Jeremiah and Brooks: Josh Rosen Could Slide; Colts Looking to Trade

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I totally believe Rosen sliding though.  The ESPN piece really seemed like an agent / pr person saying "you are starting to turn into the "Manziel" of this draft, we need to get out there and flip the narratives."

Poor comparison.  Manziel was a trainwreck off the field who did not display NFL QB traits while Rosen has never been in trouble and actually shows QB skills required at the NFL level.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Poor comparison.  Manziel was a trainwreck off the field who did not display NFL QB traits while Rosen has never been in trouble and actually shows QB skills required at the NFL level.

I didn't intend a direct comparison by any means, just the sense the negative narrative buzz around his personality needed to be addressed by a PR rep and a glowing ESPN profile.

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

He will not be the only one.  The QB love here is spread over a half dozen players so expect plenty of "I'm done with this team" threads as obviously we will not take more than one.  Then there will be pages of crying if the Bills stay put at 12 and go BPA which may not be a QB. 

Zealotry is very different from having a strong opinion on a player or issue. When you get to the point of character assassinating someone just because you don't like the player for whatever reason and then keep hammering away with the same lies then that is a reflection on the person expressing the ugly thoughts. There is a big difference between being passionate and being a smear mongering scoundrel. 

3 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

You don't need to have a fast 40 yard dash time to be successful in the nfl.  Brady ran a 5.28.  Winston is about 4.9 as well.

All about being decisive with the ball and a quick delivery.

• Like (+1) 1

Smerlas once said when they were chasing Kenny O'Brien of the Jets outside the pocket he would literally squeal, and then eat the ball and take the sack to protect his always-high completion percentage.  Not sure why, maybe because Mommy drove his hot tub to him, but Rosen strikes me as equally squeal worthy.  I fear, however, that instead of taking sacks like O'Brien he will start chucking it up for INTs.  And when he is criticized for INTs he blames others and also starts holding it longer and until he repeatedly gets his head driven into the ground.  Thrice concussed he then calls it quits in his third year and goes for an MBA to go with his economics degree.  Just one person's nightmare, but NO THANKS.

Gimme anybody else PLEASE.  I highly, highly doubt he is our guy, but if he is I will support him whole-heartedly and pray!  I fear bad things with him . . . . please become a JET!

If Rosen slides there will be a reason he slid.   

1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

Unless the Browns take Allen I believe 2 QBs will be outside the top 10. I've always believed Allen and Rosen were vastly overrated and are not top 10 QBs. Teams could trade up, we'll see.

Care to explain why Rosen is VASTLY overrated given the numbers he put up in the PAC on a team with a mediocre offensive line and average receivers?

26 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Frank Ragnow in the 2nd and Wyatt Teller in the 3rd please. That's a great young core with Dion Dawkins.

An offensive line with a guy name Frank is so blue collar. And we know blue collar and Buffalo go together like roast beef on a kimmelweck roll.

BTW, has anyone mentioned how imperative it is to get a QB who can throw in the Buffalo weather?

This length of this offseason is only surpassed by the length of winter in WNY.

57 minutes ago, JohnC said:

How many western society is collapsing threads do you think the Thurmonator will start if the Bills select Rosen? Let the unceasing character assassination begin! :P

Well, I don't love Rosen's attitude either, but if he wins football games I don't care. I don't watch interviews anyways. 

Really what worries me about him is that he looks tiny and frail and has a bad history with injury. 215 is pretty small. 

5 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

And we know blue collar and Buffalo go together like roast beef on a kimmelweck roll.

Now I'm hungry. 

That WNY delicacy is impossible to find anywhere else. 

Edited by whatdrought

any scenario where we get a top dawg QB without giving up much more draft captial is ideal. Just coming to an agreement in what represents a top dawg is the on going debate