Trade Benjamin and Shady if They Don't Get THEIR QB

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

It's working for the Sabres so...

lets just wait until the season starts at minimum........maybe just maybe it could go better than last season....

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:bag: We haven't even made it to the draft, a minicamp, or TC at SJF and we already have our first thread advocating tanking the 2018 season.  

Some here are afraid of winning. They don't know how to handle it

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Who are they tanking for in 2019?  I'll hang up and listen.  

I actually heard the 2021 qb class is the one we should really aim for!

honestly, there is a valid point to this.  McCoy’s value drops every year.  Benjamin has no trade value though.  But if it was around the trade deadline and weren’t going anywhere, you are better off maximizing your assets.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I actually heard the 2021 qb class is the one we should really aim for!

honestly, there is a valid point to this.  McCoy’s value drops every year.  Benjamin has no trade value though.  But if it was around the trade deadline and weren’t going anywhere, you are better off maximizing your assets.

I'm not sure McCoy's value is all that much. He will be 30 at the start of the season AND he has a fairly large contract. The Broncos just had to cut CJ Anderson because they couldn't find a trade partner. There just isn't much value in a 30-year old RB with a large contract.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not going to happen.  McDermott and Beane will try to win as many games as possible this season. 

To be fair Sammy, Darby, Seymour, and Dareus were all traded.

Clearly Shady means vastly more to this team, however if we do miss on a top signal caller their year...

Might have to face a rebuild head-on.

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

To be fair Sammy, Darby, Seymour, and Dareus were all traded.

Clearly Shady means vastly more to this team, however if we do miss on a top signal caller their year...

Might have to face a rebuild head-on.

Those players Watkins, Darby, and Dareus were deemed to not be fits for the current regime due to personality and cap considerations.  They subsequently gave Shady additional dollars and traded for Benjamin with both being two of the only legit weapons on offense.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Those players Watkins, Darby, and Dareus were deemed to not be fits for the current regime due to personality and cap considerations.  They subsequently gave Shady additional dollars and traded for Benjamin with both being two of the only legit weapons on offense.

At the time of those trades who were out options beyond those guys? Rookies and Matthews/Holmes? In Dareus case we really cut off our nose to spite our face.

I'm not disagreeing those guys are our only legit weapons, but Shady is up there in age and costs a lot and Benjamin has to really prove him self this year otherwise Matthews all over again.

22 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I'm not sure McCoy's value is all that much. He will be 30 at the start of the season AND he has a fairly large contract. The Broncos just had to cut CJ Anderson because they couldn't find a trade partner. There just isn't much value in a 30-year old RB with a large contract.

True... but there is CJ Anderson..... and then there is Shady McCoy.  You wouldn't get the 2nd round value we got with Kiko but you might get a 4th or a 5th or something.  

Benjamin is a FA next year so he doesn't effect 2019 unless we want him to.  Why not just use the 63 million (Sal C this weekend said almost 100M) in 2019 on 2019?  Stop worrying so much.  If you follow the bread crumbs it's pretty clear what Beane's plan is and he's executing it.  

Edited by White Linen

44 minutes ago, nucci said:

Some here are afraid of winning. They don't know how to handle it

I myself had to see a psychiatrist to deal with the Bills getting to the postseason. I like structure. Don't do well with change.

Just now, BeefCurtns said:

I myself had to see a psychiatrist to deal with the Bills getting to the postseason. I like structure. Don't do well with change.

Hopefully therapy helped and you have a new outlook on winning teams

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

If the Bills really do have something in place with the Giants at 2, I am fine keeping these guys. If the Bills end up getting a 2nd tier guy at #12, sit him for the full year and trade these two without hesitation. Benjamin will be the most useless #1 receiver in the league this year and good luck to Shady with this offense. Take your lumps with AJ and then next year, hopefully your #12 pick is ready, you will have added pieces left and right in this year's draft and then you have all the FA $$ for 2019.

I have no problem taking the down season for 2018 as I think they will be lined up perfectly for 2019. Nobody wants to get to #2 this year more than me but if there are no takers, it is what it is. Just making the playoffs last year was fun as hell and I see a pretty bright future after this upcoming season. Don't waste Benjamin and Shady when you know damn well neither will be back next year. Collect some more picks for next years draft and we are sitting pretty.

So we are supposed to go from making the playoffs for the first time in what....16 years?  To a total rebiuld?

i dont see it

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So we are supposed to go from making the playoffs for the first time in what....16 years?  To a total rebiuld?

i dont see it

Its time to blow it all up.  We had a good run and made the playoffs and that was all fine and well but its time to get back down to Bills football.  Nuke this thing and lets try for 20+ years without playoffs!! Lets go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Just look how good the tank has worked for the Sabres

It works just not in Buffalo for some reason.. But you have to put that blame on the Pegulas as they chose Tim Murray.  Tim gave up so many players for a quick fix he made us worse

46 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

i dont see it

In what universe is what I said a total rebuild? An aging 30 year RB and a receiver who probably won't be here next year anyway? Exaggerate much?

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Who are they tanking for in 2019?  I'll hang up and listen.  

Exactly! I've heard people talk about not giving up too much and just get the qb next year, next years crop is nothing compared to this years.