Probable QB Drop based on rumors

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

As we get closer to draft night it appears that the QB's are starting to drop as their true value against other players on the board start to solidify.

I'm going to predict that Browns at 1 and Jets at 3 take at QB.  If that is the case teams that are QB needy such as Buffalo and Arizona may not move up and with Miami the other QB possibility between 4 and Buffalo leaves the Bills in a great position.

As of today I see the Browns taking Darnold and the Jets taking Rosen.

Assume no QB choices are made or trades made between picks 4-10.

What happens next?

That's funny.  Another thread says it's Allen to the Browns and Mayfield to the Jets.  LOL

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

As we get closer to draft night it appears that the QB's are starting to drop as their true value against other players on the board start to solidify.

Unless you can point out some articles and such that say so, it doesn't "appear" that way at all.

It certainly could happen, but what you appear to mean is that you think it will happen.

3 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

I'm going to predict that Browns at 1 and Jets at 3 take at QB.  If that is the case teams that are QB needy such as Buffalo and Arizona may not move up and with Miami the other QB possibility between 4 and Buffalo leaves the Bills in a great position.

As of today I see the Browns taking Darnold and the Jets taking Rosen.

Assume no QB choices are made or trades made between picks 4-10.

What happens next?

Then we get Baker or Allen at 12.  

But that is very unlikely to happen as we’ll have already moved up a couple spots ahead of Miami

2 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

hard to believe Giants would pass on Darnold

At this point I believe it. I think they know Browns like Allen and we like Darnold or Allen so the teams at the top are jockeying to get someone to trade the farm for their pick, if not they will be happy to stay and make their selection. I very much believe they want Barkley and don't want to trade back and miss out.

My ideal draft:

1. Allen

2. Barkley

3. Mayfield

4. Chubb

5. Darnold

6. Nelson

7. Trade with Bucs, 12 and 53 and maybe another late pick, Rosen is best QB in the draft and this would be amazing value and take the decision out of their hands if nobody before here is willing to trade.

22. LVE, LB Boise State

56. DJ Chark, WR LSU

65. Rashaad Penny, RB SDSU

We want Cleveland to take Allen, get that potential bust off the board. That allows Darnold to fall. I think that is who the Bills want but I don't like his mechanics. Bills try and get him at 4 or 5 but nobody trades with us so Denver grabs him. Rosen is left and maybe they don't like him as much as the others but that is amazing value and is a no brainer pick. Then at 22 we get our MLB. 56 we get our deep threat. 65 we get Shady replacement (this is shady's last year if so).

Edited by kdiggz

QB driven league and this draft has a good 6 really good prospects at QB, even a few later round guys that could end up better then average. IMO this is nothing but wishful thinking. 

17 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I vaguely remember the 2013 draft on a former Bills message board that had EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib going in the top 10.

All 6 of this years "1st round QB's" have warts, there's a good chance a few of them will drop.

2013 was nothing like this draft. Not only did we get EJ that draft we got Kiko. No way that would happen in this draft, you need to move up not down to land one of the top kids from this draft.