Gronk to be traded before start 2018 season - Boston Radio

3 hours ago, mjt328 said:

WAS he the best tight end to ever play?  Maybe.

But what he was in the past is completely irrelevant.

The guy is broken down, and isn't sure if he even wants to play in 2018. 

Any team that trades for him is idiotic.  (Like the Bills constantly re-signing Percy Harvin idiotic...)

He was imo, but to your point he had a healthy year, one of his better years actually.

7 minutes ago, MTBill said:

Nightmare scenario - Gronk + picks to the Giants...  for #2.

I just read they likely won’t trade down even for 3 1st rounders. This wouldn’t be enough given how low their 1sts are to begin with, Gronk’s contract and age. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, first_and_ten said:

Will the Patriots renegotiate his contract? That's the big question. He deserves to be paid as the best tight end in the league. He's below Graham, Kelce and Reed and has 3 years left on his deal.

I doubt it.   

Didn't they just paid him an increase a little while ago.  (a) He's not getting younger.  

Once Belicheat and Brady retire that team will explode from within.  

5 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Gronk plus pick 23 for pick 4?  Cleveland has lots of cap space and is in win now mode

Even the Browns aren't stupid enough to do that.

IMO anybody that makes any kind of a trade with the patriots at this point in time, are idiotcy. .... (had to throw that in) ... They've dominated the league for far too many years, screw them.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I doubt it.   

Didn't they just paid him an increase a little while ago.  (a) He's not getting younger.  

Once Belicheat and Brady retire that team will explode from within.  

I have a gut feeling the Patriots will go super nova this year and I can't wait to see it.