For those of you locked in on YOUR QB, which other QB could sway you and why?

Would be cool if Bills were genuinely (and ultimately correctly) in love with someone that is not one of the big 4 as I suspect they will all be over-drafted.  If McDermott and Beane  really liked someone like Rudolph or Luletta best it could be good for us.  We get our QB and don't set our picks on fire.  For the first time perhaps ever (Chuck Knox and Lou Saban being the possible exceptions), I believe in our mgt.  If they think they have to trade the picks I trust them there too.  Clearly they are focused on getting a QB they believe in and I trust them.

I'll come to accept any QB Beane drafts based on the principal that I will allow him to demonstrate his genius over what I perceive based on the non sense handed to us from twitter "mockable drafts" and hearsay.

Who knows but in Beane we trust, he could turn out to be the mad genius that redefines an era of NFL football

• Like (+1) 1

I'm all in on Mayfield .... but ....

I'd be happy with Rosen ... have injury history concerns, but I'm no doctor

I'd be happy with Darnold ... I have concerns with his small sample size of a college career, he could be fools gold, but I'm not a pro scout

I'd be OK with Rudolph ... IMHO he brings the best "value", allowing us to save our picks to better the team

Lauletta, Falk, Ferguson, White, .... This group is kind of like wishing for that new bike for Christmas and getting underwear ... you need the underwear, it's useful, but not as near the fun ... one of these four COULD succeed ... but I don't know. 

I would hate Allen ... just can't get past his completion percentage

I would hate Jackson ... I just don't like the entire concept of a running QB

Bottom line is I truly believe we are getting a QB this draft. I believe in "the process". Whichever one we pick I will be all in because I'm a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TOboy said:

Would love Rosen, would like Darnold but that's highly unlikely, I could live with Baker. 

Just please please no Josh Allen. 

I kinda agree but I like Allen, really hope he does well but too afraid for the Bills to try to develop him. Otherwise, I'm in your boat!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not really locked on to any QB because I know damn well that I have zero control over who the Bills pick, and because we may not be able to get into a position to pick the QB I want anyway.

I am really hoping for Darnold or Rosen. Those are definitely me top 2 choices. I think Rosen has the potential to be the best QB in this draft class. He is the most advanced of any QB in this draft on the field. I love his ability to read defenses and go through his progressions. 

I think both Darnold and Rosen can fit a wide variety of offense's, and I think both have the skill set to be franchise QBs if developed properly. 

But I would also be happy with Mayfield. I think he will require a bit more specific type of offense, but I think he also has a good shot at being a successful NFL QB. I love his passion and drive to be great. But I worry that he will focus too much on the people saying negative things about him. It will either drive him to be great or drive him crazy, not sure which... lol. 

I do worry a bit about both Rosen and Mayfield's ability to avoid injury since both has multiple concussions in college. If you build a strong o line araround Rosen, I think you help limit this risk. Mayfield's play style I think has the possibility to keep putting him at a bit more risk of injury though, and he was adamant even after 2 concussions in 3 weeks that he will Not change his play style. 

I am less sure on Allen, but he does somewhat intrigue me as I think his ceiling is quite  high. I am just skeptical that he can reach it, and his accuracy issues scare me. 

Rudolph and Jackson I am not as high on, but Rudolph does also intrigue me a bit. He has great stats and has improved every year. But I'm not sure he will ever be a true franchise type QB. I see him more as a Dalton type - where he might end up being good enough to win with, but not really good enough to win it all. 

I haven't watched much film on Jackson, so I don't have a real strong opinion on him one way or another. 

Honestly, I am also intrigued by some of the 2nd tier QBs in this draft, like White, Lauletta and even Falk. All will need more development, but could turn out to be mid/late round gems. 

If we do miss out in the top 3-4 QBs in this draft class, I think an interesting idea would be to maybe grab 2 of the 2nd tier guys, since we have so many picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not locked in but would be happy with any of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, and even Rudolph under the right circumstances.

I'd be flexible on any of those.

The only guy who won't sway me is Lamar Jackson.  He's poison to me! 

(Sorry to answer basically with the opposite of what the OP asked for).

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/16/2018 at 6:47 AM, greeneblitz said:

I'd be happy with any of the QBs except for Rosen (I think he's a terrible fit for us in Buffalo and in the locker room) and Jackson (I want nothing to do with another QB that can't stand in the pocket and throw from day one)

I don't like that so much of his value has been running, but it is important to note that a lot of that was on designed runs, and on designed passes his rate of deciding to scramble is actually fairly low.

I'm not so sure what to make of him, but I did want to point out this, and not have his running ability lead people to assume he is a scramble first guy who won't stay in the pocket.  But the number of times Louisville decided to design a run for him makes it harder and more limited to evaluate how he is as a pocket passer, and how he would perform as a Buffalo Bill.

Darnold Josh R. or Baker are my 3

no you can not sway me.. I will give any QB we draft a shot to prove themselves, but the above 3 will have me sleeping much easier this summer

I'm pretty much locked in on Lamar Jackson. Darnold is my #2 QB in the class, and I'd love to have Allen or Mayfield too, but there's really no sense in trading up for one of them when Buffalo can get the guy I want the most at 12 (or maybe a tiny tick above 12).