Why no Josh Allen for a visit?

1 hour ago, MTLBills said:

I don't think he is who the Bills covet.

Face of the matter is the QB we select must be ready to start Day 1. Only QBs who fit that mold are Darnold, Rosen and maybe Mayfield.

I believe this is the case as well. I also think they are looking for a pocket passer which is why they haven’t brought Jackson in.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Not worth a top 12 pick, why bother

This gives me even more confidence in the Bills staff that they put value on a feel for the game and production when evaluating prospects.

1 hour ago, MTLBills said:

I don't think he is who the Bills covet.

Face of the matter is the QB we select must be ready to start Day 1. Only QBs who fit that mold are Darnold, Rosen and maybe Mayfield.

Tribinsky didn't start for the Bears day 1, Watson didn't start for the Texans day 1,  Aaron Rogers didn't start for the pack day 1........sooooooo...I don't agree w you on that statement.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I think until recently, they felt there was no chance they got Darnold.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-make-josh-allen-the-top-pick-cards-trade-up-for-josh-rosen/

This actually makes pretty good sense.

Makes extremely good sense that there's a chance and that's why they up and left town to go see Darnold at the last minute ... but I see the Giants as being more likely to trade #2 with the Broncos (Rosen is their presumed choice) , Jets & Mayfield at 3, Cleveland at 4 (Barkley/Chubb/DB).

Possible that the Bills and Giants make that second trade to move up to 5. Giants get a running back at 12, a Guard at 22, pick up a second rounder from Denver (OT/DL), a second rounder from us (WR).

56 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Yea but they met with him at senior bowl, combine and did a private workout with him. I’d say he has had just about the same amount of time from the Bills as the others.

When did they have a private workout with him? That is the whole point of this thread, they have not.

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

When did they have a private workout with him? That is the whole point of this thread, they have not.

“Allen recently had a private workout for the Buffalo Bills and has another scheduled with the Jets in early April.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2018/03/23/wyoming-qb-josh-allen-hopes-accuracy-questions-answered-pro-day/454448002/

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Tribinsky didn't start for the Bears day 1, Watson didn't start for the Texans day 1,  Aaron Rogers didn't start for the pack day 1........sooooooo...I don't agree w you on that statement.

Watson started week 2 after having played the second half of the 1st game... I really doubt the Bills dealt Tyrod to draft a project and have a career backup start week 1. I believe they would have kept Taylor if they want to have a rookie QB sit.

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

Right before his pro day 3/23

5 minutes ago, billspro said:

I thought the point of the thread was they didn’t have him in for a visit. Which is significant to me. 

1 minute ago, billspro said:

That was definitely quiet 

They were already going to Laramie. They haven’t made any special efforts with him. One scout to see one game. Every other meeting and workout was convenient. Senior bowl, combine, pro day. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right before his pro day 3/23

I thought the point of the thread was they didn’t have him in for a visit. Which is significant to me. 

For sure. A private visit is > a private workout after a pro day.

I believe they have had both with all of the other top guys.

Neither Allen nor Jackson were in for visits or had a pre-draft workout. Highly unlikely Bills targrt either player. The common denominator between the two is a low completion percentage (accuracy concerns) and being physical freaks. Both are also seen as raw talents that need time to develop. This regime may just prefer players that are more ready to perform early. 

They have had combine and/or Senior Bowl interviews but not the extensive in depth meetings ( at least not anything that I have seen reported). 

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

Neither Allen nor Jackson were in for visits or had a pre-draft workout. Highly unlikely Bills targrt either player. The common denominator between the two is a low completion percentage (accuracy concerns) and being physical freaks. Both are also seen as raw talents that need time to develop. This regime may just prefer players that are more ready to perform early. 

They did work out Allen. But I’ve repeated that point constantly about readiness to play. The trading of TT and then lack of urgency in signing a FA QB told me all I needed to know about the type of QB they want to draft. 

Also, they harp on wanting rookies who are experienced and “ready” to play as shown by their picks last year. Beane wasn’t here but he/Carolina had Tre, Dawkins and Zay in for visits or private workout. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They did work out Allen. But I’ve repeated that point constantly about readiness to play. The trading of TT and then lack of urgency in signing a FA QB told me all I needed to know about the type of QB they want to draft. 

You probably answered this already but when did they have a workout with him?