Gronk to be traded before start 2018 season - Boston Radio

I think he'll retire before that trade happens - like five minutes before.  I don't think he has a problem sitting on the Pats Reserved/Retired list and try acting until the Pats give up and release him.  He'll rejoin the NFL after a year off where he gets to pick the team.  

12 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i definitely would.  he's threatening to retire anyhow.  if you can get a 1st round pick for him then why not?  they have won without him and they will continue to win without him.  for our sake i hope it's not to Cleveland for the #4 pick

I hate you, diggz.  I mean I hate you!

Why would you put that thought into my head?!

:censored::wallbash:

It is a reasonable thought, though.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I hate you, diggz.  I mean I hate you!

Why would you put that thought into my head?!

:censored::wallbash:

It is a reasonable thought, though.

if they did that and got Josh Rosen i think i would have to stop being a football fan.  I can't deal with another dynasty of the Pats winning again

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

i definitely would.  he's threatening to retire anyhow.  if you can get a 1st round pick for him then why not?  they have won without him and they will continue to win without him.  for our sake i hope it's not to Cleveland for the #4 pick

Do you really think they can get a 1st? I was thinking 3rd at best.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

if they did that and got Josh Rosen i think i would have to stop being a football fan.  I can't deal with another dynasty of the Pats winning again

Agreed.  We never really talk about this because we don't want to believe it, but what if those bastards just end up reloading instead of rebuilding like the rest of us?

27 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

16 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Probably get a first for him and he will retire after one year

What team is going to offer a 1st round pick for a beaten-up Gronk who has already hinted at retirement?

Even if you think you're a Gronk away from winning the SB you don't give up a 1st rounder for one season.

21 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Probably get a first for him and he will retire after one year

My thoughts exactly.

Knowing some of the idiot GMs in this league, they will probably trade New England a 1st Round Pick for him.  He will play about 1 month before going on IR, then will retire in the offseason.

Armed with 3 first round picks, the Patriots will trade up for the best QB in the draft.

10 minutes ago, Capco said:

Is he the best TE to ever play?

If so, how much is that worth to someone?

WAS he the best tight end to ever play?  Maybe.

But what he was in the past is completely irrelevant.

The guy is broken down, and isn't sure if he even wants to play in 2018. 

Any team that trades for him is idiotic.  (Like the Bills constantly re-signing Percy Harvin idiotic...)

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, papazoid said:

this is all about money

gronk wants to be the highest paid TE

P.S. you can eliminate a trade to any team on NE's schedule this year

Like Bledsoe?  Odds are if it’s at the end of the season, Gronk would be hurt anyways.