Josh Allen will be the best QB in draft

I agree. I orginally wanted Mayfield, but changed my mind. Other qbs are too risky, in my mind.. Allen has rhe most upside. He is strong, smart, mobile and accuracy will improve, after a year of two of learning and practice.

1 minute ago, drf1835 said:

I agree. I orginally wanted Mayfield, but changed my mind. Other qbs are too risky, in my mind.. Allen has rhe most upside. He is strong, smart, mobile and accuracy will improve, after a year of two of learning and practice.

Allen is certainly not the least risky.  I like him, but it's a gamble.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

He won't.  They won't be able to fix his accuracy issues.

I find it funny how everyone keeps on the accuracy issues. The kid had bad receivers. If you bother to look at the highlights, his receivers dropped a lot. The placement is what should be considered. A lot of those drops were right in position to be caught. He had 1 decent receiver out of 4. Plus he was down a starting center and RB. This guy can run, throw, anticipate and most importantly see over the center. Mayfield is Short and will have problems.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

I’m with you on this. This guy could develop into a monster. 

Are Bills the right team of Coaching to do that though ?

Just now, Bring Back Kelly said:

I find it funny how everyone keeps on the accuracy issues. The kid had bad receivers. If you bother to look at the highlights, his receivers dropped a lot. The placement is what should be considered. A lot of those drops were right in position to be caught. He had 1 decent receiver out of 4. Plus he was down a starting center and RB. This guy can run, throw, anticipate and most importantly see over the center. Mayfield is Short and will have problems.

seeing over the center is your basis ?
/S

Edited by 3rdand12

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

so he is pretty risky though for top 3-5 qb ?

I think he is, but he also has a high ceiling.  Have to trust your team's evaluation, whatever it is; in general, I'd rather try for the fella that could be exceptional than go for a fairly certain mediocrity.  A really good player with a higher floor would be preferable, though, imo.

I'm sure even those NFL scouts/teams that LOVE Josh Allen can clearly see he needs work on his mechanics and accuracy.

They are just more confident in their ability to fix his weak points.  If it's the Bills, I hope they are right.

It's not necessarily about about those who "know football" versus those who don't. 

Every college prospect has flaws, and areas of their game which must be improved at the pro level.  This goes especially for Quarterbacks.

Personally, I would rather take the chance on a guy who has issues with decision-making (Sam Darnold) or a weird personality (Josh Rosen), than a guy who needs to re-learn how to throw a football.   I don't consider the ability to toss 80 yard bombs essential to the QB position.  But at the end of the day, Darnold could end up being the reincarnation of Jay Cutler and Rosen could end up being a locker room cancer - while Allen turns himself into a Pro-Bowler.  Nobody really knows.

• Like (+1) 2

I've had enough of QB's with accuracy issues

"...Area code accuracy -- short throws are often low or wide, preventing receivers from making a play after the catch. Deep ball accuracy is uneven as well..."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ej-manuel?id=2539228

That being said, EJ may have been the best quarterback to come out of the 2013 draft

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Kelly said:

Allen had a significantly superior supporting cast in 2016 (including a couple of 2017 draft picks in Brian Hill and Chase Roullier) and his completion percentage was actually lower that year at 56.0% (compared to 56.3% this past fall). Allen also was 58th out of 59 qualifying QB’s in completion percentage at the JUCO level in 2014 and completed just 49.0% at Reeding.

His accuracy issues aren’t hopeless but they’re not manufactured, either, and need vast improvement.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think he is, but he also has a high ceiling.  Have to trust your team's evaluation, whatever it is; in general, I'd rather try for the fella that could be exceptional than go for a fairly certain mediocrity.  A really good player with a higher floor would be preferable, though, imo.

i  do agree. This year we have to trust the FO and the scouting Team Beane has in place