Gronk to be traded before start 2018 season - Boston Radio

39 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i definitely would.  he's threatening to retire anyhow.  if you can get a 1st round pick for him then why not?  they have won without him and they will continue to win without him.  for our sake i hope it's not to Cleveland for the #4 pick

I don't think the Browns would trade the 4th pick for an injury prone TE who is getting older and talking about retiring, but if there is one team willing to do something ridiculous, it would be Cleveland

15 minutes ago, eball said:

What team is going to offer a 1st round pick for a beaten-up Gronk who has already hinted at retirement?

Even if you think you're a Gronk away from winning the SB you don't give up a 1st rounder for one season.

Not saying I would, just saying the pats will probably get some desperate team to do it. Didn't think cooks was worth the 23rd pick either

6 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I don't think the Browns would trade the 4th pick for an injury prone TE who is getting older and talking about retiring, but if there is one team willing to do something ridiculous, it would be Cleveland

Gronk plus pick 23 for pick 4?  Cleveland has lots of cap space and is in win now mode

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Gronk plus pick 23 for pick 4?  Cleveland has lots of cap space and is in win now mode

Browns traded up last year and took Njoku in the first round. He is a QB away from being a play maker. 

Gronk is just pushing the Pats for more money.

18 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The guy is broken down, and isn't sure if he even wants to play in 2018. 

Any team that trades for him is idiotic.  (Like the Bills constantly re-signing Percy Harvin idiotic...)

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Hes had a bunch of injuries but i wouldnt say hes broken down yet. Hes still one of the most dominant players in the league

Calling it again.  Gronk is traded to a team like Cleveland to move up in the draft. Belichick gets his QB to replace Brady. Brady retires before the start of the 2018 season.  Gronk retires next off season. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Definitely not within the division.  Probably NFC.  If the Pats trade him they don't ever want to see him again.

I'm just wondering if the fish will do something dumb and send the Pats a bunch of picks, too many to turn down. 

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

I'm not one to overreact to "super teams" but if the Rams get Gronk, it's a wrap, barring an injury plagued season for LA.

I don't think it works like that in the NFL... if there was a 7 game series, sure, they'd probably win.  When the playoffs and Superbowl are one and done, the best team doesn't always win.  Even if they were 80/20 favorites in two playoff games and the superbowl, they'd only be coin-flips to win it all.

3 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I don't think it works like that in the NFL... if there was a 7 game series, sure, they'd probably win.  When the playoffs and Superbowl are one and done, the best team doesn't always win.  Even if they were 80/20 favorites in two playoff games and the superbowl, they'd only be coin-flips to win it all.

Definitely true.  2008 proved that.

14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm not one to overreact to "super teams" but if the Rams get Gronk, it's a wrap, barring an injury plagued season for LA.

The more attitudes you put in a room, the more attitude you get back. 

Not a great strategy and likely wouldn't end well.