Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

10 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

That's kinda my point, I wish we'd move sooner, even to 5. At least guarantee ourselves one of the top 4 QBs.

So your belief about the  hand size comment  is that they really want Darnold, and that someone else wants Allen (us?) and Dorsey wants to trade down, take his guy at 2, and get a boatload of picks.

I don’t know why he said it. I think he said it for a reason, but i don’t think it’s because he believes in it for his team. 

basically you can look at a GM’s patterns and actions and you can look at what he says publically to a room full of media the week before the draft . I think I know which one I believe. He’s already showed you what he actually thinks. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Let's presuppose Beane was surprised at the early trade by the Jets to move to 3.  He's definitely not going to get sucker-punched again.  I'm sure the Colts know it is in their best interest to bring any alternative trade to the Bills before pulling the trigger.

The Colts manipulated the Jets into that move by leveraging the Bills interest in the pick. There was no element of surprise there. The Bills were one of, if not the first team to discuss trading for the Colts pick at 3. But to the other point , yes teams know the Bills have a pocket full of picks. No GM is going to leave them out of the discussion if they want to trade out of the top of the draft. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

The Colts manipulated the Jets into that move by leveraging the Bills interest in the pick. There was no element of surprise there. The Bills were one of, if not the first team to discuss trading for the Colts pick at 3. But to the other point , yes teams know the Bills have a pocket full of picks. No GM is going to leave them out of the discussion if they want to trade out of the top of the draft. 

I think you are right.  I was just granting the hypothetical, since horned dogs concern was that somehow we might be ambushed by the Cards or some other team.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I think you are right.  I was just granting the hypothetical, since horned dogs concern was that somehow we might be ambushed by the Cards or some other team.

I get the concern, but I agree. The Bills have the most to give, so leaving them out of the discussion for any potential deal is foolish. I don't see teams such as AZ, MIA as a big threat. I'm concerned about the Patriots , though. While I don't think they'll move up big to draft a QB while Brady is still there, it's not beyond them to do so. They could throw Gronkowski into a deal, which would beat out any draft pick imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I get the concern, but I agree. The Bills have the most to give, so leaving them out of the discussion for any potential deal is foolish. I don't see teams such as AZ, MIA as a big threat. I'm concerned about the Patriots , though. While I don't think they'll move up big to draft a QB while Brady is still there, it's not beyond them to do so. They could throw Gronkowski into a deal, which would beat out any draft pick imo. 

I really don't need any help hating those illegitimate progeny (euphemism for what I wanted to say, not sure about CoC on that word):P

Edited by Dr. Who

30 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well...All that is possible for the Pats...

But Gronk is not that big a piece...He's older, oft-injured, and he's going to want big money for at least a year...

But if they do move way up they should not be surprised if Brady tells them he's not coming back...Because that team is full of holes, including at LT...And they'll be giving most of their capital up for another QB? Brady will flip...B-)

So many moving pieces. The closer we get, the more I worry that the Giants will trade back with the Browns. I'm locked in on Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield, and as a true Bills fan, my defensive pessimism is on the rise as the draft approaches. 

37 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They could throw Gronkowski into a deal, which would beat out any draft pick imo. 

I keeps seeing this stated and don't agree with it at all. Why is anybody giving up a premium pick in the draft for a guy who is openly contemplating retirement? It makes zero sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

I keeps seeing this stated and don't agree with it at all. Why is anybody giving up a premium pick in the draft for a guy who is openly contemplating retirement? It makes zero sense to me.

Best TE in history and the retirement stuff might be overblown. Maybe he just needs more money and a guaranteed long term deal

43 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

I think the Bills are going to end up without a chair when the music stops. Just a feeling, but it feels right. Sorry. 

This is increasingly my worry, too. After all this waiting, pondering and anticipation, if the Bills walk away from round 1 with, say, a LB and OL it will be awfully deflating.

9 minutes ago, MDH said:

Word is that he's simply tired of BB and the " patriot way" . I don't think he'd fetch such a premium pick on his own, but thrown into a deal as a sweetener, it could trump another offer. Im not saying it's likely, but the Pats have never been shy about trading guys with tread still left on the tires. 

3 minutes ago, Pre1236 said:

This is increasingly my worry, too. After all this waiting, pondering and anticipation, if the Bills walk away from round 1 with, say, a LB and OL it will be awfully deflating.

I don't see any way they come out of round one without a QB. It just may not be one of the top 4 prospects that we all are hoping for. 

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Trust the !@#$ing process! 

Who's Process?

The Team's Process is - take in all of the info, play out scenarios, make the best decision.

The Fan's Process is - take in the info, conjure up worst case scenarios, cry about them, preemptively threaten to quit the team.

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1