Pay Kelvin Benjamin or Let Him Test Free Agency

Re-sign Benjamin at Market Rate or Let Him Become a UFA  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign Benjamin or Let Him Test the UFA Market?

21 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

I’m just happy he’s there. We’ve all heard **** about him coming into camp overweight and out of shape. Hopefully in his contract year he kills it.

On that note. The pictures of Star look promising. Looks to be in great shape. Hopefully he's ready to dominate inside.

Let's see how he looks by at least week 8 of this season and then we'll have a better idea of if he is worth re-signing at that time or having him test out UFA.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He did. The question is how many trips he made to Paula’s donuts in the off-season. 

By the looks of that video up above, he looks like he's getting himself in shape for this very important contract year coming up.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He did. The question is how many trips he made to Paula’s donuts in the off-season. 

just making sure we don't have the tannehill situation where he he decides it'll heal on it's own and tears in camp cause it's not healed.  I'd bet he's in big time shape with the money being thrown around.  he's gonna want 80 mil or so. could be in for a big year

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Crazy as it may be to let him test FA, but that’s what’s id do.  I just don’t think he’s ever going to be healthy and his speed will only deteriorate.  He’s good for us in 2018, but I wouldn’t want to pay him any more than 8 mill a year.  I’d much rather have Robert Woods at 8 mill than KB.  If he stays healthy, letting him go could bite us, I just don’t see it happening.  He’s gonna get his knees pounded on catch after catch.

I have to agree with this assessment. 

Coming back in to camp he will be his usual self = fat Benjamin. 

That's not good for a bad set of knees.

Let's hold off extending him. The market is too damn high. It'll fall when people realize these guys ain't worth it.

rent_too_high_candidate_eviction-e142260

I don't know about all those other wr's ,but, Sammy Watkins has not shown yet that he is worth the money the Chiefs paid to get him.  And, if he goes down again, he won't be worth the big time contract.  (he will be injured again imho)

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I'd say if he is willing to take a deal now that paying him is worth it, but likely he will wait and hope to boost his offer. 

Not just boost his offer, but if I'm KB, I want to know who is throwing to me on the Bills and what they got before I re-up. 

And if I'm the Bills, I want to see what KB shows and can he stay healthy before I back up the truck for him.  I wasn't impressed last year, frankly, though I acknowledge he played hurt.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How much is Kelvin Benjamin worth?

Is it just me or does he look a bit pudgy and not very cut?

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not just boost his offer, but if I'm KB, I want to know who is throwing to me on the Bills and what they got before I re-up. 

And if I'm the Bills, I want to see what KB shows and can he stay healthy before I back up the truck for him.  I wasn't impressed last year, frankly, though I acknowledge he played hurt.

Is it just me or does he look a bit pudgy and not very cut?

He's always been that way.