Pay Kelvin Benjamin or Let Him Test Free Agency

Re-sign Benjamin at Market Rate or Let Him Become a UFA  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign Benjamin or Let Him Test the UFA Market?

sign him in a way you can extend or cut after this season.  

Whatever you guarantee make it come off of the 2019 books if you cut ties due to another injury or him not performing.  

More Sammy Watkins $ talk.  Yup, he got Paid, but has he produced at the lever of his paycheck?   (and yeah, I can lay blame on the QB passing the ball in 21016, but not 2017).  

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

How on earth did Sammy get $16 million a year?

stupidity if you ask me 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

These sorts of discussions/negotiations would make me turn to drinking if I was an NFL GM.   Benjamin did close to nothing as a Buffalo Bill last year, and then got seriously injured when the team needed him most. This doesn't make him a bad person, but I would love to see a player who comes in and says "give me another chance to prove myself, and then I'll be back asking to get paid".

Why would pay him now with his history of knee injuries?

If he can play this upcoming full season and put up 1000+, then maybe you entertain it.

Nothing worse than long-term saddling yourself to a player who can't stay on the field.  Gotta wait and see on this one.

He is basically playing for his NFL future this season.  If Benjamin has a big year he will get a #1 WR contract here or elsewhere.  If he doesn't he will be cast as no more than a #2 possession guy for the remainder of his time in the league and be paid accordingly.  

If I am the Bills I am letting it play out and taking a decision on whether to pay him in January and February next year.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 5:54 AM, GunnerBill said:

He is basically playing for his NFL future this season.  If Benjamin has a big year he will get a #1 WR contract here or elsewhere.  If he doesn't he will be cast as no more than a #2 possession guy for the remainder of his time in the league and be paid accordingly.  

If I am the Bills I am letting it play out and taking a decision on whether to pay him in January and February next year.  

Agreed.

It would be crazy to pay him now.