Should The Bills Let Richie Incognito Out Of His Contract

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Not the brightest bulb in the box, signs deal, thinks about it, fires agent, retires, un-retires, asks for release.

Sounds like drugs to me

His liver and kidneys have miraculously cured - so it can't be drugs.

7 hours ago, Derby Dan said:

Their are no plans to let him out of his contract. Silly question.  We need him

Are you serious?  Read what you just said.  The man has a past and now is unstable and you think a team is going to give us a great draft pick.  Common on man.  Use your head before you post please

Will you stop saying this S##it!!! What are you the grand poobah of posting etiquette?

7 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Will you stop saying this S##it!!! What are you the grand poobah of posting etiquette?

He IS Dunkirk Dan or Derby Don......or whomever is he this week......oi !!!

Wait, I thought football was literally killing him.  Isn't that why he was retiring?  Was he misdiagnosed?  Did his health issues miraculously clear up?  If I didn't know better I'd almost think Richie was lying about his health as a negotiation tactic, but he wouldn't do something that scummy, right? :roll:

The question of whether the renegotiation was fair or not is irrelevant.  He signed the contract.  That should count for something.  Players shouldn't be able to just take a signing bonus then ask to be let go.  That contract is signed in good faith by both sides, one party is agreeing to provide a service for a certain amount of time, in return for clearly noted compensation.  That contract becomes binding when both parties sign it.  If the Bills release him, they gain nothing for it, while Richie stands to gain a lot.  Worse, he could go anywhere, including a divisional rival.  Do you really want him in a Pats uniform protecting Brady this season?

And even if the Bills were feeling generous, Richie's behavior is inexcusable.  He didn't ask nicely or privately.  First, he "retired" for health reasons, then magically recovered.  Then he asks publically on Twitter with whimsical emoticons for a release?  No.  Just no.  Hell no.  I'm fine with trading him away, to a team we won't see soon or frequently.  Get something for him at least.  But just releasing him rewards his behavior and that opens the door for others players to pull this same kind of garbage.

9 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I love how he always leaves the laughing emoji after one of these tweets.  Maybe he’s just cracking under the stress of the NFL Investigating him for the racist slur that Yannick claimed he made...and then forgot

Or he's an idiot.  He's 34 years old and he's acting like he's fresh out of college.

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

Guys, it seems obvious that his referring to the former agents is because he is saying that he's upset about the pay cut they negotiated and that is why he wants his release.

Which is dumb as hell because he could have declined the pay cut and been released to the open market as a Free Agent. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, ALF said:

Richie was great his last 3 seasons , even did his best to learn a complex blocking scheme last season. So they rewarded that effort with a pay cut . That was a real insult. 

I agree with your point, he has played well for us, at a fairly bargain price. I could have seen him taking it as an insult. But he should not have a agreed to the re-structure a few weeks ago.  The Bills would have then been forced to pay him the terms of his contract, or release him...he created this problem for himself. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Are you freaking kidding us right now? Do you not remember what Richie was doing before he joined the Bills?

Oh, that's right. NOTHING. He was unemployed for bullying a black player right out of a job.

But the Bills are the ones in the wrong here. The Bills are the ones who aren't loyal.

Sweetbejebus, the sense of entitlement in this world is embarrassing, and the understanding of self-accountability is all but gone.

Sweetbejebus in perpetuity.

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Tell that to the endless trail of Pats players who were shoved aside.....yet they seem to have no problems getting people to play there.  @Hapless Bills Fan has a strong point.  The Bills win - they payers will come here - end of statement.

Pats get away with this BS only  now after their dominance and lookie lookie that seems to be crumbling. 

It sounds like Incognito is suffering more from a mental health issue than a physical bodily health complication. If he wants to come out of retirement and is on the right meds than by all means the guy should be a Bill or we should trade him for whatever pick we can get.

Edited by Dr.Sack

For those against cutting him - if he shows up, is your opinion we just trust he'll be a reliable player for the season? This feels like it's a trickier situation than what we'd like to do. I don't want to pay for a distraction or worse a hamstring injury day 2 of camp. This is somewhat unique in that we're not dealing with someone that might end up worrying about future reputation. As others have noted, this all coming out of 600k is kind of ridiculous for both sides.

12 minutes ago, disco said:

For those against cutting him - if he shows up, is your opinion we just trust he'll be a reliable player for the season? This feels like it's a trickier situation than what we'd like to do. I don't want to pay for a distraction or worse a hamstring injury day 2 of camp. This is somewhat unique in that we're not dealing with someone that might end up worrying about future reputation. As others have noted, this all coming out of 600k is kind of ridiculous for both sides.

If we cut him, we get absolutely nothing out of it, open the door for other players to try the same scumbag negotiating tactics and face the very real possibility of playing against him twice this season in a Pats uniform.  You can't justify that.  I agree with prior posters who suggest we package him up in a trade with the Giants to lighten the cost of their #2 overall draft pick.