Peter King:. Monday 4-16-18 column.

PIZ

It's getting closer and GMs are still keeping their poker faces on. Just speculation by King here. If he's correct, then 5 or 6 looks like a good target. I don't think the G-men  take a QB at 2, and we know the Browns aren't taking 2 QBs ( I think ..lol) . It's not as rosy a scenario as moving up to #2, but not all bad and not as expensive. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Doesn't sound too promising for a trade up for one of the top QBs.

With each passing day I am feeling this way more and more as well. I think the problem is that most teams willing to trade down just don't want to trade out of the top 10. I also think we might do something crazy like give up four first round picks to move up to 2 or 4. Or three first round picks just to move up to 6.

In one sense, I just can't wait for the draft to get here. The anticipation is killing me at this point.

In another sense, the waiting is the most enjoyable part. Once the draft happens, there's a two and a half month void before football starts again. All of this speculation and guessing is fun. ESPECIALLY for this draft. I can't remember a more important, wide open, fun Bills draft season in the past 20 years. 

10 days.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, greenwithenvy said:

He says he can't find a spot for Rosen in the top 6. Trade with Tampa sounds good to me and a hell of a lot cheaper. 

It's honestly the dream scenario for us to land Rosen at 7.

Would cost ~ 12-65-2019 4th and we'd keep a lot of picks to help actually build a team around him

Edited by Laughing Coffin
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

With each passing day I am feeling this way more and more as well. I think the problem is that most teams willing to trade down just don't want to trade out of the top 10. I also think we might do something crazy like give up four first round picks to move up to 2 or 4. Or three first round picks just to move up to 6.

I think with each passing day the cost of moving up to 2 far outweighs staying put and seeing who falls? There are no sure thing and this year to justify such an expensive trade up. Maybe trade up to 9 or even 7, but no higher. Next year's 1st could be a top 10? Too many unknowns. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's crazy how opinions about QB's change as the draft gets closer.  I was convinced when the Jets traded for #3 it would be Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield with the top three picks in no particular order.  Now Rosen might drop.  Allen may be chosen #1 because it's the Browns.  Denver will probably pass on a quarterback.  Incognito's retirement and our refusal to address the WR or MLB spot in free agency makes me more apprehensive to give anything but our other 1st round pick and a mid round pick to move up to 6 or 7 if Mayfield or Rosen are available.  Who knows what the Giants will do with OBJ and what impact that may have over the draft.  Are the Eagles starting to realize they may get nothing for Nick Foles if they don't trade him for less than their original asking price?  Will New England shock everybody and give up the farm to get a top quarterback even if that's not their M.O.  I can't wait for the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

As long as Giants don't take a QB we are fine. Mayfield or Rosen at 7 would be amazing value and a high likelihood of getting the best QB in the draft anyhow by default. This actually takes the decision out of their hands so they don't screw it up. By the rumors it sounds like a safer pick than what they might be looking to do by trading up anyhow. If they gave up all of those picks to get to 2 and take a potential bust like Allen I think the fans would have a meltdown

I still want the bills to trade up to two to get Rosen or Darold.

whatever it takes.

also, the draft should be scheduled earlier than this. I’ll be 100% excited on draft day but it’s getting to the point where I don’t care what happens 

• Like (+1) 2

I remain convinced that the Mayfield to the Jets thing is a complete smokescreen.  They were among the first NFL teams to scout Josh Allen back in 2016 - I believe they covet Josh Allen.  

What worries me is I think the Bills do too..... and I would not like going to #2 for Allen.  For the other Josh?  Sign me up.  

5 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

It's honestly the dream scenario for us to land Rosen at 7.

Would cost ~ 12-65-2019 4th and we'd keep a lot of picks to help actually build a team around him

Anything that keeps the other First this year and next years is so much winning 

27 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Anything that keeps the other First this year and next years is so much winning 

Indeed.  But it's a gambler's game.... if you plan on that and the top 4 Qbs have all disappeared then you have failed in your prime objective for this draft and have to take a shot on a Rudolph or Jackson turning into the guy.  

I suppose the question is how much risk are they willing to bear..... because if they don't get their QB this year then I really think they are tied to AJ McCarron for at least two years.  The 2019 class does not look promising.  

6 hours ago, PIZ said:

http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/04/16/nfl-draft-picks-prospects-trades-mmqb-peter-king?__twitter_impression=true

Doesn't sound too promising for a trade up for one of the top QBs.

On the contrary, it sounds to me like Buffalo can trade up at a relatively cheap cost and still have their choice of 3 worthy choices. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed.  But it's a gambler's game.... if you plan on that and the top 4 Qbs have all disappeared then you have failed in your prime objective for this draft and have to take a shot on a Rudolph or Jackson turning into the guy.  

I suppose the question is how much risk are they willing to bear..... because if they don't get their QB this year then I really think they are tied to AJ McCarron for at least two years.  The 2019 class does not look promising.  

If the giants are taking qb there aren’t enough draft picks in the world to stop them. If not we hope beane has enough inside info to gamble. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

If the giants are taking qb there aren’t enough draft picks in the world to stop them. If not we hope beane has enough inside info to gamble. 

Oh I agree.... but I don't think they are.  Getting to #2 is still my preferred approach but I worry that they will go there and then pick Allen..... the idea of getting Baker or the Rosen One at #7 is pretty exciting..... but a big gamble on them falling to that pick.  

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh I agree.... but I don't think they are.  Getting to #2 is still my preferred approach but I worry that they will go there and then pick Allen..... the idea of getting Baker or the Rosen One at #7 is pretty exciting..... but a big gamble on them falling to that pick.  

My dream is Barkley at 2. Allen at 3, Nelson 4, and the broncos can’t turn down Chubb playing with Miller. We get our choice of baker or Rosen at 6-7. And hope the cards trade up for the other guy not the phins.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What I took away from his article above everything else is that the Dolphins are serious about trading up for a QB and must have talked to several teams in the top seven about it.

I think it is 1 particular Quarterback.... I believe they love Mayfield.