Sean Payton doesn't see an Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz in this draft

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is the first thread I created in 2 weeks.  Am I looking for attention?  LOL.   Hell I was surprised it got so much attention.  

WHY did I post it?    

1) This thread is not the same Mock Draft crocks for threads that have been opened.  

2). If it is realistic it should be a warning to the couch GM’s here.   

Does anyone care?  I am sure some do.  

So, you thought a quote coming less than 2 weeks before the draft by a Head Coach who is drafting late in the 1st round and in no position to draft any of the top QBs, but is probably ready to pounce on any potential QB who falls to him as his eventual replacement has any credibility whatsoever?

C'mon man. 

This isn't even Bills worthy.

It should be in some other "Around the NFL" forum.

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean how much digging around do you think Payton did? The guy doesn’t need a qb and he has plenty of other things to concern himself with. 

Sorry if this news news doesn’t mean anything to me. 

Granted it could all be mumbo jumbo.   

I will add that while the Saints may not need on this year they may need one maybe next year or 2020.  

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yep.   Better to use message board "experts" who have all the answers?   :lol:

Yes. If they had listened to them we would have had our franchise QB John Skelton years ago!

[ I think that the board change to new software was a way to bury the bodies on that foobar ]

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So, you thought a quote coming less than 2 weeks before the draft by a Head Coach who is drafting late in the 1st round and in no position to draft any of the top QBs, but is probably ready to pounce on any potential QB who falls to him as his eventual replacement has any credibility whatsoever?

C'mon man. 

This isn't even Bills worthy.

It should be in some other "Around the NFL" forum.

Me thinks you protest too much.  

I posted a story and said I wouldn’t want the Bills to spend a lot of cap capital IF what Sean said was true.  

Feel free to call Sean Payton out on his perspective.   

Feel free to argue my stance on overspending for the group of 5 or 6 QB’s that by the stories written there isn’t a clear front runner or two.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Me thinks you protest too much.  

I posted a story and said I wouldn’t want the Bills to spend a lot of cap capital IF what Sean said was true.  

Feel free to call Sean Payton out on his perspective.   

Feel free to argue my stance on overspending for the group of 5 or 6 QB’s that by the stories written there isn’t a clear front runner or two.  

I really don't care, actually. 

I just find it ironic because you often complain about other people starting useless threads, which this is, or posting them in the wrong forum, which this probably is.

But have your fun  :thumbsup:

45 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

I get it.

I disagree with your comment.

I disagree with basing ANY opinion on what a coach on another team says who has a stake in a qb falling to them. 

The article is the article and I thank you for the read.

I was simply saying I think the issue is that you seemed to put stock in it and asked people if they agree. 

It's why you garnered the responses you did.

Maybe transplant was right.  I wanted “attention”.   But seriously.  

I had an inkling that this would raise some hackles.  

Looks like my hunch was right.  

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I really don't care, actually. 

I just find it ironic because you often complain about other people starting useless threads, which this is, or posting them in the wrong forum, which this probably is.

But have your fun  :thumbsup:

Is this a useless thread?   

Honestly, if it were we wouldn’t be conversing right now. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Brees is still playing at a high level but I think they will draft his successor this year 

Now who just thought that??? :D ;) :beer:

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

I'm sure the irony of this is lost on you, Shady, but I'm done in here.  Have fun.

By transplant it has been enjoyable conversing with you.  

When Beane was talking all sorts of stuff about TT being the Bills QB in 2018 people gobbled it up.  

Now people don’t believe a HC.  

Darn you to hell dunkirk don!!!

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/29865/sean-payton-doesnt-see-an-andrew-luck-or-carson-wentz-in-this-years-draft

If Sean Payton doesn't see an Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz in this draft ---  if what he says is true then we definitely should not over spend any draft capitol 

discuss. 

Sean Payton is looking for a successor to Drew Brees. Do you think that he is gonna lay his hand on the table a week and a half before the draft? :rolleyes: Of course this is his response. 

48 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Granted it could all be mumbo jumbo.   

I will add that while the Saints may not need on this year they may need one maybe next year or 2020.  

Right? I almost feel like he’s hoping his guy falls to them. 

50 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I was somewhat on the 'Wentz wagon' the summer before his senior year. I got receipts too :D

I feel like every bills fan has been on almost all senior qbs bandwagons for the last decade. 

7 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Terrific Payton is who I should use to base my future with. A guy who inherited a franchise Hall of Fame QB. Then had knowledge of his staff paying players to hurt others.

Peyton and Brees broth arrived NO in 2006

He also was the QB coach in Dallas who picked up and groomed Romo as an undrafted FA.

He also tried to trade for Romo when he was a backup, before they signed Brees.

The guy knows his QBs.

This is why I think he's trying to get one to drop so they can get him.

• Like (+1) 1