4-16: Josh Allen has a Pre-Draft Visit with the Bills

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

TBD crash! 

Image result for nuclear explosion gif

Exactly how I would feel if they draft him and did it by moving up to get him. I think I would compare it to the EJ draft, imagine instead of moving back and drafting EJ/Kiko they moved up to top 5 to just take EJ. Yuk

Coming out of college with the same hype and the same issues. He is a big guy that looks like a QB maybe he can get better or maybe he will be a career backup and then traded away. I would rather have a QB that does not have accuracy issues.

Edited by xRUSHx

He won't succeed in buffalo. Here's why. AJ McCaron and Nate Peterman. They are going to stink up the field. The bills just traded all of those picks to get a QB who is on the bench. How long could that possibly last? By the bye week fans will be going nuts demanding they play the kid. He's not ready

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If they feel like they can fix his footwork and accuracy than he could be the best QB from this draft from a pure passing standpoint. I feel like the hardest thing to fix with a QB is accuracy and touch on your passes. He will probably excel in breaking down defense's, calling audibles and calling out blitzes. He is tall, mobile and smart. Cam Newton had accuracy issues and improved them enough to become a good QB. The Bean is in a position to change the culture of losing and not having a QB to believe in with one good pick.

Not that he is the most accurate passer ever but for comparison, Newton competed 66% of his passes at 10 yards/ attempt in the SEC.  

We all need to pretend like we are qb experts but I see a lot more excuses for Allen than actual success.  The Bills aren’t the team to be taking risks on QBs imo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I happen to love both Allen and Mayfield and happen to think that both Rosen and Darnold are overrated. 

All these QB's are half a season to one year projects and I only hope this regime upgrades the offensive line or the pick will probably be wasted no matter who it is.

2018 NFL Draft: Josh Allen with the Bills plus nine more perfect prospect-team fits

Wyoming QB Josh Allen to the Bills

Buffalo's last big-time quarterback was Jim Kelly, who had the arm to rip it through the weather in upstate New York. Allen would be able to do that as well. When Bills general manger Brandon Beane and coach Sean McDermott were with the Carolina Panthers, they had a strong-armed passer in Cam Newton. Allen would be the ideal choice for the Bills with his power and strength. 

Drafting Allen would be like dating a bipolar woman. She has all you could ever want physically, and even though you know deep-down it can only end in an inevitable dumpster fire, you can't help getting sucked in. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, billspro said:

Well, now I'm even more worried about the draft.

I'm worried about SDS' server.    No matter who we pick, it's going to crash...

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen is still at OBD this morning. 

Is Allen the only one of the top four that actually came to Orchard Park?   

I seem to recall that the Bills went to California for Rosen and Darnold.   Don't recall about Mayfield...

17 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If they feel like they can fix his footwork and accuracy than he could be the best QB from this draft from a pure passing standpoint. I feel like the hardest thing to fix with a QB is accuracy and touch on your passes. He will probably excel in breaking down defense's, calling audibles and calling out blitzes. He is tall, mobile and smart. Cam Newton had accuracy issues and improved them enough to become a good QB. The Bean is in a position to change the culture of losing and not having a QB to believe in with one good pick.

He's never showed this lol

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm worried about SDS' server.    No matter who we pick, it's going to crash...

Is Allen the only one of the top four that actually came to Orchard Park?   

I seem to recall that the Bills went to California for Rosen and Darnold.   Don't recall about Mayfield...

No. Rosen and Mayfield also visited OBD

I would be (more than) fine with Allen but he would certainly not be my first choice from amongst the top five guys. In fact he would be near if not right at the end of the line. But really that is because I'm risk averse and my risk aversion probably stems from the fact that I've got a day job and I don't see/know enuf about these prospects to be confident that I can even trust my own opinion. Even if I did I'd be handicapped by a lack of tools/knowledge to properly evaluate.

But I can certainly see why people like him (based on the eye test). As others have mentioned when he is on he is simply playing in a different dimension than the surrounding talent (even when the surrounding talent is good as at the Senior Bowl). Stands out like a sore thumb. He is also clearly capable of doing the things you want him to do. So you say he can't throw with accuracy? I've seen him make plenty of throws with pinpoint accuracy and excellent ball placement. Can't throw with touch when on the run? Sorry, I've seen him do that too. His footwork/throwing mechanics are bad? Nope, give him a clean pocket and a little time to set up and you would have to nitpick to take issue with them (as in "I'd like to see him roll his hips a little more as he follows thru on his delivery" lol).

So he just needs to be more consistent - unlike a guy like EJ who could never really do the things he "couldn't do" and provided no evidence that he could.

There are some important unanswered questions to be sure -pocket presence and reactions to,pressure, decision making etc...but if you are an astute pro talent evaluator and you see enuf to believe that he can get there then you've got to be all over this kid because if you are right is going to be a prodigy.

Wherever he winds up I'm really intrigued to see how he turns out.