Pay Kelvin Benjamin or Let Him Test Free Agency

Re-sign Benjamin at Market Rate or Let Him Become a UFA  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign Benjamin or Let Him Test the UFA Market?

On 16/04/2018 at 11:36 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

How much is Kelvin Benjamin worth?

Doesn't he look a lot lighter to you.  Seems to have trimmed down. 

On 16/04/2018 at 1:25 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not just boost his offer, but if I'm KB, I want to know who is throwing to me on the Bills and what they got before I re-up. 

And if I'm the Bills, I want to see what KB shows and can he stay healthy before I back up the truck for him.  I wasn't impressed last year, frankly, though I acknowledge he played hurt.

Is it just me or does he look a bit pudgy and not very cut?

Ha.  I said opposite.  Check the pics from buffalobills.com.  he actually looks leaner to me  

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Ha.  I said opposite.  Check the pics from buffalobills.com.  he actually looks leaner to me  

Could be. That would be good for him from both a health and production perspective if so. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

On WGR he said he's much leaner this year.

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

That there’s some risk would ideally save money. That’s the reason. 

If we're playing the what if game, you could possibly save money by not signing him as well.  What if you sign him, he very much under performs or injures again, and you have to cut/trade.  End up with a huge dead cap hit and continues the situation we are in this season, with all those crap contracts.

I don't really think either side is very interested in signing a longer term contract at this point.  The bills would want some insurances in case of injury or lack of performance, KB would want to be guaranteed what he thinks he is worth.  For those reasons it is highly unlikely any contract extension gets done at this point.

On 4/25/2018 at 1:38 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Could be. That would be good for him from both a health and production perspective if so. 

Definitely.

Your knee, in single leg stance (so just during walking while on one leg) takes 4x your body weight LBS per square inch of pressure (psi).

That's not running or jumping, just standing on one leg.

So 225 is 900lbs of pressure

210 is 840lbs and so on

Knee health is directly related to body weight in many ways.

Best thing for him is to cut 15+lbs

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheBeane said:

If we're playing the what if game, you could possibly save money by not signing him as well.  What if you sign him, he very much under performs or injures again, and you have to cut/trade.  End up with a huge dead cap hit and continues the situation we are in this season, with all those crap contracts.

I don't really think either side is very interested in signing a longer term contract at this point.  The bills would want some insurances in case of injury or lack of performance, KB would want to be guaranteed what he thinks he is worth.  For those reasons it is highly unlikely any contract extension gets done at this point.

You said there was no reason. I was just giving the possible reason. Not saying it’s a slam dunk towork out.  You guarantee a bit extra, give a little less per year, he gets some coin in his pocket up front....

its a risk but that’s how you get a discount if you want one.