The Ice Man Cometh

Going to be a very ugly night in Western New York due to ice. Share your tips, meals, jokes, and bunker down and catch up on good movies while you still have power and a good book when you don't.

If you know of any elderly neighbors check in on them in the morning.

Keep your digital devices fully charged.

Make as much ice as you can and keep a cooler on hand for any freezer items that you want to save.

If you have a gas-powered generator keep it at least 20 feet away from your house.

Make sure you have a full tank of propane for your grill although it's probably too late for that now.

Great weekend for free agent visits :-)

79 degrees F here at 9:51 pm.

Ice trouble in WNY on April 14th?  That's tough to take.

40 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Led Zeppelin Celebration Day playing here. Drowning out the ice pellets hitting the house.

Had to pick up the pizza and fingers, they weren't they weren't letting any drivers out.

I commend you and award you five bonus points for your choice of entertainment during the ice storm.

I have the DVD myself and have watched it quite a few times.

How did we handle it in March of 1976... No sissy propane tanks, generators, etc... Check on elderly neighbors?  We ate elderly neighbors! After they broke their hip of course slipping.  We had honor back then.:D

That's how!

BTW, I remember that '76 ice storm more than the Blizzard of '77'

One of our fav books... What we say when we get a little ice... "Iciest Day Ever!":lol:

611Q23PM2ML._SY400_.jpg

Babies!

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How did we handle it in March of 1976... No sissy propane tanks, generators, etc... Check on elderly neighbors?  We ate elderly neighbors! After they broke their hip of course slipping.  We had honor back then.:D

That's how!

BTW, I remember that '76 ice storm more than the Blizzard of '77'

One of our fav books... What we say when we get a little ice... "Iciest Day Ever!":lol:

Babies!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc3m54wjshLKIObSPBm_4

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Led Zeppelin Celebration Day playing here. Drowning out the ice pellets hitting the house.

Had to pick up the pizza and fingers, they weren't they weren't letting any drivers out.

Funny ... my albums of choice last night were Houses and Zep III.  Yesterday was my iced-in day.