4-16: Josh Allen has a Pre-Draft Visit with the Bills

18 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Wonder how many posters have spent more time bashing Allen than they have actually watched of him play. I don't have much of an opinion on him I haven't watched him play enough. Hearing him struggle during interviews caught my attention but he redeemed himself a bit with the wonderlic. 

The guy is highly rated by many teams and pundits the Bills are doing the right thing by bringing him in and taking a better look.

I kind of feel you could write the above sentence with ________  replacing Allen as the name of the QB.  I think most people just grab for the easy sound bite and rehash it.

If they feel like they can fix his footwork and accuracy than he could be the best QB from this draft from a pure passing standpoint. I feel like the hardest thing to fix with a QB is accuracy and touch on your passes. He will probably excel in breaking down defense's, calling audibles and calling out blitzes. He is tall, mobile and smart. Cam Newton had accuracy issues and improved them enough to become a good QB. The Bean is in a position to change the culture of losing and not having a QB to believe in with one good pick.

I really hope we don’t trade up for him but if he’s the guy, I’ll be really excited to see what he can do and hope and pray we build the OL so he doesn’t have to be In postion to make bad decisions very often.  I think he’ll bust before he becomes a very good QB but if he does, we’ll all be very excited and he’ll soon be the apple of our eye.  Hopefully he has the heart and desire to become great while we surround him with the proper pieces to succeed

Not sure what to make of this. It is pretty late in the game and you would have to think the Bills already have the order of their quarterbacks pretty much set. We are a week and a half away. If he was a priority target at the most important position, you would think that you would want him in earlier to get a better judgment on him. At the same time, Allen may not have been able to meet with the Bills due to scheduling conflicts. Plus, it was pointed out to me today that Allen had met with the Bills for a workout in March. I guess we will just have to wait until the 26th. 

38 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

They say he can throw a ball so fast that it breaks the sound barrier and farts louder than thunder and shoots bolts of lightning from his arse.

If William Wallace were here he'd agree with you.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Why are people hating so many QB prospects in what is supposed to be the greatest QB class of any draft ever??

Everybody else's QB will be better than ours!!!!

In seriousness, if we can't get a top QB from this draft, I will feel like a kid at the prom with no date and no one to dance with.

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Wonder how many posters have spent more time bashing Allen than they have actually watched of him play. I don't have much of an opinion on him I haven't watched him play enough. Hearing him struggle during interviews caught my attention but he redeemed himself a bit with the wonderlic. 

The guy is highly rated by many teams and pundits the Bills are doing the right thing by bringing him in and taking a better look.

Exactly this....  If Beane and McDermott find that Allen is their guy, go for it.  I'll just be happy that they get one of them and they go all in on it. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again, worse case scenario they select a QB and he is a bum.  Everyone gets fired in 2 - 3 years and we're back to square 1.  I'll still be a Bills fan...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

No see we have no idea how teams rate him. The media is all over him sure, but saying hes rated highly by teams is conjecture.

Moreover, are we really using the Wonderlic as measuring stick?