Shaquem Griffin - Linebacker UCF

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/11/16/shaquem-griffin-hand-ucf-nfl-draft

Bills need to draft this guy. What a feel-good story. Was on ESPN this morning.

Dude is missing a hand. Ran the 40 at the combine in 4.38 seconds!

I think he led the nation in linebacker sacks. Total McDermott type of work ethic guy. What do ya think?

image.thumb.jpeg.38e795fb21170a75e8820ad7ceedd85b.jpeg

2 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

He also went berserk at the combine in the weight lifting. Had a special grip thing on his one arm that attached to the weight bar.

If they replay the spot on ESPN, it's really worth a look. You'll fall in love with this guy.

I'm confused.

Are you suggesting we draft him or date him?

• Like (+1) 1

I like Shaquem, but drafting him just cause he's a feel good story would be ridiculous. 

With that being said, If the powers that be think he can help the team then definitely draft him. 

The problem with him is that he doesn't really fit anywhere specific and will likely be a special teamer until he can either put on weight, or distinguish himself in some way or another. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have long said I would trade every pick we have to move up for Rosen but, on second thought, if we could somehow keep just one other draft pick, I'd use it on this kid.  Watching ucf games this kid made every freaking play!! It reminded me of watching Wisconsin when JJ Watt was there....Every play was being made by him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Am I being insensitive for wondering how he’s supposed to pull in interceptions or bat down passes thrown to his “missing” side?

Not at all because I’m wondering the same.

I actually wonder, with his speed, if he wouldn’t be a better SS in the NFL than a LBer. Seems he would have a more difficult time shedding blocks.