For those of you locked in on YOUR QB, which other QB could sway you and why?

I know it's hard to believe but a lot of you here at TSW have pretty strong opinions on who they want the bills quarterback to be.  Don't research it, just trust me.

Now 10 days before the draft if you were able to unwrap your mits around your QB crush without going ballistic and entertain the possibility of another QB leading this team in the future, who would that be and why?

I have perseverated over this as much as the rest of you, but maybe not as passionately.

That said, I have been loving me some Baker Mayfield since the mid-fall.  I think he is a winner, competitor, leader and good passer.  

However, if a group of you b**** slapped me and told me, "NO, PICK SOMEONE ELSE!", I think I would anxiously go with Rosen.  Are there flags?  Yes, but I just think the obvious about what has been said about the kid...he is the most NFL football ready and I will take that.

Oh, btw, I know ripping other board members and questioning their humanity and worth on this planet is always a rollicking good time, but maybe we keep that to a minimum and focus on why YOU are picking who you are picking.  It will make this thread much shorter, but hopefully better.

EDIT:  not critical to your response in this thread, however I am thinking about guys who will have a chance of being there when the bills pick. I just don't think, as others do, that Darnold is anywhere in the picture, regardless of moving up, as I expect him first off the board.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I was a Rudolph guy while we held 21 and 22 overall. Seemed like a perfect value and a very solid QB 'spec.

However since we've traded up I've been zeroed in on Rosen or Baker, mainly because I thought we had zero shot at Darnold.

That being said, Rudolph, if fitting the criteria of the original post would be the guy who could away me back.

• Like (+1) 2

Mayfield, Rosen, Allen or Darnold would be fine by me.

I'd prefer Rosen.  My least favorite of those four is Darnold, but I wouldn't be upset if we get him.  I'd feel equally happy with either Allen/Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been on the Mayfield train for a while now. The only other that I'd be ok with would be Rosen. For me, he reminds me a little of Matt Ryan and that guy is pretty darn good. 

Mason Rudolph in the second round....maybe. 

• Like (+1) 1

All in on Rosen for me. I do like Darnold as well. I'd be okay with Josh Allen if he fell. Darnold has really grown on me over time and I understand the upside of Allen. I just hope they would make him sit at least one year. 

I don't like Mayfield for a ton of reasons, the off field stuff, the throat slash, the list, crotch grab are all too "look at me moves." On top of that he is short, comes from a spread offense etc. I have an extreme bias towards short quarterbacks and I am not afraid to admit it. The combination of those things make him untouchable in my mind. I feel he will be a cancer making excuses and blaming teammates. His BS sideshow is perfect for the Jets. He is way more "media driven selfish prick" Rosen than Rosen is. Not sure why people can't see that. 

If all else fails Jackson at 22 I could be sold on because of the immense upside. Drafting Rudolph in the first might make me break my TV.  

• Like (+1) 1

Allen - obvious physical tools, plus watched him with a proper team around him putting beautiful balls on the money at distance in the second half.  I think he can be plenty accurate, which is really what folks seem worried about.  Happy with Darnold, Rudolph, Mayfield or Jackson in that order, no thank you on Rosen.  But even with Rosen, if that guy is who our team wants (and I strongly suspect they don't), I am all in. 

Second half of senior bowl

I've been locked in on Rosen at 2. I would be equally as happy trading up to 2 for Darnold or trading up to the 4-7 range for Mayfield. I would be slightly less happy, but okay if we took Rudolph at 22. And not happy, but content if we took Riley Ferguson with either pick 96 or 121 (or later).

If we trade up to the top I want Rosen or Darnold, I think they are the only two worth going there.  If we have a very reasonable deal to go to ~6, I would be happy with Baker or Allen there, there's enough with them to be interesting but enough cause for concern to not want to give up 22 & 2019 1st.  If we sit at 12 (basically if Giants and Denver go QB and we are doa) then Jackson would be ok.  If something happened we couldn't trade up and Jackson went before 12, I want to use our picks to build the best team around McCarron, add a QB with our picks between 53-65 and see what happens.

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Mayfield, Rosen or Darnold.  I'm not locked onto any particular one, I would be happy with any of these 3.

I'm in this camp myself. any one of these 3 and I would be quite excited.

Any other option I will have to grin and bear it, watch some highlight reels and convince myself that the Bills future is unicorns and rainbows.... Then patiently wait for some preseason games to see if I have anything to really get excited about followed by my mid October reality check

To be honest preseason excitement and October reality check would happen no matter whom we draft

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I've been locked in on Rosen at 2. I would be equally as happy trading up to 2 for Darnold or trading up to the 4-7 range for Mayfield. I would be slightly less happy, but okay if we took Rudolph at 22. And not happy, but content if we took Riley Ferguson with either pick 96 or 121 (or later).

+1

This is where I've been since the offseason began.

Rosen is my top passer and top choice because he's the most polished and ready to play.  However, I would have no problem with:

1)  Darnold

2)  Allen - I've criticized heavily but I think the tools are there.  My only issue is giving up a lot of picks for him.  I'd easily take him at 12.

I only have these two because I don't think the Bills are interested in Mayfield.  I think the Bills QB board looks like this:

1)  Darnold

2)  Allen

3)  Rudolph

4)  Jackson

5)  Falk

While Rosen is my top guy, I'm not sure the Bills are interested in him either.  They are building something and I don't think guys like Rosen, Mayfield fit into what they are building.  I'd be happy to be wrong but I think you have to factor in the culture that they are trying to build and look at the QBs and ask who fits into that.

Edited by NewEraBills