Sean Payton doesn't see an Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz in this draft

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.  Who has Payton ever drafted/ developed that is a legit nfl qb?

that said, watch NO take a qb in the 1st.

I have them trading up for mayfield in my mock (but only to 17)

his system is already set up for him 

but “Bourbon St. Baker” might have zero chill

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Terrific Payton is who I should use to base my future with. A guy who inherited a franchise Hall of Fame QB. Then had knowledge of his staff paying players to hurt others.

Exactly my thought ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have them trading up for mayfield in my mock (but only to 17)

his system is already set up for him 

but “Bourbon St. Baker” might have zero chill

Makes a ton of sense.  Besides Brees, they had Daniel (possibly the best qb Payton has drafted). 

I remember going to Bourbon Street my first time during the NCAAs one year.  I’ve seen/ experience a lot but man, Bourbon street is something else.  Even crazier was BYU was in the tournament then and seeing Mormons who can’t drink caffeine was wild. 

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

So you want to base our teams decisions on what the coach in NO says TO THE MEDIA during smoke season?

Egads!

RELAX ...  I found a story and I posted it.  

IF what an experienced and successful HC said is actually true then my latter statement stands.  (Actually it has stood solid for months now) - do not over pay for a  draft pick who may not work out)  

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/29865/sean-payton-doesnt-see-an-andrew-luck-or-carson-wentz-in-this-years-draft

If Sean Payton doesn't see an Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz in this draft ---  if what he says is true then we definitely should not over spend any draft capitol 

discuss. 

Shady... is this a desperate cry for attention?

Does anyone give a damn what a Head Coach who already has his Franchise QB says about this QB class?

'Tis the season of smoke and mirrors, folks...

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

RELAX ...  I found a story and I posted it.  

IF what an experienced and successful HC said is actually true then my latter statement stands.  (Actually it has stood solid for months now) - do not over pay for a  draft pick who may not work out)  

No one is unrelaxed. I simply asked a question. 

It's not even a crazy question as other people seem to have posed the same one I did.

Maybe the way you framed the question is the issue.  With respect, my initial answer was the most common answer in the thread. That should tell you all you need to know.

I'm all for people posting articles, but people take away what they will. The additional question is prob the downfall if there is deemed to be one.

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Shady... is this a desperate cry for attention?

Does anyone give a damn what a Head Coach who already has his Franchise QB says about this QB class?

'Tis the season of smoke and mirrors, folks...

This is the first thread I created in 2 weeks.  Am I looking for attention?  LOL.   Hell I was surprised it got so much attention.  

WHY did I post it?    

1) This thread is not the same Mock Draft crocks for threads that have been opened.  

2). If it is realistic it should be a warning to the couch GM’s here.   

Does anyone care?  I am sure some do.  

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

No one is unrelated. I simply asked a question. 

It's not even a crazy question as other people seem to have posed the same one.

Maybe the way you framed the question is the issue.  With respect, my initial answer was the most common answer in the thread. That should tell you all you need to know.

I'm all for people posting articles, but people take away what they will. The additional question is prob the downfall of there is deemed to be one.

Yes people are dismissing it and I don’t blame them.  

Again IF it has merit it shouldn’t be just tossed in the trash.  

See how well it is being “discussed “. 

At first it seemed to me like you were blaming me for the story.   I just posted it.   

My comment was to be wary about overpaying for a qb.  

54 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is the first thread I created in 2 weeks.  Am I looking for attention?  LOL.   Hell I was surprised it got so much attention.  

WHY did I post it?    

1) This thread is not the same Mock Draft crocks for threads that have been opened.  

2). If it is realistic it should be a warning to the couch GM’s here.   

Does anyone care?  I am sure some do.  

Yes people are dismissing it and I don’t blame them.  

Again IF it has merit it shouldn’t be just tossed in the trash.  

See how well it is being “discussed “. 

At first it seemed to me like you were blaming me for the story.   I just posted it.   

My comment was to be wary about overpaying for a qb.  

I get it.

I disagree with your comment.

I disagree with basing ANY opinion on what a coach on another team says who has a stake in a qb falling to them. 

The article is the article and I thank you for the read.

I was simply saying I think the issue is that you seemed to put stock in it and asked people if they agree. 

It's why you garnered the responses you did.

Why is everyone over analyzing every statement by every person as if anyone is actually telling the truth.

I mean what do you expect a HC to say who might be in the market for a QB?  That so and so is the next Brees and we must go get him?  I mean, they are not going to tip their hand, especially given Brees is nearing the end of his career and they could see a guy like Mason or Lamar later in the first as possible targets.  So of course they are going to play it down rather than try and put any buzz behind a guy they want to fall to them.  

6 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Terrific Payton is who I should use to base my future with. A guy who inherited a franchise Hall of Fame QB. Then had knowledge of his staff paying players to hurt others.

Im not sure if aggressively targeting a free agent is “inheriting” and I’m also not sure drew was projected to be a HOF candidate at that point. 

Also, I’m sure that pools were that rare. Somewhere upwards of about 25 teams had ties to players that said “so what, everyone does that stuff” 

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean how much digging around do you think Payton did? The guy doesn’t need a qb and he has plenty of other things to concern himself with. 

Sorry if this news news doesn’t mean anything to me. 

This post is like the Mavis Discount Tire radio spot.