Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You are assume McBeane would be willing to pick at 1 then take the next 100 picks off.  I think if they do make the move to 1 they'll want to plug in as many pieces on offense as possible to build an infrastructure to allow a QB to succeed.  I agree with you, I'd rather have the premium pick, but I think it would be a deal breaker for Cleveland and I don't know our guys wouldn't value the depth of picks.

No, he would pick again at 56 or 65. The Bills are not going to just throw in a top 10 pick (which it almost certainly will be). They learned a lesson from the Texans. They may include the 2nd next year but it is entirely possible that the Bills win 5 games or less. They will add an elite talent in a loaded draft in 2019. 

This regime is ALWAYS looking at the big picture. They won’t don’t something foolish like that. They will give Cleveland an offer that is an easy decision and they will take it or won’t (assuming the Giants are good). The scenario that Hokie pitched above has every team leaving with the guy that they would take without a trade. It leaves Cleveland and the Giants with significant assets as well.

The Giants and Browns absolutely can’t overplay their hands or they are going to end up with the same guy without the assets. It’s the same thing that the 49ers did to the Bears last year. They took what they could get so that the Bears could take Trubisky. If the Bears declined the 49ers were taking Thomas anyways. This is the point that we are missing. There is a good deal of leverage from the Bills too. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Don't worry, Ben Allbright is here to stop the fun.

When my wife comes home from work and asks if I've been drinking and I've already had a half bottle of Pinot, I tend to laugh.  It's my tell.

Edited by stony
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Don't worry, Ben Allbright is here to stop the fun.

Not saying the 3 way trade is happening, but the fact that his source would indicate anything about the Brown's draft strategy this close to the draft means his source probably knows nothing. 

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Seems like 22 would have to be in the mix. No way Browns just give away a 1st round pick and only end up with 1.

I think it would be:

Bills get 1

Browns get 2, 12, 53 and 2019 2nd

Giants get 4, 22 and 96

No way Cleveland moves down from 1 and 4 to pick up 2, 12, and a couple 2nds. That makes zero sense. The Jets gave up 3 2nds to move up 3 spots, and 1 is pick 37.  Cleveland drop 1 and 8 spots at the top of the 1st round for 53 and a 2 next year. Dumbest trade ever.

35 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

They take Allen anyway, the Giants take Darnold, the Jets take Baker and we are left hoping the Broncos don't take Rosen, who we may not even want.  In my mind the 2019 1st is the difference between Darnold and over drafting Rudolph.  It's a necessary concession.

Why do people want Darnold over Rosen? I don’t ger it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I don't think that's a conversation the team is having.  I think it's Darnold vs Allen.  We don't seem to be the only team in the league having the Darnold vs Allen debate either.  Personally, if we are giving up a lot, I'd much rather it be for Darnold.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m calling BS on Allbright having a Browns source who actually knows what’s happening 

I follow Allbright but his smugness is getting to the point of overbearing.

The guy is starting to feel like an inflated incarcerated bob.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

it is probably personality based. Rosen seems to be very passionate and opinionated about non-football things, whereas Darnold seems more the "eat, sleep and breathe football" type of guy.

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

Darnold is creative when the pocket breaks down and is durable.  The concerns about personality with Rosen are overblown, but I don't think Darnold has any of those question marks.  Rosen has injury concerns and poor pocket awareness.  You can easily make a case in the other direction, but it's not patently ridiculous to favor Darnold.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m calling BS on Allbright having a Browns source who actually knows what’s happening 

He seems like a clown

4 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

it is probably personality based. Rosen seems to be very passionate and opinionated about non-football things, whereas Darnold seems more the "eat, sleep and breathe football" type of guy.

I disagree with this. The durability and concussions is the biggest red flag imo And I'm a Rosen guy

Edited by horned dogs