multiple media guys. That tells me it was shared in a calculated manner. Also, the source that gave him Peterman may be the same, but since the regime is different and Whaley’s team was full of loose lips, but Beane’s has been the opposite, the info given to this source could have been purposely incorrect. Allbright has been hanging onto this “Peterman source” thing for dear life but I don’t give it any more credibility than the Darnold/mayfield/Rosen/Rudolph “interest” that has been disseminated by various “sources”. The bluer the check mark, the more likely the “source” is an agent btw.

1 minute ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I can't see the Browns giving up #1. I understand the logic of moving back one spot and still getting your guy, but psychologically you just went 0-16 (and 1-31) and you need a "win" like saying we took the best player in the draft #1.

i think it's more of a win to get the best player (in their estimation) plus an extra 1st round pick.  if i was a Browns fan I would be into that

Daniel Jeremiah just did confirm on the "Rich Eisen Show" that the "crazy" rumor Bucky Brooks cited and tweeted out about ccentered around the "Bills efforts to move up for a quarterback."

Like we already knew but it has been confirmed...  or at least the rumor has been (not necessarily the validity of it).

Jeremiah also stated that the people he's spoken to connected to the Bills have told him that any move- if there IS a move- wouldn't likely happen until teams are on the clock.

Edited by Midwest1981
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Were you the same guy pushing the imminent news on a Bills/Colts trade a few weeks back? 

I don't recall. I have news crossing my desk here at my station at all hours of the day. My news is typically accurate. I'm hearing the Colts trade is still a very distinct possibility.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Do it.

This is the exact trade my insurance buddy told me about last week. I deleted the thread because I was being ridiculed. Shady, Peterman and one other player trying to sell his house along with some picks for the #2 overall. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard Allbright interviewed about his Bills “source.” First of all he admitted that the info was being forcefully shared about their interest in Allen and it was given to multiple media guys. That tells me it was shared in a calculated manner. Also, the source that gave him Peterman may be the same, but since the regime is different and Whaley’s team was full of loose lips, but Beane’s has been the opposite, the info given to this source could have been purposely incorrect. Allbright has been hanging onto this “Peterman source” thing for dear life but I don’t give it any more credibility than the Darnold/mayfield/Rosen/Rudolph “interest” that has been disseminated by various “sources”. The bluer the check mark, the more likely the “source” is an agent btw.

I love you! Just let me tell you that right now. I love you lol. Helped me back off the ledge a bit.

I'm sitting over here ready to place bets on the Bills taking Allen.