Trade Benjamin and Shady if They Don't Get THEIR QB

If the Bills really do have something in place with the Giants at 2, I am fine keeping these guys. If the Bills end up getting a 2nd tier guy at #12, sit him for the full year and trade these two without hesitation. Benjamin will be the most useless #1 receiver in the league this year and good luck to Shady with this offense. Take your lumps with AJ and then next year, hopefully your #12 pick is ready, you will have added pieces left and right in this year's draft and then you have all the FA $$ for 2019.

I have no problem taking the down season for 2018 as I think they will be lined up perfectly for 2019. Nobody wants to get to #2 this year more than me but if there are no takers, it is what it is. Just making the playoffs last year was fun as hell and I see a pretty bright future after this upcoming season. Don't waste Benjamin and Shady when you know damn well neither will be back next year. Collect some more picks for next years draft and we are sitting pretty.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

If the Bills really do have something in place with the Giants at 2, I am fine keeping these guys. If the Bills end up getting a 2nd tier guy at #12, sit him for the full year and trade these two without hesitation. Benjamin will be the most useless #1 receiver in the league this year and good luck to Shady with this offense. Take your lumps with AJ and then next year, hopefully your #12 pick is ready, you will have added pieces left and right in this year's draft and then you have all the FA $$ for 2019.

I have no problem taking the down season for 2018 as I think they will be lined up perfectly for 2019. Nobody wants to get to #2 this year more than me but if there are no takers, it is what it is. Just making the playoffs last year was fun as hell and I see a pretty bright future after this upcoming season. Don't waste Benjamin and Shady when you know damn well neither will be back next year. Collect some more picks for next years draft and we are sitting pretty.

Wouldn't be Buffalo if some didn't want to trade our best players. More draft picks....brilliant

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not going to happen.  McDermott and Beane will try to win as many games as possible this season. 

I couldn't agree more.  Regardless of the moves they make McBeane are ("is" if you consider them one animal) the Black Knight in The Holy Grail when it comes to trying to win.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

If we take any qb in round 1 I want him starting.  It's win win really... either he loses a bunch of games and we get another high pick next year, or he does well and proves his worth.  But sitting on the bench helps us very little unless we think Mcarron is actually a viable long term play.

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

herm.jpg.ef94dbb6a2a75a3e6e1a30987e519922.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JPP said:

Tanking again??  in 20 years we finally made the post season.....so lets just blow it all up.....shame on us we should went farther.....

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Who are they tanking for in 2019?  I'll hang up and listen.  

They are not tanking for anyone and this is not a tanking mentality. This is setting yourself up perfectly for the 2019 season. There are young pieces already here and plenty more will be added after this draft. A smart GM will recognize timing for certain moves and what they did with Sammy should be exactly what they do with Benjamin.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

They are not tanking for anyone and this is not a tanking mentality. This is setting yourself up perfectly for the 2019 season. There are young pieces already here and plenty more will be added after this draft. A smart GM will recognize timing for certain moves and what they did with Sammy should be exactly what they do with Benjamin.

Thread title getting rid of our only good WR on the team and our best offensive player is indeed tanking.......sorry dont see it another way....