Why no Josh Allen for a visit?

I wouldn't worry about it.  I still think he's one of their top guys.  I can't prove it.  The only thing I can say is what I've been saying in other threads this morning.  Allen FITS the personality that Beane and McD want to represent what the Bills are building.

Again, I can't prove anything but it wouldn't shock me one bit that their QB board looks like this:

1)  Darnold

2)  Allen

Anyone else after Allen would have to have the same personality traits.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And i said scout went a grand total of 1 live game from him. 

They were at numerous games from rosen and darnold mayfield and Rudolph. 

A grand total of 1 for Allen. 

Yes, but that is probably partly due to their being few to no other NFL prospects at Wyoming or their opponents.

not saying the bills are gonna draft him, but I think he has gotten a pretty good look from the Bills.

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Yea but they met with him at senior bowl, combine and did a private workout with him. I’d say he has had just about the same amount of time from the Bills.

This is reasonable and not a bad joke, so thanks for that.  I think we like two of Darnold, Allen, Rosen; not sure which two.  If our evaluation leads them to believe in Allen, I am quite happy taking him.  He has the highest upside.  I prefer Darnold.  If we are able to trade up to #2 and do so before the draft, that would obviously indicate we have two acceptable candidates, whoever they are.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  I still think he's one of their top guys.  I can't prove it.  The only thing I can say is what I've been saying in other threads this morning.  Allen FITS the personality that Beane and McD want to represent what the Bills are building.

Again, I can't prove anything but it wouldn't shock me one bit that their QB board looks like this:

1)  Darnold

2)  Allen

That's the big question isn't it. Does the board look the way you have it, and that's what scares me.

28 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

With the Bills having special visits with the other top guys, including visiting Darnold in LA. Are you surprised we haven't brought in Allen?

Does it mean anything? Is he their guy or do they have no interest?

It could be they believe he is going number 1 to Browns, they have no interest in him, or he is the guy they covet?

What say you?

Didn't the Bills have a private workout with Allen?
Edit: if they did, they successfully kept it quiet.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Yes, but that is probably partly due to their being few to no other NFL prospects at Wyoming or their opponents.

not saying the bills are gonna draft him, but I think he has gotten a pretty good look from the Bills.

Lets also not forget that Allen name was being Force Fed to the Media from the Bills just a couple weeks ago. 

You think an NFL FO is going to force out there their top prospect?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Lets also not forget that Allen name was being Force Fed to the Media from the Bills just a couple weeks ago. 

It’s literally leaked out that Buffalo’s favorite QB in the class is every single QB at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Lol, I think you are misunderstanding my point.

i don’t know who the bills have as their top prospect, I just think they have given Allen as many shakes as the others.

Just now, DCOrange said:

It’s literally leaked out that Buffalo’s favorite QB in the class is every single QB at this point.

Not one of them had media say “forced” “pushed out there hard” etc etc like Allen was. 

Lol, I think you are misunderstanding my point.

i don’t know who the bills have as their top prospect, I just think they have given Allen as many shakes as the others.

They should he is a top QB. But i also think the constant Bills being linked to him is very lazy. 

Just now, horned dogs said:

That's the big question isn't it. Does the board look the way you have it, and that's what scares me.

It scares me too, but it's what I'm accepting this week.  From a football standpoint, I want Rosen or Mayfield, but the more and more I hear Beane and McD especially speak, they are about culture just as much as they are about talent.  There's just too much happening around Rosen right now that's a distraction and this is not something you want around someone that is the leader of what you are putting out there.  Mayfield says some things that no matter what anyone says to him he's not going to change his stance on it.  I'm a bit bummed about it, but you can't change people.  It's who they are.

I think Rosen is the best QB in the draft.  I would not be surprised at all to see him and Mayfield slip out of the top 5 with all the stuff surrounding them.  Here's the other thing too.  I'm not saying this is the case but notice how the Bills had Mayfield and Rosen and Rudolph in for visits.  AFTER those they went out to see and work with Darnold.  Beane also admitted that some of the pre-visits are smokescreens.  They probably were not set up to be smokescreens but once they interviewed the guy it got categorized as such.  Did they not like what they saw and heard in the interviews/visits with Rosen and Mayfield and decided that they will have to make the ultimate sacrifice?  Are they staying off of Allen because they have a legitimate interest?  Certainly, you bring in and visit everyone you can, but I just think that as we get closer to the draft their pecking order is becoming a lot clearer.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Didn't the Bills have a private workout with Allen?

YES, they did.  I saw it in an article somewhere but can't remember.  I think it was a USA Today article.  Notice how, not many people even know this is the case.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

It scares me too, but it's what I'm accepting this week.  From a football standpoint, I want Rosen or Mayfield, but the more and more I hear Beane and McD especially speak, they are about culture just as much as they are about talent.  There's just too much happening around Rosen right now that's a distraction and this is not something you want around someone that is the leader of what you are putting out there.  Mayfield says some things that no matter what anyone says to him he's not going to change his stance on it.  I'm a bit bummed about it, but you can't change people.  It's who they are.

I think Rosen is the best QB in the draft.  I would not be surprised at all to see him and Mayfield slip out of the top 5 with all the stuff surrounding them.  Here's the other thing too.  I'm not saying this is the case but notice how the Bills had Mayfield and Rosen and Rudolph in for visits.  AFTER those they went out to see and work with Darnold.  Beane also admitted that some of the pre-visits are smokescreens.  They probably were not set up to be smokescreens but once they interviewed the guy it got categorized as such.  Did they not like what they saw and heard in the interviews/visits with Rosen and Mayfield and decided that they will have to make the ultimate sacrifice?  Are they staying off of Allen because they have a legitimate interest?  Certainly, you bring in and visit everyone you can, but I just think that as we get closer to the draft their pecking order is becoming a lot clearer.

I think Darnold is their number 1. The tea leaves are just too strong.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

1)  Darnold

2)  Allen

Who cares about personality if you can’t throw accurately...

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

I'm starting to have some wonder whether or not that we have Rosen ahead of Allen.

I'm more afraid and somber now than weeks ago.  Talent, Polish and readiness, you take Rosen ahead of Allen everytime in my book.  But I'm not going to be with the person in meetings, at breakfast so on and so forth.  I'm not asking him to represent something that I've built.  

Just now, horned dogs said:

I think Darnold is their number 1. The tea leaves are just too strong.

Agreed.  He's their #1 guy.  I have no doubts about this now.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Who cares about personality if you can’t throw accurately...

You can say that, but then after games the QB has to speak.  If you are a GM are you going to have to worry about coming in and cleaning up something that they guy has said?  Those are questions that you have to ask yourself with Rosen and Mayfield.  Again, only looking at this from a talent perspective I agree with you.  That's not how I think Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott are looking at this.  I think they are looking at it from the perspective of talent as well as personality fit within the culture.

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I'm more afraid and somber now than weeks ago.  Talent, Polish and readiness, you take Rosen ahead of Allen everytime in my book.  But I'm not going to be with the person in meetings, at breakfast so on and so forth.  I'm not asking him to represent something that I've built.  

Agreed.  He's their #1 guy.  I have no doubts about this now.

I think until recently, they felt there was no chance they got Darnold.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-make-josh-allen-the-top-pick-cards-trade-up-for-josh-rosen/

This actually makes pretty good sense.