Jeremiah and Brooks: Josh Rosen Could Slide; Colts Looking to Trade

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

2018 NFL Mock Draft | Final Edition

5. Buffalo Bills (via Denver Broncos):  Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Cleveland holding their cards is of no concern to the Bills, because John Elway put the “For Sale” sign out front just last week. The Broncos could target Quenton Nelson, but they have eyes for other players, as well.

Allen is the biggest wildcard in the draft. Can he reach his ceiling? How long will it take him to get there? Buffalo needs to come away with a passer and aggressively decides to go get one.

9. New England Patriots (via San Francisco 49ers): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

When the Patriots first flipped WR Brandin Cooks for the 23rd overall selection, I was speculative that they’d make this type of move. But the general feeling from those I’ve spoken with is that the Patriots are very serious in their consideration to make a move. The feeling is depending on how the board falls, at least one other team would take a look at the Patriots’ package of 23 and 31 to jump to 9.

For what it’s worth, the swap of those three picks is separated by just 10 points (1350 vs. 1360) on the old trade value chart. A very fair price to pay for New England to land its quarterback of the future.

Even at 9....I think the niners are checking with Buffalo first.  And 12 and a 2nd rounder (maybe a sweetener pick next year) is still better then then the pats offer right?

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Even at 9....I think the niners are checking with Buffalo first.  And 12 and a 2nd rounder (maybe a sweetener pick next year) is still better then then the pats offer right?

I do not want to see Rosen as Brady's successor. :angry:

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cleveland holding their cards is of no concern to the Bills, because John Elway put the “For Sale” sign out front just last week. The Broncos could target Quenton Nelson, but they have eyes for other players, as well.

Allen is the biggest wildcard in the draft. Can he reach his ceiling? How long will it take him to get there? Buffalo needs to come away with a passer and aggressively decides to go get one.

When the Patriots first flipped WR Brandin Cooks for the 23rd overall selection, I was speculative that they’d make this type of move. But the general feeling from those I’ve spoken with is that the Patriots are very serious in their consideration to make a move. The feeling is depending on how the board falls, at least one other team would take a look at the Patriots’ package of 23 and 31 to jump to 9.

For what it’s worth, the swap of those three picks is separated by just 10 points (1350 vs. 1360) on the old trade value chart. A very fair price to pay for New England to land its quarterback of the future.

First, the Niners are NOT going to pass on a LBer. That just isn't going to happen with Foster about 20 seconds from being let go - and them needing a LB anyways. Second, that they'd go from 9th to the bottom third of the draft - especially when 3 of the 8 picks up until that point were QBs? And we are supposed to be moving up to 5 to take Allen and NOT Rosen?

This is some joke of a mock draft retro-fitting moves to fit a solution he had pre-programmed into his brain. Total BS.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Bear in mind that NE gifted SF Garrapolo. By the look of it, they have a good relationship, and Shanahan and BB are tight.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Bear in mind that NE gifted SF Garrapolo. By the look of it, they have a good relationship, and Shanahan and BB are tight.

It would take great friends to do something like that and not what is best for the organization.

We are in a position to beat any offer NE makes

Teams in their right mind should not be in the business of HELPING the patriots.....who have dominated the league for years....they should be hoping for the fall of Rome here pretty soon when Brady hangs them up.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Be bold and decisive and go get your guy - if you wait or try to get too cute you will get scooped...

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Can we settle down with the JG love?  He played 3 games and NE was going to get a super high 2nd.  He played well last year, against mostly bad teams.

he may be really good but NE also has Brady. Should they keep 2 qbs for like $40 million? Honestly, I hope everyone keeps driving up SF’s hype. I’ll bet the under.

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Supposedly the 22nd pick this year is no different than the 55th.  Peter King and other sources have reported this.  Apparently the draft pick draft value chart is irrelevant.  Teams would much rather have our 2 2nds over our 1 first.

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Can we settle down with the JG love?  He played 3 games and NE was going to get a super high 2nd.  He played well last year, against mostly bad teams.

he may be really good but NE also has Brady. Should they keep 2 qbs for like $40 million? Honestly, I hope everyone keeps driving up SF’s hype. I’ll bet the under.

The Patriots could have gotten more for him but traded him to SF because Belichick wanted to put him in a good situation and because Belichick thinks that Kyle Shanahan is a great football mind and wanted to help him. Say whatever you want, but they did SF a solid. I think he's an excellent player who will have a good career barring injury. SF obviously thinks so too given how much they paid him.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/1/5/16856502/patriots-espn-report-bill-belichick-49ers-kyle-shanahan-jimmy-garoppolo

Edited by dave mcbride