Bills sign Jeremy Kerley

26 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i'm curious to see reilly and also malachi dupri.  having a crappy qb his last year in LSU hurt his stock, but i think he has a ton of upside. reilly could turn into a better version of chris hogan.

Agreed I really liked Reilly and think with time he could be a solid WR3

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If we are okay with PED guys I really hope we take a shot at Brian Cushing as a MIKE. 

Murphy, Odighizuwa, Palepoi, Kerley all PED suspended guys I believe. 

Interesting point. I guess character doesn’t involved PEDs.  Weird double standard.

17 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Kerley is a slot type WR kind of confused by the move having Zay on the roster of course maybe they know something we don't.

Not trying to be snarky but they are allowed to have more than one. Especially in April. 

Once KB gets a shoulder to his knee Kerley might be our leading WR

hes not a world beater or a big threat but he’s a nice addition when you look at our current WR unit.  I’m happy with this signing.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I get it we need bodies for camp. Was just looking to fill a void and not stack depth. Especially with someone relatively accomplished.

They need true #1 or at least a decent speed guy. That’s the void. That’s not coming out of FA. They will have to draft one high or trade for one. No one at that level is willingly coming to play with this current qb situation unless the Bills were to massively overpay and even that ship sailed 6 weeks ago. Those guys have options. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Interesting point. I guess character doesn’t involved PEDs.  Weird double standard.

It is a double standard. It seems as though our regime is okay with this type of thing because it is directly related to trying to get on the field and play better for the team. It is a character thing, but very different from a guy punching his wife in the face. I suppose that is the difference. 

2 hours ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Kerley is a slot type WR kind of confused by the move having Zay on the roster of course maybe they know something we don't.

Maybe he's insurance in case Zay can't catch this year either or shows up for camp naked?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The difference is guys who have passion for the game and their team as opposed to lazy, me players out to just collect a paycheck. 

I think that's where the disconnect came with Watkins, Dareus and even rumblings this was the case with Glenn after he got paid.

But at the same time isn't their rumblings of that with Star?

Makes sense. I had not heard that about Star...maybe it was about his conditioning or something? 

4 hours ago, End The Drought said:

Good depth signing. Played pretty good for the 49ers if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how he did for the jets 

Not much for the second stint, but he had Kearse, Anderson, and Sefarian-Jenkins ahead of him and only played half a season.  Fumbled more than one wants to see.  The key issue is he was suspended 4 games for PED, and released after he was reinstated. 

His first stint for the Jets, he did OK as a punt returner.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kerley always played us well when he was with the Jets

He did indeed.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It is a double standard. It seems as though our regime is okay with this type of thing because it is directly related to trying to get on the field and play better for the team. It is a character thing, but very different from a guy punching his wife in the face. I suppose that is the difference. 

It appears to me that they look for “football character”... not necessarily choir boys. 

• Like (+1) 2