Broncos Release CJ Anderson

10 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

If the Broncos did this to get Saquon Barkely, this is NOT good news for Buffalo, meaning the Giants are likely going to go QB.

Giants may trade down instead .... therefore Barkley there at 5

or, Denver may want to trade up for Barkley... it was rumored back at combine time they were trying to get to 1. Could see them getting to 2, NYG to 5. That would suck but NYG could still just take Chubb or Nelson there and QBs keep falling 

1 minute ago, BrotherChazz said:

Who do you have as the Browns second pick? Chubb? Giants going QB?

Browns - Derwin James

giants - trade down to 12

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Giants may trade down instead .... therefore Barkley there at 5

or, Denver may want to trade up for Barkley... it was rumored back at combine time they were trying to get to 1

Browns - Derwin James

giants - trade down to 12

From your lips to the NFL Draft God's ears I sure hope you are right and it's either Darnold or Rosen

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

so barkley available at 5 or maybe they think they get a guy later? odd move

Anderson is 27 and is coming off a 1000 yard season so he will get plenty of interest from other teams. This was purely a salary cap move by the Broncos. It will save them 4.5 million on the cap. They know it's a running back rich draft and will find his replacement this way at a much cheaper price tag.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Or to sit at 5 and see if Rosen drops

I hate giving up more picks than necessary, but you have to make sure you don't get scooped by another team moving up to 2 and/or 4 & the Jets...

Can't screw around and get too fancy

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I hate giving up more picks than necessary, but you have to make sure you don't get scooped by another team moving up to 2 and/or 4 & the Jets...

Can't screw around and get too fancy

I agree. It would be the cherry on the sundae if we could get him later but can’t take that chance. Can do that with other positions, not this one.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2018-04-16 at 11:09 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup, Miami is super dumb.  How that franchise isn’t better is crazy.  Imagine Buffalo with Miami’s weather.  Insane how they don’t get every FA for less than market value.

And, more importantly no State tax in Florida

On 2018-04-16 at 2:08 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I agree. It would be the cherry on the sundae if we could get him later but can’t take that chance. Can do that with other positions, not this one.

Agreed