Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Reed83HOF

Gronk to be traded before start 2018 season - Boston Radio

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i definitely would.  he's threatening to retire anyhow.  if you can get a 1st round pick for him then why not?  they have won without him and they will continue to win without him.  for our sake i hope it's not to Cleveland for the #4 pick

Do you really think they can get a 1st? I was thinking 3rd at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

this is all about money

 

gronk wants to be the highest paid TE

 

P.S. you can eliminate a trade to any team on NE's schedule this year

Edited by papazoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

if they did that and got Josh Rosen i think i would have to stop being a football fan.  I can't deal with another dynasty of the Pats winning again

 

Agreed.  We never really talk about this because we don't want to believe it, but what if those bastards just end up reloading instead of rebuilding like the rest of us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Bold choice...Dolphins.

 

Definitely not within the division.  Probably NFC.  If the Pats trade him they don't ever want to see him again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he the best TE to ever play?

 

If so, how much is that worth to someone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i definitely would.  he's threatening to retire anyhow.  if you can get a 1st round pick for him then why not?  they have won without him and they will continue to win without him.  for our sake i hope it's not to Cleveland for the #4 pick

 

16 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Probably get a first for him and he will retire after one year

 

What team is going to offer a 1st round pick for a beaten-up Gronk who has already hinted at retirement?

 

Even if you think you're a Gronk away from winning the SB you don't give up a 1st rounder for one season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Probably get a first for him and he will retire after one year

 

My thoughts exactly.

 

Knowing some of the idiot GMs in this league, they will probably trade New England a 1st Round Pick for him.  He will play about 1 month before going on IR, then will retire in the offseason.

 

Armed with 3 first round picks, the Patriots will trade up for the best QB in the draft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

49ers are a good fit. 

Yeah I’m blanking but can’t even think of who they have at TE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Capco said:

Is he the best TE to ever play?

 

If so, how much is that worth to someone?

 

WAS he the best tight end to ever play?  Maybe.

But what he was in the past is completely irrelevant.

 

The guy is broken down, and isn't sure if he even wants to play in 2018. 

Any team that trades for him is idiotic.  (Like the Bills constantly re-signing Percy Harvin idiotic...)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, papazoid said:

this is all about money

 

gronk wants to be the highest paid TE

 

P.S. you can eliminate a trade to any team on NE's schedule this year

Like Bledsoe?  Odds are if it’s at the end of the season, Gronk would be hurt anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i definitely would.  he's threatening to retire anyhow.  if you can get a 1st round pick for him then why not?  they have won without him and they will continue to win without him.  for our sake i hope it's not to Cleveland for the #4 pick

I don't think the Browns would trade the 4th pick for an injury prone TE who is getting older and talking about retiring, but if there is one team willing to do something ridiculous, it would be Cleveland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I’m blanking but can’t even think of who they have at TE

 

 

George Kittle from Iowa, was a rookie last year and looked ok.  Clearly not Gronk though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eball said:

 

 

What team is going to offer a 1st round pick for a beaten-up Gronk who has already hinted at retirement?

 

Even if you think you're a Gronk away from winning the SB you don't give up a 1st rounder for one season.

 

Not saying I would, just saying the pats will probably get some desperate team to do it. Didn't think cooks was worth the 23rd pick either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I don't think the Browns would trade the 4th pick for an injury prone TE who is getting older and talking about retiring, but if there is one team willing to do something ridiculous, it would be Cleveland

Gronk plus pick 23 for pick 4?  Cleveland has lots of cap space and is in win now mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Gronk plus pick 23 for pick 4?  Cleveland has lots of cap space and is in win now mode

Browns traded up last year and took Njoku in the first round. He is a QB away from being a play maker. 

 

Gronk is just pushing the Pats for more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

NFC please

a reunion with Garrapolo might make some sense..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news that comes out of Boston cant be trusted, bunch of hacks and anger there despite all their success

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PatQ34 said:

to buffalo please ;-)

It won't be an AFCE team. Probably NFC and part of a move -up draft strategy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

 

The guy is broken down, and isn't sure if he even wants to play in 2018. 

Any team that trades for him is idiotic.  (Like the Bills constantly re-signing Percy Harvin idiotic...)

 

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Hes had a bunch of injuries but i wouldnt say hes broken down yet. Hes still one of the most dominant players in the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×