Jeremiah and Brooks: Josh Rosen Could Slide; Colts Looking to Trade

4 hours ago, HiddenInLight said:

This 100%.  Most of the best QBs ran in the 4.8ish range, which is not much faster then rosen.

What was Peyton’s time? He might have had a 5.3 with a strong tail wind

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I don't love Rosen, but I would honestly be happy with any of the top four between 7-12. Just don't want to get to #2 unless we absolutely must. 

we  may not have a choice

I'll say this, I'd be surprised if the Pat's really do like Rosen with the whole ef trump hat situation. It's my understanding the Pats organization is big Trump supporters.

Not sure if that will hold any water in terms of drafting the kid, but something worth noting nontheless.

The thing that worries me is his health. And I think that’s what worries teams moreso as well.

I hear on the internet and on WGR that it’s the attitude that is making him slip. 

The concussions combined with what to me looks like an inability to “feel” pressure in the pocket, and make small movement in the pocket to avoid pressure, is what makes me nervous about him. 

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

Why arent people bringing up Mayfields concussion history?

Why arent people bringing up that Allen's broken his right collar bone, TWICE! Also missed games this past year with an injury to HIS THROWING SHOULDER.

Because Rosen will not shut his mouth so he’s taking all the media away from all the others. 

Dude can’t shut up. Talks endlessly about breaking all of Brady’s records and about fake sun gods and flat earth ? theory’s 

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'll say this, I'd be surprised if the Pat's really do like Rosen with the whole ef trump hat situation. It's my understanding the Pats organization is big Trump supporters.

Not sure if that will hold any water in terms of drafting the kid, but something worth noting nontheless.

I was thinking this exact same thing.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

or we have 10 minute TD drives to run out game.

For all this talk about it being a QB league- where is the scoring?  Where are the huge WR stats?  AJ and Julio each had a huge game.  There were not many others this season.  Not compared to the past 10.  There are all these ticky tack penalties called.  They try and handcuff CBs as much as they can and yet the scoring is not there.  I say BS it is a QB league.  It helps.  But it is not the be all, end all.  Give me playmakers.  Give me balance and depth. Give me two good lines and a great defense and special teams.  

We had this in 2014. It didn't work. We had everything but the QB.

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

We had this in 2014. It didn't work. We had everything but the QB.

That 2014 team was the best since 99 IMO.  That team was built to win and was playing great by year end.  Too bad we hired Rex and didn't keep all the talent together.  Doug stocked the shelves with truffles and fois gras galore, but Rex burned the meal and nearly burned down the restaurant.  !@#$ Rex.  Doug got mother!@#$ed by Rex

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

That 2014 team was the best since 99 IMO.  That team was built to win and was playing great by year end.  Too bad we hired Rex and didn't keep all the talent together.  Doug stocked the shelves with truffles and fois gras galore, but Rex burned the meal and nearly burned down the restaurant.  !@#$ Rex.  Doug got mother!@#$ed by Rex

That team had a good defense, but the QB wasn't good enough and they lost games at the end of the year that they shouldn't have. A better QB likely propels that team to a playoff berth. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That team had a good defense, but the QB wasn't good enough and they lost games at the end of the year that they shouldn't have. A better QB likely propels that team to a playoff berth. 

We could of used a better QB than Orton, but that team was still capable.  The defense blew the Oakland game, otherwise we were in the playoffs

16 hours ago, Pete said:

or we have 10 minute TD drives to run out game.

For all this talk about it being a QB league- where is the scoring?  Where are the huge WR stats?  AJ and Julio each had a huge game.  There were not many others this season.  Not compared to the past 10.  There are all these ticky tack penalties called.  They try and handcuff CBs as much as they can and yet the scoring is not there.  I say BS it is a QB league.  It helps.  But it is not the be all, end all.  Give me playmakers.  Give me balance and depth. Give me two good lines and a great defense and special teams.  

Six receivers over 1200 yards. 15 over 1000. Five with over 100 catches. Fourteen with over 80. Seven with 9 TDs or more and Eighteen with eight or more. Six with twenty or more 20+ yard plays, and seventeen with fifteen or more 20+ yard plays.

It absolutely is a QB league.

2017 Receiving TDs 741

2017 Rushing TDs 380

I added those with a calculator rather than finding the totals somewhere, so I might have hit a wrong key, but please do check for yourself on nfl.com, team scoring. Skipped back by three years at a time.

2014 Receiving TDs 741

2014 Rushing TDs 381

2011 Receiving TDs 745

2011 Rushing TDs 400

Very little if any less passing TDs. It absolutely is still a QB league.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1