Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

I understand the parameters of the deal are sketchy for a few folks.

However, how it actually all goes down and plays out could be vastly different in terms of the compensation. Could be more like 

Buffalo gives up 12, 22, 53, 56, 2019 first, 2020 3rd.

Giants give up 2nd and say something else, end up with 4th, 22nd, 56th. And possibly more from Browns/Bills.

Browns give up 1st and 4th but acquire the 2nd, 12th, 53rd, Shaq Lawson, 2019 1st and 2020 3rd.

I could be way off and probably am, just saying the rumour isnt true or false based on the projected compensation... cause the teams can still be working on the price right up until draft night.

And the Bills can't field a roster this year and set themselves back another 3. Do people even listen to Beane when he talks?  It's all about building through draft. He is not giving away 4 first round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and a 3rd round pick for one crapshoot of a player 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

And the Bills can't field a roster this year and set themselves back another 3. Do people even listen to Beane when he talks?  It's all about building through draft. He is not giving away 4 first round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and a 3rd round pick for one crapshoot of a player 

Apparently you are the one who doesn't listen to everything Beane says.

And should you even trust everything he says in public? As a bills fan I hope not...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Cant field a roster? You realize a SB winning team literally did exactly the same thing we are currently doing?

Moreover, its three first rounders and you are not giving them away you are getting a blue chip prospect at the most important position. SOMETHING BEANE ALSO SAID WAS THE IMPORTANCE OF A FRANCHISE QB.

Oh, and that thing called cap space that we gain massive amounts of next off season. Ya know to fill those holes you seem to deem impossible to fill unless we draft them this year.

Edited by BillsFan17
  • Like (+1) 3

I'm not a fan of the Jimmy Johnson chart, as I generally feel it is antiquated and became obsolete with the rookie wage scale (seriously, check out the trades since 2011 using the JJ chart. They make no sense.), but I do understand that the truth generally lies in the middle. So I checked some scenarios with both the Rich Hill base 100 chart and the JJ chart. Ended up with a slightly modified version of my original proposal.

7qNrZSq.jpg

I feel like the scenario is at least plausible, and each team can sell it as a win.

- Bills get their QB and still have a pick in rounds 2 & 3 this year.

- Browns still get the QB they want and come out ahead 1 1st round pick this year and next year.

- Giants get they player that they were going to get at 2, but also pick up an additional 2nd & 3rd round pick.

And before people go twisting who's giving what for what, I also put together the net result for the Browns since they were involved in both transactions. They come out ahead in both. So no, they aren't losing.

I01WJhq.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Cant field a roster? You realize a SB winning team literally did exactly the same thing we are currently doing?

Moreover, its three first rounders and you are not giving them away you are getting a blue chip prospect at the most important position. SOMETHING BEANE ALSO SAID WAS THE IMPORTANCE OF A FRANCHISE QB.

Oh, and that thing called cap space that we gain massive amounts of next off season. Ya know to fill those holes you seem to deem impossible to fill unless we draft them this year.

Could not of said it better myself.  Well said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Beane " It's the GMs job to find a franchise QB"

14 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Thank God you were here to fix that. I was literally lost as to what that poster was alluding to. 

Figuratively?   :)

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Home is what you make it 

So true there! 

Just now, mead107 said:

Pats trade to number 1.  Give up all picks this year to Cleveland. 

To get to #1, I bet they’d need to throw in some meadcoins. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

The Eagles did not.  They gave a first, 3rd and 4th in current draft year.  1st following year.  2nd 2 years from the trade.  That is no where near what was put in that post.

Lawson = 1st round pick

2018 12th = 1st round pick

2018 22nd = 1st round pick

2019 1st  =  1st round pick

4 first round picks.  Then he also has 2 2nds this season and even more picks the following year.  That is straight lunacy.  You would literally be down 5 players in the first year.

Franchise QB has nothing to do with getting to top of draft.  There are more franchise QBs that come from beyond the first two picks than there are ones that come from the first two picks.

Cap space is the most overrated thing in all of football.  Cap space means zero in getting good players.

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

The Eagles did not.  They gave a first, 3rd and 4th in current draft year.  1st following year.  2nd 2 years from the trade.  That is no where near what was put in that post.

Lawson = 1st round pick

2018 12th = 1st round pick

2018 22nd = 1st round pick

2019 1st  =  1st round pick

4 first round picks.  Then he also has 2 2nds this season and even more picks the following year.  That is straight lunacy.  You would literally be down 5 players in the first year.

Franchise QB has nothing to do with getting to top of draft.  There are more franchise QBs that come from beyond the first two picks than there are ones that come from the first two picks.

Cap space is the most overrated thing in all of football.  Cap space means zero in getting good players.

Lmao okay you leaving out trading Kiko and Maxwell and the 13th to get to eight? That never happened I guess.

• Like (+1) 1