Josh Allen visiting the Bills today

44 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

There we go - bring in the gunslinger.  Forget the other Josh PLEASE!

Yes, let's get the guy who was the 4th most successful QB in the Mountain West Conference and who most analysts tab as the most likely bust.

Let's take the guy who has played terribly but "looks like a QB" over the guy who has actually played well in college. When has that ever worked out poorly for us (or other teams who did the same)?

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The most accurate qb in the draft (in a good qb draft) would make you sad?

I really don't get the dislike of Rosen. I understand being wary of his injuries, but would think a guy who most analysts consider one of the top two QBs would be exciting. As for the Josh of this thread, it's all been said (and probably in a better fashion than i ever have by other posters)...he just seems like such obvious fools' gold.

• Like (+1) 1

I have come down to the fact that I or no one else knows who McBeane is thinking in the draft. I have gone from one to the other of the top 4 in the draft. I think that all of them have their pluses and Minuses.in the draft so, I will support whoever they choose.  GO BILL'S !!1

Just listened to Sal Capacio on the radio and he was talking about Allen.He said that some of the "experts " has poisoned the water about Allen and far to many people ran with it and do not want him on their team.  it is true in a number of cities . The people do not really know anything about Allen but if he is selected by the Jets , Fish , or Buffalo , he will have a hole to get out of before he starts. I would hope that if mcBeane selects him we would welcome him like the Bill's fans we are. The hell with all of the naysayers.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Just listened to Sal Capacio on the radio and he was talking about Allen.He said that some of the "experts " has poisoned the water about Allen and far to many people ran with it and do not want him on their team.  it is true in a number of cities . The people do not really know anything about Allen but if he is selected by the Jets , Fish , or Buffalo , he will have a hole to get out of before he starts. I would hope that if mcBeane selects him we would welcome him like the Bill's fans we are. The hell with all of the naysayers.

I'm not so keen on Allen given the high bust probability  but would keep an open mind if Bills personnel guys think he is our QB of the future.

13 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I agree that it’s been a tad much but looking at his lack of production in that conference, injury history, accuracy, poor performance against halfway decent teams, film study, etc odds aren’t good that he will transition into a good nfl qb. Moreover I don’t think the Bills are a good situation for him and I think situation is huge for successful qb transition to NFL. He would be much better off imo somewhere with a seasoned vet in place ahead of him, solid weapons and established QB coach and OC.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thurst44 said:

Yes, let's get the guy who was the 4th most successful QB in the Mountain West Conference and who most analysts tab as the most likely bust.

Let's take the guy who has played terribly but "looks like a QB" over the guy who has actually played well in college. When has that ever worked out poorly for us (or other teams who did the same)?

I really don't get the dislike of Rosen. I understand being wary of his injuries, but would think a guy who most analysts consider one of the top two QBs would be exciting. As for the Josh of this thread, it's all been said (and probably in a better fashion than i ever have by other posters)...he just seems like such obvious fools' gold.

So what about 2016 when he was far and away the first or second best QB in the MWC- in his first season as a college QB- and was named the MWC preseason player of the year prior to last season, before losing literally every last one of his skill position players?  Does that count or no?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree that it’s been a tad much but looking at his lack of production in that conference, injury history, accuracy, poor performance against halfway decent teams, film study, etc odds aren’t good that he will transition into a good nfl qb. Moreover I don’t think the Bills are a good situation for him and I think situation is huge for successful qb transition to NFL. He would be much better off imo somewhere with a seasoned vet in place ahead of him, solid weapons and established QB coach and OC.

Not a thing.

Played GREAT in 2016 in against Boise State, San Diego State twice, good against BYU and GREAT against Central Michigan in the bowl this year.  Yes, he had difficulty against power five teams this past season with unheralded freshmen as his skill position players playing their first college football games, you are correct.  But nothing matters anymore so whatever.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

2 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

I have come down to the fact that I or no one else knows who McBeane is thinking in the draft. I have gone from one to the other of the top 4 in the draft. I think that all of them have their pluses and Minuses.in the draft so, I will support whoever they choose.  GO BILL'S !!1

It is good that only McBean knows.  That means other teams don't know.

Personally I think the original plan to get their man by trading up into the top 6 was burned by the Jets, so McBean may have completely rethought their entire draft strategy.  I don't see them selling the farm to move up now.  More likely they will take BPA for need at 12 and 22 (possibly a QB) and if not a QB will take BQBA in 2d rd.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The most accurate qb in the draft (in a good qb draft) would make you sad?

Would make me distraught.  My bet - 3 years and out of the league.  I suspect he can't and won't take the pounding.  He will be accurate on the tennis court.  Time will tell.  You know no better than I do whether this will happen.  And I am not rooting for it to happen to the kid, but I hope we don't take him.  Rosen scares me the most of any quarterback we might consider.

9 hours ago, prissythecat said:

EJ was also kind of a gunslinger.   Even had big hands.  Just couldnt hit anything.

To be air to Allen, EJ was a 3rd round prospect in most draft pundits projections who have Allen as a 1st round prospect this year.  We're the one's who were dumb enough to take him.  If it wasn't for Tebow, he'd be the biggest 1st round QB reach this century.

5 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

They aren't fast. And they are way too far down his head. Eye hieght of a guy that's only 6'2" is what I believe I've read on here.:ph34r:

I just envision a guy with a giant five-head. Rosen does not have one of those..