Josh Allen will be the best QB in draft

Everyone looks at film, film, film.. obviously it is the single most important evaluator, but..

How about looking into the head and chest?

Personally, if Darnold isn’t there, Allen is the guy. 

Rosen has bust written all over him. Not because of talent, but what’s in his chest, and what’s in daddy’s wallet. A few hits, some locker room rejection, and I can see Rosen not surviving the mental game because if really doesn’t need a paycheck, the motivation runs out. A few hits, and mom starts telling him he doesn’t need this...

Mayfield has bust potential, and my guess is 75%-25% he busts. Those who need to read negative headlines for motiviation will run out of gas at some point. 

Edited by George C

8 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Hey genius he was just providing a little evidence in the face of your unsubstantiated claim. Allen’s receivers did not drop an inordinate amount of balls. Course you “watched a few games” so you thought you knew better. 

Has nothing to do with where they’ll be picked.

I'll own up to stats. Ok sure.. Stats do not tell the whole story though. You and I both know it. My point in the order is if those stats are  everything than would you pick in the order that the stats layed out? Of course you would not. And would you pick Allan's receivers over the other QBs receivers. Probably not. If you don't like Allen because you say his completion % is bad, than go off the stats. That's your reasoning. To me. I see the guy with the most upside. He has a good arm. And is fast and can hit the Windows. If I were to just base a pick on stats, than I'm only basing the pick off of part of the story. He is a good pick.

you got half of it right [the josh part].  josh allen is gonna suck .and anybody that reads should know.  way, way to many red flags.he was bad against bad teams in a bad conference. we are not getting below the fifth pick and i hope he is not there  would rather have jackson, rosen or mayfield 

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Kelly said:

I'll own up to stats. Ok sure.. Stats do not tell the whole story though. You and I both know it. My point in the order is if those stats are  everything than would you pick in the order that the stats layed out? Of course you would not. And would you pick Allan's receivers over the other QBs receivers. Probably not. If you don't like Allen because you say his completion % is bad, than go off the stats. That's your reasoning. To me. I see the guy with the most upside. He has a good arm. And is fast and can hit the Windows. If I were to just base a pick on stats, than I'm only basing the pick off of part of the story. He is a good pick.

No stats do not tell the “whole story,” but the particular stat shown was in response to your very specific excuse for Allen: that his receivers dropped a lot of passes. Simply not true, relative to the other QB prospects’ drop rates. 

Now you’re backing off of that claim, which is fine. He may very well end up being a good pick for someone, but let’s not bend the truth in an attempt to make excuses for the guy. The shortcomings are there. BTW, his completion % stayed steady for ‘16 and ‘17, and he had two different receiving corps those years. Maybe the problem is him.

1 minute ago, Derby Dan said:

Really Jackson is like Taylor athletic and no accuracy. You can not teach size and arm strength 

jackson is nothing like taylor [ please do some research before saying that ] except  black and fast .  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Derby Dan said:

Really Jackson is like Taylor athletic and no accuracy. You can not teach size and arm strength 

Lamer Jackson is a far more accomplished and better prospect than Tyrod ever was. But they’re both black and fast so go ahead make that asinine comparison.

I dont know if Allen will be the best qb taken this year, but im not too comfortable drafting Southern Cali qbs who dont typically paly or are from our type of climate.

Allen at least does play in similar elements and that can make or break a qbs abilities. I dont want a kid to. Come in to Buffalo and play for 3 yrs to basically leave in FA.With these cali qbs , i can titally see that happening.

Just because they are good in southern cali, dosent mean they will be good here or wanna stay here. Lets just draft the best guy for our long term future and develope the hell out of him!

With a little hard work and dedication he could be the next Ryan Mallet. 

22 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

I dont know if Allen will be the best qb taken this year, but im not too comfortable drafting Southern Cali qbs who dont typically paly or are from our type of climate.

Allen at least does play in similar elements and that can make or break a qbs abilities. I dont want a kid to. Come in to Buffalo and play for 3 yrs to basically leave in FA.With these cali qbs , i can titally see that happening.

Just because they are good in southern cali, dosent mean they will be good here or wanna stay here. Lets just draft the best guy for our long term future and develope the hell out of him!

Tom Brady is from San Francisco. We need to get used to the fact that all the football kids are being born in warmer climates where all the jobs and money went. Rust Belt won’t be producing talent like Kelly, Marino or Montana any time soon. If Brady can do it, any good QB should be able to. 

Also, Jimbo played in Miami and Houston...not exactly Buffalo by any stretch of the imagination. Weather is such a non factor for good players. It’s a variable, but not a determination. 

Edited by Gigs

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

No stats do not tell the “whole story,” but the particular stat shown was in response to your very specific excuse for Allen: that his receivers dropped a lot of passes. Simply not true, relative to the other QB prospects’ drop rates. 

Now you’re backing off of that claim, which is fine. He may very well end up being a good pick for someone, but let’s not bend the truth in an attempt to make excuses for the guy. The shortcomings are there. BTW, his completion % stayed steady for ‘16 and ‘17, and he had two different receiving corps those years. Maybe the problem is him.

Well, from the games and highlights, I saw, I seen his receivers drop the passes. So sorry I did not watch every game and go in to the history log to get you every stat. My option, take it or leave it.

Allen couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Previous QB Coffman I'm 2015 had 63% completion rate, with essentially the same roster as Allen.

Keep making excuses, no one gives a ... the kid is not a first rounder let a lone a top ten pick.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Gigs said:

With a little hard work and dedication he could be the next Ryan Mallet. 

Tom Brady is from San Francisco. We need to get used to the fact that all the football kids are being born in warmer climates where all the jobs and money went. Rust Belt won’t be producing talent like Kelly, Marino or Montana any time soon. If Brady can do it, any good QB should be able to. 

Also, Jimbo played in Miami and Houston...not exactly Buffalo by any stretch of the imagination. Weather is such a non factor for good players. It’s a variable, but not a determination. 

I knew that was coming! Both those guys are Northern Cali, not to say that theres a significant difference in the weather, but its not all sunshine and 70s in norther cali.

Brady played his college ball in Mich, which is similar to Buff.

Kelly is from P.A, similar as well.

I'll say this...

Give me Allen over Jackson. Just watch Lamar against Clemson this year. Throwing balls all over the place with no accuracy. I like Allen more because of his size and tools. I still think he will suck but give me him over the RB Jackson.

For me, it's Darnold/Mayfield or bust.

1 minute ago, Derby Dan said:

I said it too and many people on this board agrees with my opinion so your statement of 1 is incorrect 

Many people agree with you just like there were many (1 person) who called Allen the next JK. ?

17 hours ago, Midwest1981 said:

Allen had a significantly superior supporting cast in 2016 (including a couple of 2017 draft picks in Brian Hill and Chase Roullier) and his completion percentage was actually lower that year at 56.0% (compared to 56.3% this past fall). Allen also was 58th out of 59 qualifying QB’s in completion percentage at the JUCO level in 2014 and completed just 49.0% at Reeding.

His accuracy issues aren’t hopeless but they’re not manufactured, either, and need vast improvement.

He also threw for >75% more yards as a Junior when he had a better supporting cast.  He isn’t my favorite, but I can understand why a team might take him high.

17 hours ago, Logic said:

35 years ago. I wonder if football has changed at all since then?

It has ... Quarterbacks are protected more than ever and defensive backs are flagged more than ever, it's all about the offenses today.

Allen never had a QB coach in college until this past season. They have said that his foot work is a mess and that affects his accuracy. Give him an NFL QB coach and it's possible they fix his issues.

Drafting Allen may get you the next Roethlisberger or it may give you the next Dan McGuire, only time will tell ... TBD