Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Jeremiah and Brooks: Josh Rosen Could Slide; Colts Looking to Trade

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

i hope nobody in the top 5 trades with us and Rosen is there at 6.  wow that would be so amazing

If that happens there taking rudolph and not trading up. Rosen is not about the process 

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

My biggest fear is we give a ton move into the top 5 to take Allen and Rosen slips to ~10-11

And the dulfins get Rosen. Uuuughhhh

Cordy Glenn is not a key starter, and Wood has an experienced backup in Groy.   I'm not freaking out about Olinemen. 

Richie hurt, but that's all.   John Miller at LG?  He was a beast late season his rookie year.    Where are ya Johnny?

2 hours ago, Pete said:

or we have 10 minute TD drives to run out game.

For all this talk about it being a QB league- where is the scoring?  Where are the huge WR stats?  AJ and Julio each had a huge game.  There were not many others this season.  Not compared to the past 10.  There are all these ticky tack penalties called.  They try and handcuff CBs as much as they can and yet the scoring is not there.  I say BS it is a QB league.  It helps.  But it is not the be all, end all.  Give me playmakers.  Give me balance and depth. Give me two good lines and a great defense and special teams.  

The SB was a miracle away from being Brees-Brady.  The Eagles traded up to 2 to get Wentz, then when he got hurt, replaced him with a former 2nd rounder.  The Jags drafted Bortles 3 overall and the Vikes were so impressed with Keenum, they spent 9 billion dollars on qbs.

if you don’t have a qb, you are spinning your wheels and hoping to get lucky.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

He will not be the only one.  The QB love here is spread over a half dozen players so expect plenty of "I'm done with this team" threads as obviously we will not take more than one.  Then there will be pages of crying if the Bills stay put at 12 and go BPA which may not be a QB. 

Definitely not my first choice, but I'm not a GM or professional scout.  So if they take him, he was chosen by more knowledgeable people than I.

If they take Rudolph over him then I will begin submitting my resume for scouting positions.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is that what you know, or what you need to know about him? 

Not looking for an argument, just checking. ;P

He is a qb that is driven to be the best. He believing that he is the best means little to me. What he does by his preparation and total immersion into the game is what really counts. There have been numerous accounts that he not only has the playbook down pat but he wants  to alter it and add on to it so he and the offense can be maximized. 

There are plenty of people who want to portray him as a spoiled rich boy who isn't committed to the game. Nothing is further from the truth. Because he has a tendency to ask "why" a lot of football old school types are put off by this millennial. His former coach Mora tried to make the point that Rosen isn't the type of player who is suitable for certain coaches and organizations. If he is going to an organization that is rigid and is more concerned with maintaining their system then he isn't the type of player (regardless of position) you would want. He is a player who wants not only to get better but find ways for the offense to get better. Mora got skewered for what people thought was a criticism of the player when he just was being honest about discussing what was the best situation for him. 

There are no perfect qb prospects in this draft. I would be ecstatic if he were (and some others) selected by the Bills. What would be even more terrific is if he could be acquired without giving up much in draft assets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So the colts "didn't want to trade out of the top 10" until...now?

<_<

Or they wanted to stay in the top ten and gain even more by making a second trade?

What looks better the haul from two separate trades or just the one?

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And the dulfins get Rosen. Uuuughhhh

I'm hoping the Cardinals

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The SB was a miracle away from being Brees-Brady.  The Eagles traded up to 2 to get Wentz, then when he got hurt, replaced him with a former 2nd rounder.  The Jags drafted Bortles 3 overall and the Vikes were so impressed with Keenum, they spent 9 billion dollars on qbs.

if you don’t have a qb, you are spinning your wheels and hoping to get lucky.

Do you think NO would have beaten Philly in the NFC title game? I don’t know about that given the way the Eagles were playing.

47 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I'm hoping the Cardinals

Me took. I’d gate for the dolphins to get Lamar Jackson as well.  He might not be the best prospect but he may be hell to defend if he figures some things out and has some weapons with him

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:beer:

I will seriously stop watching NFL football if that happens. That would be too much to handle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

I will seriously stop watching NFL football if that happens. That would be too much to handle

I would be seriously be pissed too. 

4 hours ago, HiddenInLight said:

This 100%.  Most of the best QBs ran in the 4.8ish range, which is not much faster then rosen.

What was Peyton’s time? He might have had a 5.3 with a strong tail wind

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I don't love Rosen, but I would honestly be happy with any of the top four between 7-12. Just don't want to get to #2 unless we absolutely must. 

we  may not have a choice

I'll say this, I'd be surprised if the Pat's really do like Rosen with the whole ef trump hat situation. It's my understanding the Pats organization is big Trump supporters.

Not sure if that will hold any water in terms of drafting the kid, but something worth noting nontheless.

Posted (edited)

Rosen is sliding boys I think the pats will have a shot at him. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

17 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Rosen is sliding boys I think the pats will have a shot at him. 

Really?

You feel the absolute need to put this in every single thread? Stop being a child.

The thing that worries me is his health. And I think that’s what worries teams moreso as well.

I hear on the internet and on WGR that it’s the attitude that is making him slip. 

The concussions combined with what to me looks like an inability to “feel” pressure in the pocket, and make small movement in the pocket to avoid pressure, is what makes me nervous about him. 

Why arent people bringing up Mayfields concussion history?

Why arent people bringing up that Allen's broken his right collar bone, TWICE! Also missed games this past year with an injury to HIS THROWING SHOULDER.

• Like 1

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

Why arent people bringing up Mayfields concussion history?

Why arent people bringing up that Allen's broken his right collar bone, TWICE! Also missed games this past year with an injury to HIS THROWING SHOULDER.

Because Rosen will not shut his mouth so he’s taking all the media away from all the others. 

Dude can’t shut up. Talks endlessly about breaking all of Brady’s records and about fake sun gods and flat earth 🌏 theory’s 

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'll say this, I'd be surprised if the Pat's really do like Rosen with the whole ef trump hat situation. It's my understanding the Pats organization is big Trump supporters.

Not sure if that will hold any water in terms of drafting the kid, but something worth noting nontheless.

I was thinking this exact same thing.

I trust our front office. 

I could be wrong, but I’ll take my chances. It won’t be 100% hits, but I’ll give it time.